Can one cage a MAV after uncage?

Can one cage a MAV after uncage?

So, when uncaged, sometimes the opportunity passes,

but I can only go to another MAV to start with a MAV caged.

Is WIP? Is normal behaviour? I missed something?

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

Pressing "C" on the keyboard, or the appropriate binding, will both cage and uncage your MAV. If when you rollout your MAV is way off boresight, it may take a few seconds for it to return.

EDIT: I do believe the seeker of the MAV is still a WIP, and the return to boresight speeds may be part of that.

Edited by Baaz

Actually it's a bit weirder (in my setup Openbeta latest)

select

- DDI L stores/Arm/AG

- DDI L designated

- select MAV(F)

- select MAV again (4 loaded 4 pilons) for TV

- DDI L says 'caged'

"C" does nothing, repeated C does nothing

"ENTER" (Throttle Designator Controller - Depress) uncages and groundtracks

hold "ENTER" + slew SLEW MAV

release "ENTER" ground tracks

"C" does nothing

'step' gives the next pilon and a freshly caged TV

?

Part must be WIP? But no cage/uncage "C"? I am forced to step to another pilon to have a caged MAV?

(NB. I don't like the slewing (WIP) so I fly the diamond on the target and press/release 'depress' ENTER which then locks the near target, if there's no succesful lock, I go around but need to 'step' to another pilon to get a caged MAV)

BTW - Absolutely GREAT plane sofar. Well done DCS.

Edited by majapahit

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

admin appearantly added [CANNOT REPRODUCE] in the header.

now what :) ?

I'll do a repair see what happens

Edited by majapahit

admin appearantly added [CANNOT REPRODUCE] in the header.

?

******* SOLVED *******

old

Keyboard.diff.lua

messing up

had to re-assign bindings fresh,

sorry about that

Edited by majapahit

We have had the same issue.

First MAV times out...fire it and the next MAV has black screen and cannot be uncaged. We haven't been able to correlate a specific action to uncage the second or third MAV. We've cycled trough the stores page, stepped through the missiles, turn DDI on/off. The MAV works again but it is very random; not a keyboard issue on our end.

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

How do you repare your problem ???

delete the

Keyboard.diff.lua

in

"c:\Users\<your username>\

..\Saved Games\DCS\Config\Input\FA-18C_hornet\keyboard\Keyboard.diff.lua"

and then you'll rebind the key definitions fresh whatever you think worthwhile.

(I for one define a key to 'emergency jetison' and such and the A/P buttons )

my Keyboard.diff.lua was about whatever, 5-10 updates, old and when I chked the contents I found double bindings and anomalies (obsolete definition f.i.), which apparently generate weird effects in DCS.

If you're not quite sure what all your ADDED KEY-bindings were (hence '.diff'), before you delete, load the game, go to controls and do an 'export to html' so you have a record.

BTW also, this particular 'cage' "C" command is one of those 'do not tap, push slow' commands/buttons, which might be weighing in here.

Edited by majapahit