New caucasus map

-IRRE-Rolluptito

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With this upcoming new release will the dev team consider creating default DCS 2.5 graphics driver profiles or at least giving precise guidance on recommended settings to get the most out of contemporary graphics hardware?

Regards, Django.

| BMS | DCS OB | A-10C II | AV-8B | F-16C | F/A-18C | FC3 | Persian Gulf | Supercarrier | Tacview | XP11 | FF A320 | FF 757 |

| I7-9700K + NH-D15 | RTX3080Ti 12GB | DDR4-3200 16GB | Aorus Z390 Ultra | 2X Evo 860 1TB | 850W | Torrent Case |

| Warthog HOTAS + CH Pedals | 32" TV 1080p 60Hz | TrackIR5 |

Has there been any word on whether we can expect the new FLIR representation at 2.5 launch?

That will come at some point during the Hornet's development.

Intel 9600K@4.9GHz, Asus Z390, 32GB DDR4, EVGA RTX 3070, Custom Water Cooling, 970 EVO 1TB NVMe

34" UltraWide 3440x1440 Curved Monitor, 21" Touch Screen MFD monitor, TIR5

My Pit Build, VKB Gunfighter Pro w/WH Grip, TMWH Throttle, MFG Crosswinds W/Combat Pedals, Cougar MFDs, Custom A-10C panels, Custom Helo Collective, SimShaker with Transducer

Is it possible to install 2.5 in a separate new Hard Disk?

Will i have any activation problems with my installed modules?

If I understood it correctly, 2.5 will be a new installation and some files

will be copied directly from the currently 2.X version, even if they are located in a different HD, right?

Same, I already deleted 1.5 and 2.2. I am (impatiently :D) waiting for the 2.5 to come out. I guess next week or so!

That wasn't the best thing to do as the 2.5 would copy files from 1.5, significantly reducing the download time.

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

That wasn't the best thing to do as the 2.5 would copy files from 1.5, significantly reducing the download time.

With all due respect, I really don't care. It's 2.5, one of the most important updates of all time. We've been talking about the great merge since NTTR was released, having to live with two clients is very annoying, and ED knows this very well, that's why they are working hard to release 2.5.

Having to wait an extra time in order to download 2.5 doesn't mean anything to me, compared to the years that we've been waiting for the merge. :)

With all due respect, I really don't care. It's 2.5, one of the most important updates of all time. We've been talking about the great merge since NTTR was released, having to live with two clients is very annoying, and ED knows this very well, that's why they are working hard to release 2.5.

Having to wait an extra time in order to download 2.5 doesn't mean anything to me, compared to the years that we've been waiting for the merge. :)

^THIS^ :thumbup:

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Asus TUF OC RTX 4090 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb G2 | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds

??? I'm just saying that you could have deleted 1.5 and 2.2 after installing 2.5 - thus saving a lot of download time.

With all due respect, it's kind of a strange rationalle to say that since the 2.5 had been prepared by ED for a long time, I'll delete existing installs at least a weak before it comes out, won't fly DCS during this time and spend unnecessary more time for downloding the install...

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

just had to log in to say "lol wtf?"

I7 7700k - Msi Z270 Gaming+

GTX 1070ti

16gb @2400

2x Samsung 850EVO 250/500 - 1x HDD 1TB

SAITEK-MAD CATZ CYBORG FLY 5 STICK

WIN 10

I hope it will be out the next Friday, now that today is not the day...

Enviado desde mi Lenovo Z90a40 mediante Tapatalk

Of course it's not today, it's not the end of January!

Still funny that people thought 2.5 was going to be today. Far too early. We always have to look at the very end of the deadline estimate.

Edited by Magic Zach

Hardware: T-50 Mongoose, VKB STECS, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: AH-64D, Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, F-16C, F-15E, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

Well, it's the second half of the month!

Have you even seen ED releasing something before the very last moment of the announced time line ? :lol::music_whistling:

"You don't rise to the occasion, you fall to your level of preparation."

Correct, and right now I know of no plans to add them to NTTR or Normandy, although I hope they change their minds on Normandy, NTTR is probably fine as is, but I wouldnt be mad if they did as well :)

Normandy is something I hope gets revisited later, the NTTR is like... Why? You don't really have trees there. But if it would improve FPS or AI logic cost somewhat, then why not, if it would even too improve the maintenance?

BUT... What is "speedtree" really as performance wise? If just having prettier random trees, then fine, but hopefully it has good impact to the performance too...

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.