Introducing the VPC WarBRD

Cyph3r

Delivered .....Mine required a signature.....I got lucky it was a Saturday ...

i7-9700K @ 5.0 l MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Plus MB l 32GB DDR4 2400 Ram l Sabrent Rocket Q 1TB M.2 l EVGA 3080 FTW l Win10 Pro l WarBRD/Warthog Hotas l VKB MkIV rudder Pedals l Reverb G2

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question for those in the US who received a shipment recently from VPC; Was the package delivered or did you have to pick it up at your local P.O? Also, did the package requie signature at delivery or pickup?

Thanks.

They just put mine next to my door.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

A device of more than 300 bucks? Delivered next to your door? OMG!!

Sent from my MiG-29S (9-13S) using Tapatalk

Yea I got home from work and it was sitting there next to my door. The area is pretty nice and there is a small roof over the door of the apartment so I guess they thought it was fine to leave it. Had it been my previous apartment, it would have been stolen.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Question for those in the US who received a shipment recently from VPC; Was the package delivered or did you have to pick it up at your local P.O? Also, did the package requie signature at delivery or pickup?

Thanks.

Well it has been a while for me, but in my case mine was delivered to my home address, and yes signature was required.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

After a few adventures with the Configuration Software, I finally got my Warbrd configured and calibrated with the Warthog grip. Everything appears to be operational regarding buttons and axes.

I downloaded the latest (Rev 9/28/18) from the .eu store download page including the User Manual for the configuration software (note: not the previous "lite" version).

The manual is ok but could be clearer, particularly in describing the step by step instructions to bring a brand new controller (base in my case) to life. Virpil, as a suggestion, put the manual and a new controller in front of a non engineer and see if they can follow the manual to configure the controller.

I used the stock springs and cams with the Warthog grip. Feels pretty good but time will tell how it "flies". I had used a 3" extension on my Warthog stick to overcome the "sticktion" that we all know with the Warthog. I may try the extension with thw Warbrd but as it stands now it does not appear to be necessary.

Finally, the Warbrd feels great and I'm looking forward to using it in DCS and elsewhere.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

3rd Mar Div

RVN '66-'67

I use a service which is authorized to sign for my mail so I never have to worry about a package, they're always there and nothing gets stolen or rained on. More, they give you an address instead of just having a box number which derails the above "wont deliver to box" outfits. You've probably got something similar near you and the pricing (around here) is similar to a PO box.

• 4 weeks later...

what gives? needing a little help here.

I just received the WarBRD. I'm wanting to install the bottom plate onto the base, using the 4 allen tapered head screws. When I attempt to tighten them, I can only get about 85%. The remaining 1/8 to 1/4" of the screw is sticking out. This doesn't appear to be a self tapping thingy... :-)

Nothing came in the box as far as assembly instructions, and the Virpil site has zip for the WarBRD. Only the T50 base...

For those that have the WarBRD, no issues for you with installing the base plate onto the base, using the 4 supplied screws? (I noticed in my base the threads do not go very deep).

If I have to, I'll hunt down some shorter length tapered screws.

Edit: I did just that. I have some shorter length screws that will do the job. Nonetheless, I just would be curious to hear from others that have the WarBRD base, and installing the the plate onto the base, via the stock parts.

Edited by javelina1

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

When I attempt to tighten them, I can only get about 85%. The remaining 1/8 to 1/4" of the screw is sticking out. This doesn't appear to be a self tapping thingy... :-)
:yes: Everything is good.

---------- Head Designer ----------

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I had the same issue with the screw sticking out. If you just have it a bit more torque it goes in just fine.

gotcha, I just didn't want to strip anything. I used a slightly shorter screw, and all is flush and snug. :)

I can't test the WarBRD until tomorrow, but anxious to do so. :thumbup:

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

You'll love it. So smooth and precise. The software setup is archaic. There a YouTube video. Follow it to aT. Except I believe you there is a different PCB you use. You'll see what I mean in the top right corner. I'm not a home right now but if I remember when I get home I'll put on here which one to use

gotcha, I just didn't want to strip anything. I used a slightly shorter screw, and all is flush and snug. :)

I can't test the WarBRD until tomorrow, but anxious to do so.

It works like a dream. My skills were improved since I use it.

Sent from my MiG-29S (9-13S) using Tapatalk

:megalol:

You'll love it. So smooth and precise. The software setup is archaic. There a YouTube video. Follow it to aT. Except I believe you there is a different PCB you use. You'll see what I mean in the top right corner. I'm not a home right now but if I remember when I get home I'll put on here which one to use

thanks, I'll do that (youtube vid), later today. I've got the afternoon for this. :thumbup:

I got her all configured just fine. Just did my inaugural launch and trap. I'm very impressed with the WarBRD. It does feel much crisper, and smoother.

I've mounted it up onto my Wheel Stand Pro, and I have it mounted to the right, my keyboard & mouse in the center, and the throttle to the left. (I like flying F-16 style with my controls). :-)

So far so good, I'm really liking the BRD!

(thanks for the pointers chief!)

My "first" official mission via the WarBRD, (as of last Friday night).

Launched from the Stennis just fine, joystick controls as expected. I vectored into 2 separate bogey's, and managed to splash them. Had to SpamRAAM the first baddie, and followed up with the kill shot.

Was low on fuel, and called out to the tanker. I hit the basket on the first try... And, the KC-130 was in a turn. Man, this WarBRD is SO SMOOTH! Topped off the tanks, and then played around with the flight model. Again, this WarBRD is the Cats @SS! I'm really enjoying it.

Finally, I did the old TACAN back to the Stennis. Had a bolter on the first attempt, but then hit the 2nd wire on my second approach.

Overall, I'm really impressed. The WarBRD is indeed a further step up from my original TM WH Stick. (I'm using the WH stick with the WarBRD).

I would definitely, rather, highly recommend this stick base for anyone wanting a desktop setup!

• 9 months later...
Interesting I did not notice. I just replied to the same ticket and got a response. For anyone that has the same issue you have to short out the base via some pins. Will post the picture when I get it from support.

Edit: Here's the pins you have to short if your warBRD ever gets goofed up while using new software or windows 10 USB issues.

2fdb30b52f335b9e62dd86bdb2f75ea7.jpg

Dear friend, I´m having this problem with a brand new Pc, would you please tell how to short out the base and what are the pins ?

Thanks!

Aorus Z390 Extreme MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.0 GHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3600 MHz CL14 DDR4 Ram | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler | Corsair TX 850M PS | Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe SSD 1TB |TMWH Hotas with VPC WarBRD Base| Corsair Gamer 570x Crystal Case | HP Reverb

Dear friend, I´m having this problem with a brand new Pc, would you please tell how to short out the base and what are the pins ?

Thanks!

Take a flat head screw driver and hold it on the two pins you see in the pic. At the same time plug it in to the PC. Anything metal will work as long as you put it on the two pins. It will take some time to get it right.

Take a flat head screw driver and hold it on the two pins you see in the pic. At the same time plug it in to the PC. Anything metal will work as long as you put it on the two pins. It will take some time to get it right.

Sorry if sounds stupid but when you say pins are those in the pic below.

Thanks!!

1.jpg.a182b1b362bfa7cea7d01075973d1b39.jpg

Aorus Z390 Extreme MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.0 GHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3600 MHz CL14 DDR4 Ram | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler | Corsair TX 850M PS | Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe SSD 1TB |TMWH Hotas with VPC WarBRD Base| Corsair Gamer 570x Crystal Case | HP Reverb

Sorry if sounds stupid but when you say pins are those in the pic below.

Thanks!!

Yup those are the ones.

Yup those are the ones.

Thanks a lot!!