DCS Civilian Mods

Joe_rowe

the problem is with the new shader and without the original 3D models no chance to get it back.

the need new exported to an edm file. (we had same problems with our mods. only new export with latest tools from ed solved it)

sorry to say that but RIP

Hi all, I was in the same boat as you all: instant crashes with any mission with planes from the Civil Aircraft Mod, or trying to look at the 3D model in the Mission Editor. I tried to make sure that the mod was in the right place (Saved Games\DCS\Mods\aircraft). Tried adding the fake_spot_lights.zip file. Tried copy-pasting my whole DCS install and downgrading to stable -- still exactly the same result. I was really surprised at that since this thread indicated the upgrade to 2.5.6 was the problem.

Finally, not sure why, I deleted my version of Civil Aircraft Mod (which was v0.81) and downloaded a new version. Deleted the old one from my "Saved Games\DCS\Mods\aircraft" and replaced the new one. Works now, on OpenBeta! Not sure why, but give it a shot.

(Should mention that I still have the fake_spot_lights.zip file in there in case it makes a difference.)

Hi all, I was in the same boat as you all: instant crashes with any mission with planes from the Civil Aircraft Mod, or trying to look at the 3D model in the Mission Editor. I tried to make sure that the mod was in the right place (Saved Games\DCS\Mods\aircraft).

Finally, not sure why, I deleted my version of Civil Aircraft Mod (which was v0.81) and downloaded a new version. Deleted the old one from my "Saved Games\DCS\Mods\aircraft" and replaced the new one. Works now, on OpenBeta! Not sure why, but give it a shot.

Hi,

You seem to be confusing the Civil Aircrafts Mod with this thread's Mod (Civil Objects Mod).

Eduardo.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Only vehicles run fine in 2.5.6 with this mod, all other objects make DCS crashes.

Hello,

Hope Joe Rowe will not object, but I've edited a version of this Mod with just the vehicles. It works nicely on DCS 2.5.6 Openbeta. It has the same internal name as the original Mod, so it can be used in its place, to fix older Missions that used the old Mod.

Download from here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ai6cuX3YQI26hsJugq_0nbzWnm3QQQ?e=n0bmoi

(It's in OvGME format)

Best regards,

Eduardo

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

• 2 weeks later...

I did not got thru all the thread pages, but is it by design that the objects are indestructible? I have a placed "USAF Agressor" Civ Police Car 1 facing a USA Hummer. The hummer's .50 gunner start firing thru the police car, but this one never seems to get hit. Also tested with a Stryker ...same issue.

Just wondering

I did not got thru all the thread pages, but is it by design that the objects are indestructible? I have a placed "USAF Agressor" Civ Police Car 1 facing a USA Hummer. The hummer's .50 gunner start firing thru the police car, but this one never seems to get hit. Also tested with a Stryker ...same issue.

Just wondering

Sounds like there isn't a collision box added to the model, which is required to "take hits" aka a bullet collides with the collision box.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Opinion ....

Hello friends ,

Such a shame DCS didnt take this into account to keep these great addons compatible .... civ obj .... civ aircraft ... ect ..... Some of us spended weeks / months editicng to make the scenes more realistic or alive. For now all these investments seem lost and i hope they will take this into account , orrr integrate these into DCS as standard..... not to mention those developers who took the time and efford to make these addons which must have taken months , just to show their appreciation for this game. I hope they will take this seriously coz i think alot of the users use these addons.

RWC and :(

Such a shame DCS didnt take this into account to keep these great addons compatible .... civ obj .... civ aircraft

Civilian aircrafts is still compatible :)

... ect ..... Some of us spended weeks / months editicng to make the scenes more realistic or alive. For now all these investments seem lost

Yes, it sucks, but it is a risk one takes when using an unofficial Mod on a Mission.

orrr integrate these into DCS as standard.....

Each Mod has an author who owns it ... ED can’t simply take them, and even if they did then they would have to spend man-hours updating them whenever DCS evolves, not sure if ED can afford that since they are already spread pretty thin.

not to mention those developers who took the time and efford to make these addons which must have taken months , just to show their appreciation for this game.

The developers have the choice of updating their Mods, but their personal situation changes over time, some don't have the time anymore, others have passed away (like the very much missed Lilkiki).

I hope they will take this seriously coz i think alot of the users use these addons.

My personal feeling is that no .. the majority of users don’t like to use Mods.

Best regards,

Eduardo

Hello friends ,

Such a shame DCS didnt take this into account to keep these great addons compatible .... civ obj .... civ aircraft ... ect ..... Some of us spended weeks / months editicng to make the scenes more realistic or alive. For now all these investments seem lost and i hope they will take this into account , orrr integrate these into DCS as standard..... not to mention those developers who took the time and efford to make these addons which must have taken months , just to show their appreciation for this game. I hope they will take this seriously coz i think alot of the users use these addons.

RWC and :(

The reality of gaming hardware is, that it moves on to better graphics, new DirectX shaders and overall, over the decades.

Where Eagle Dynamics took the effort and invested time and resources into upgrading the overall graphics engine and bringing the lighting up to par with todays standards, it requires not only the third parties to "update" all of their modules, but the community mods, as well. If nobody is willing to do it, than it's unfortunate, but nothing ED can "fix" by magically flipping a switch, or adding a line of code.

The problem with "integrating" these non-commercial mods is that they would become commercial and the original modders need to proof they are their original work and do not enflict on other copyrights etc. in addition somebody needs to do the integration and maintenance thereafter.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Hello,

Hope Joe Rowe will not object, but I've edited a version of this Mod with just the vehicles. It works nicely on DCS 2.5.6 Openbeta. It has the same internal name as the original Mod, so it can be used in its place, to fix older Missions that used the old Mod.

Download from here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ai6cuX3YQI26hsJugq_0nbzWnm3QQQ?e=n0bmoi

(It's in OvGME format)

Best regards,

Eduardo

After using the generic mod enablerv2.6.0157 to install the vehicle module, I found that in the map editing, if I select the building option in the static object, the DCS will still crash and dx11renderer error will appear

After using the generic mod enablerv2.6.0157 to install the vehicle module, I found that in the map editing, if I select the building option in the static object, the DCS will still crash and dx11renderer error will appear

Problem solving

Hi friends,

After fooling around a bit i think i have the issue of the fake_spot_lights solved and it was actually quite simple and it seems to work for me.

Since it cant find the fake_spot_lights.fx file i made a copy of the fake_spot_lights2.fx file and just renamed it to the fake_spot_lights.fx file in the same folder.....

It seems to work !

ill run more tests lateron ....

See if it works for you guys as well ...

RWC

• 3 weeks later...
Hello,

I have created some models for civilian style mission creation. Mainly based on helicopter operations but not limited just to this....

Hello,

I have installed the MOd as directed but when selecting "Heliports" the program goes into a steady waiting mode. Vehicles are not a problem and display fine.

Any thoughts why it would do this?

Regards,

Murdok.

• 1 month later...
Hello,

I have created some models for civilian style mission creation. Mainly based on helicopter operations but not limited just to this.

The MOD currently contains:

6x Emergency service vehicles as ground units.

2x Follow Me vehicles.

1x Hospital Heliport with FARP properties.

3x Full land based Heliports, Temperate / Desert / Winter with FARP properties.

1x Large Helipad with FARP properties.

1x Small with FARP properties.

1x Large Helipad which can be placed on existing roofs.

1x Small Helipad which can be placed on existing roofs.

- A fleet of Emergency vehicles, both lit and unlit.

- Airfield lighting including Ramp Lights.

The MOD will have additions added as I make each one.

This thread is for Request / Bugs / discussion and general use of the MOD.

It would also be nice to see some images of how you are using the MOD.

Changes:

v1.0

2x Helipads.

v1.1

Added: Airfield Lights.

v1.2

Added: Emergency Vehicles.

v1.3

Added: Drivers to lit vehicles - Second Police Car.

v1.4

Added: Hospital building with heliport - Converted 2x helipads to heliports. (This allows starts from pads and counts landings in logbook)

v1.5

Added: Apron Lights 360 & 180, BTS. Reworked all lighting, increased range of ground lights.

v1.6

Added: 3x Heliports, Temperate / Desert / Winter - Some optimisations - Lighting optimisations.

v1.7

Added: 6x emergency vehicles as ground units.

Added: Windows to the back of the hospital.

Added: Gates to the heliport fence.

Optomised all models for better performance.

Optomised all textures for better performance.

v1.75

Added: Animated wheels for Ground unit vehicles.

Added: Animated lights for moving Ground unit vehicles.

v1.8

Added: 2x "Follow Me" animated ground untits.

Optomised vehicle glass for ground units.

v1.9

Added: Police Motorcycle animated ground units.

Optimised vehicle performance data to vary speed.

Re-scaled objects on hospital roof.

It can be downloaded from the ED user files area here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3302094/

Enjoy and thanks for viewing.

JR

Up next - Airport Ground Service Vehicles

Images below:

Hello, JR,

With the upgrade to DCS to the atest version, your great Mod no longer seems available in Mission Editor. Those mission created prior to the upgrade still show some of the items included in the mod and still work, but that's as far as it goes.

Any thoughts?

Regards,

Murdok.

• 1 month later...

Help???? The helipads make my DCS freeze/crash. Using current Open Beta version. Other selections within the mod seem to work fine. If I select any of the helipads or lights then my system freezes.

Can anyone please help?

Thx / Dave

• Like 1

• 11 months later...