US Navy Squadrons Su-33 Carrier Ops, Single and Multi player

US NAVY SQUADRONS Su-33 CARRIER OPS

Single and Multi player missions for release ver 1.5.6

1q4fn8.jpg

* Feel free to change or modify these missions for your own personal use, but DO NOT repost or upload them anywhere.

** Do Not use my voiceover files in any other missions created for DCS. It's not fair to the hard work of the actors and to the hours I have spent to coordinate with the actors and to produce these voice files.

Requires the Su-33 from the Flaming Cliffs 3 module and skins by "Home Fries". (See links below)

I plan to do about 5 missions in this continuing mini-campaign project for the Su-33 Flanker 'D' in US Navy Fighter Squadron liveries. I may do more, depending on how people respond to this scenario, the number of times the missions are downloaded, and how well the discussion and participation goes in this topic. Please feel free to post here whether it's bug reporting, critiques and criticisms, if you need help in completing any of the sorties and/or your experiences flying the missions including any screenshots you'd like to share.

The scenarios are loosely based on the 1986 movie "Top Gun", with "Home Fries" US Navy Fighter Squadron skins used to add some atmosphere. The Multiplayer version is for two players, sometimes more, and in the Singleplayer version you will have 1 wingman.

I highly recommend that you get the US Navy skins to fly with in these missions. It really adds to the atmosphere as your role is of a US Navy Aviator. Home Fries has updated these skins recently and there's a nice installer so you can have the option to install them two different ways. You can download the superb US Navy Fighter Squadrons Su-33 skins by "Home Fries" here:

Vol I: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/2102033/

Vol II: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/2102019/

I also advise downloading the TOPGUN Mig-28 v2 skin by "Beefdork" so you don't see a plain vanilla F-5 adversary.

download here: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/2169031/

1z3m2xu.jpg

MISSION 1

Multiplayer filename: Su-33CarrierOps1Multi.miz

Singleplayer filename: Su-33CarrierOps1Single.miz

Instructions:

Start on the Carrier. On sortie 1 you must follow your waypoints precisely to receive additional tasking and to progress through the mission.

Friendly Airbases: Kobuleti, Senaki-Kolkhi (alternate and rearming)

Enemy Airbases: Kutaisi, Batumi

Tasking will be given in the cockpit. In mission 1 you will fly 3 sorties:

Sortie 1. Takeoff from the Carrier in the Sortie 1 aircraft and report to Ops at Kobuleti Airbase. If you are shot down before you land at Kobuleti, you must respawn from the Carrier in the Sortie 1 aircraft.

Sortie 2. Get out of your planes at Kobuleti and use the Sortie 2 aircraft that are armed and waiting for you, to perform a ground strike. You must destroy both the assigned targets. If you need to rearm to do this, you can rearm at Kobuleti or Senaki-Kolkhi to continue. In singleplayer, don't forget to turn your wingman loose on the ground targets if you use all your bombs. Just hope he doesn't hit the wrong ones. If you are shot down before returning to land at Kobuleti, takeoff again from Kobuleti.

Sortie 3. After a successful strike, return to Kobuleti, change back into your original planes (Sortie 3 aircraft) and fly back to the carrier. If you are shot down before you can land on the Carrier, you have the choice of respawning from the Carrier or Kobuleti.

Voice overs:

* Eric 'Air' Hahn ... as the CAG

** Do Not use my voiceover files in any other missions created for DCS. It's not fair to the hard work of the actors and to the hours I have spent to coordinate with the actors and to produce these voice files.

Play-testing:

* Bud 'Bad Bud' Smith

mvokmc.png

bjhe1e.png

MISSION 2

Multiplayer 2 player filename: Su-33CarrierOps2Multi-2player.miz

Multiplayer 3 to 4 players filename: Su-33CarrierOps2Multi-3to4players.miz

Singleplayer filename: Su-33CarrierOps2-Single.miz

Friendly Airbases: Kobuleti, Senaki-Kolkhi (alternate)

Enemy Airbases: Kutaisi, Batumi

Briefing:

Gentlemen, welcome aboard. Yesterday one of our Cruisers was attacked by enemy aircraft and was forced to defend itself. All of

the attacking aircraft were shot down and none of the pilots were recovered. Tensions are now high in the region and the increased

radar contacts of late require us to be ever more vigilant. Be aware! There are commercial airline flights operating in this area. Be sure of your target before firing!

Combat Air Patrols over our Carrier Group and around our Land Bases will be flown several times a day to prevent or intercept any further attacks from the air, land or sea. Get a good night's sleep Gentlemen, you'll get your first assignment tomorrow morning.

Iceman and Hollywood are on patrol south of our airbase at Kobuleti. You are the standby "Alert Fighters". Get in your cockpits and wait for orders. Be ready to launch and perform whatever task is assigned to you.

Instructions:

* Start on the Carrier. The number one slot must be occupied, along with one other plane to start the mission.

* Stay with your wingman and follow your waypoints precisely to the first encounter to ensure that you to receive additional tasking and to progress through the mission to it's conclusion.

* Remain stealthy, do not use your radar until told to do so.

* Until you are told to land at Kobuleti, get another aircraft from the Carrier if you crash.

* Watch and listen for instructions given by voice and text.

* There are also planes located at Kobuleti in case you crash away from the Carrier. You may use them AFTER the first encounter.

* Watch your fuel state. Limit the use of afterburners.

Special instructions for the 3-4 multiplayer version:

* STAY TOGETHER until you reach the enemy. The First and Second to launch must circle the Carrier until the other(s) takeoff and form up.

Please report any bugs or problems here or critiques and criticisms, or ask a question if you are having trouble with any part of the mission. I also accept "Thank You's" and rep. The discussion here will determine how long I stick with this scenario before moving on to something else.

Enjoy! and if you had something interesting happen, tell us about it here or post a screenshot. Or if you absolutely hated something, I'd like to hear what that was too.

Voice overs:

* Eric 'Air' Hahn ............ as the CAG

* Riproren ................... as Rescue 505

* Chris 'Datek' Poulos .... as Rough Rider

Play-testing:

* Bud 'Bad Bud' Smith

2hnchsh.jpg

MISSION 3

Multiplayer 2 player filename: Su-33CarrierOps3MultiVer3.miz

Multiplayer 3 to 4 players filename: Su-33CarrierOps3MultiAlt.miz

Singleplayer filename: Su-33CarrierOps3SingleVer3.miz

Friendly Airbases: Kobuleti, Senaki-Kolkhi (alternate)

Enemy Airbases: Kutaisi

Briefing:

Gentlemen, this is Operation Blowout.... day one! Our mission is to disrupt the enemy's ability to produce oil. Today we are going to strike several offshore Oil Drilling Platforms in grid foxtrot golf three five. If we can destroy these oil rigs, we can effectively deny the enemy the fuel they need to wage war in this region.

During this operation, we'll be getting video from a recon drone circling high over the platforms and our radio operators here on the Carrier will update your flight with vital information to ensure that your mission is a success. Your planes are armed with four 1,000 pound bombs. Launch now! and hit those Oil Platforms!

Mission 3 Instructions:

* Start on the Carrier. In multiplayer missions, plane 1 must be on the Carrier deck with any one of the other planes to start the mission. Do not rearm, go with the provided loadout.

* After the in-cockpit briefing, all planes have 5 minutes to get 2.3 km away from the carrier. In the 3 to 4 player multiplayer version it's important for the first two aircraft that takeoff circle the carrier at this distance while waiting for the rest of the flight to launch. On returning to the carrier, if you bolter or go around, make sure your next approach takes at least 3 minutes before approaching the carrier again. These times are necessary to re-set the LSO speech routines.

* The Carriers LSO voice instructions are a work in progress. If you think you can save your landing after getting a "wave off" go ahead and try.

* Stay with your leader or wingman and follow your waypoints precisely to the first encounter to ensure that you to receive additional tasking and to progress through the mission to it's conclusion.

* Watch and listen for instructions given by voice and text.

* There are two planes located at Kobuleti in case you crash away from the Carrier. You may use them AFTER the first encounter.

* Watch your fuel state. Limit the use of afterburners.

Please report any bugs or problems here or critiques and criticisms, or ask a question if you are having trouble with any part of the mission. I also accept "Thank You's" and additions to my rep. The discussion here will determine how long I stick with this scenario before moving on to something else.

Enjoy! and if you had something interesting happen, tell us about it here or post a screenshot. Or if you absolutely hated something, I'd like to hear what that was too.

Voice overs:

* Eric 'Air' Hahn ........... as the CAG

* feefifofum ................ as Springfield flight

* Chris 'Datek' Poulos .... as Rough Rider

* Micah ...................... as the Drone pilot

* Ashley ..................... as the Carrier LSO

Play-testing:

* Bud 'Bad Bud' Smith

e0jqjb.jpg

Su-33CarrierOps1Multi.miz

Su-33CarrierOps1Single.miz

Su-33CarrierOps2Multi-2player.miz

Su-33CarrierOps2Multi-3to4players.miz

Su-33CarrierOps2-Single.miz

Su-33CarrierOps3MultiVer3.miz

Su-33CarrierOps3MultiAlt.miz

Su-33CarrierOps3SingleVer3.miz

Edited by Winston 60

CPU: i7 980x @ 4.2GHz RAM: 24gb Corsair Vengeance

MB: Gigabyte Sniper X58 w/onboard Soundblaster X-Fi

HD: SanDisk 480gb SSD OS: Win7 Pro 64bit

VIDEO CARD: EVGA GTX 980ti FTW

MONITOR: LG 34" Ultrawide 2560x1080

MP SERVER: ibuypower i7-4810MQ w/Win7 Home 64bit

GEAR: Saitek X-52 Pro; Combat Rudder Pedals; Throttle Quadrants. Thrustmaster MFD's, TrackIR 5 w/Pro Clip, Turtle Beach X-12 Headset

[sortie 2. Get out of your planes at Kobuleti and use the Sortie 2 aircraft that are armed and waiting for you, to perform a ground strike. You must destroy both the assigned targets. If you need to rearm to do this, you can rearm at Kobuleti or Senaki-Kolkhi to continue. In singleplayer, don't forget to turn your wingman loose on the ground targets if you use all your bombs. Just hope he doesn't hit the wrong ones. If you are shot down before returning to land at Kobuleti, takeoff again from Kobuleti]

How do you get out and into the Sortie 2 aircraft that are armed and waiting for you, to perform a ground strike? Same question for Sortie 3 (Sortie 3 aircraft) info.

BadBud

How do you get out and into the Sortie 2 aircraft that are armed and waiting for you, to perform a ground strike? Same question for Sortie 3 (Sortie 3 aircraft) info.

BadBud

Simply press ESC, then press "choose slot" and select the aircraft you want.

GEAR: Saitek X-52 Pro; Combat Rudder Pedals; Throttle Quadrants. Thrustmaster MFD's, TrackIR 5 w/Pro Clip, Turtle Beach X-12 Headset

Very well done, Enjoyed the mission and the voice-overs. Entertaining and Challenging. Almost like a save game being able to reload mission later and start from where you left off. Well thought out.

Nice to see someone showing one of the best birds out of FC3 some Love....

Cheers and Thanks.

Rotor57

My Rig; Intel i7 3770K @ 3.5_32GB RAM_GTX 1080 _X55 Rhino Throttle_TM_Warthog Flight Stick_TM Pedals_28" 4K Eyeball Bleeding Monitor::doh:

Take off is optional, landing is not::pilotfly:

FC3; CA; NTTR; P51; Spitfire; F86F; Mig15; F5; KA-50; AJS 37 Viggen; UH-1H; F18C; A10-C;M2000;AV8B-N/A;Christen Eagle;

Everyone,

I have updated the Su-27 and Su-33 skins to improve the compatibility with 1.5.5U1 and later, and I have also updated the installer to allow the choice between a compact install (shared texture folders) and a traditional install (all textures in individual liveries folders).

Here's the thing: for the traditional install, the installer puts the compact install into a temp folder, modifies the description.lua files, and then copies the files to the Liveries folder under Saved Games. At no time is the main DCS install in danger of being compromised, and the traditional installer doesn't delete any files in Saved Games. However, I would like to test the installer on a variety of configurations before making it fully public, so if you use the traditional install you are a beta tester. If you run into any issues at all please let me know ASAP; it is most likely an issue with the installer code that I can quickly correct.

EDIT 1/11/17: updated skins with the new installer are now up on ED's site. Dropbox links are removed.

Enjoy!

Edited by Home Fries
Updated links

That's great Home Fries. :thumbup:

It would certainly be better for people to install all the Su-33 skins at once using one of these two install methods. Then I can stop linking individual skin downloads and post the missions only and people would already have all the skins needed.

So people, please try Home Fries new installer and report here how it worked for you. Once the complete new volumes I and II are installed, you can then delete the four skin folders that I provided for the first mission and you'll be able to see any of these great skins while flying the missions in this series.

Hello

The Su-33CarrierOps1Single. Miz does not work! The SU-33 can not be started by the aircraft carrier. The jet engines are running, but the aircraft stops.

Challenger444

Yes, your right! Thanks for reporting that. In the single player mission something must have changed in version 1.5.5.60338.212 that 'sticks the aircraft to the deck of the carrier. The multiplayer mission is OK.

Simply load the mission into your mission builder and then just immediately save it. DO NOT make any other changes or the mission may no longer work. Or you can download again the new repaired single player mission that I just reposted.

Hello Winston 60

The Su-33CarrierOps1SingleVer2.miz does not work? Have these test methods also opened in the editor and saved, then started. Nothing happens, the engines run, but the aircraft does not move on the aircraft carrier!

The other two options work but good ...

Ask for help.:(

Challenger444

Yes, your right! Thanks for reporting that. In the single player mission something must have changed in version 1.5.5.60338.212 that 'sticks the aircraft to the deck of the carrier. The multiplayer mission is OK.

Simply load the mission into your mission builder and then just immediately save it. DO NOT make any other changes or the mission may no longer work. Or you can download again the new repaired single player mission that I just reposted.

Sorry, I can't get the single player version working since patch 1.5.5.60338.212

I'll have to withdraw the single player version version until I can figure out what's wrong or rebuild it completely.

After many hours of troubleshooting today, I've determined that the single player mission no longer works due to a new bug/problem with the F-5E-3. The multiplayer version works fine. Lets give ED time to sort out the problem here. If they can't fix it in the next patch, I'll substitute another plane type as the adversary and upload a repaired single player mission.

Full explanation of the bug/problem here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=179263

Edited by Winston 60

If anyone wants this fixed, I suggest you make a post in this topic:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=179263

I've provided two test missions to verify this bug. Please do the test yourself and make a comment. If there's no discussion or verification of the problem, ED may ignore this and therefore I'll have to end this campaign after just one mission as quite a few of the adversaries in the next missions are the F-5E-3.

Please help out and participate in the bug verification. Thank You.

This bug remains after patch 1.5.5.60503 Update 4 of Dec 23. Please visit post : https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=179263 and ask for this to be reported.

This bug was reproduced by BIGNEWEY today and has now been reported to ED. Thanks to all for helping out with this and here's hoping for a fix soon. :xmas:

Edited by Winston 60

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2999313&postcount=43

All should be right in the world again. :)

Thanks feefifofum. I've just uploaded the single player mission again to the first post. The multiplayer version should also work again as the "Group Dead" trigger was also repaired in today's patch 1.5.5.60565 Update 5.

I have a question re the Multiplayer version:

It seems to still only have one player slot in there. I ended up having to take the version and adding a second aircraft for each slot then changing it from bf109k-4 to SU33 in the actual mission file using a text editor. Was the MP version supposed to allow more than one player to fly at a time? Otherwise I cant see any difference from the regular version.

Fun mission BTW, the two of us had a good time with it.

I have a question re the Multiplayer version:

It seems to still only have one player slot in there. I ended up having to take the version and adding a second aircraft for each slot then changing it from bf109k-4 to SU33 in the actual mission file using a text editor. Was the MP version supposed to allow more than one player to fly at a time? Otherwise I cant see any difference from the regular version.

Fun mission BTW, the two of us had a good time with it.

Sure, there's two slots for two players, see the pics. Each player flies as a solo aircraft in a separate group, not a player with a wingman as in a single player mission.

If you modify the mission like you did by adding another plane as a wingman in any of the slots for someone to fly, the mission will not play out as designed and you will not hear all of the voice actors sound clips. Try again with the original mission, player 1 selects the #1 slots for each sortie, and player 2 selects the #2 slots.

I hope that makes sense?

Multi player

28a52bp.jpg

Single player

2ekr6yv.jpg

Edited by Winston 60

Ok thanks...that's how we did it w two players, was hoping to try three players. Thanks for all your effort. There is a scarcity of su 33 operations and campaigns. Our mp group are slowly getting checked out on carrier ops and we are having a good time.

Los

Starting with mission two I will offer a choice in multiplayer versions. One with slots for 2 players, and another with slots for 4 players. Look for mission two in Feb 2017.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, Home Fries' updated skin pack install will sure make this campaign a bit easier for me to build and upload. I'll no longer have to upload the individual skins.

Look for mission two sometime in Feb/Mar. I'm testing mission 6 in the A-10 "Steel Winter" series at the moment, then I can devote all my mission building time to this campaign.