Radar: TWS drops lock

ZHeN

What happens when pressing the fire trigger with PSID? Radar attempts to change PSIC and fire missile.

What happens if PSIC fails? Does missile fire anyway or is missile inhibited from firing? What should happen?

The missile shouldn’t launch without PSIC. Europe has quite a high density of population.

Launching a Fox 1 without proper guidance isn’t really an option.

Back to DCS it’s sometimes difficult to assess if:

- missile is launched without proper PSIC

- PSIC is broken shortly after launch (like ECM at range > burn through)

When in doubt, the best is to manually switch to PSIC instead of firing from PSID (with auto PSIC).

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By ECM you mean when the target enables ECM just after the shooter launched the 530?

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

What happens when pressing the fire trigger with PSID? Radar attempts to change PSIC and fire missile.

exactly

What happens if PSIC fails? Does missile fire anyway or is missile inhibited from firing? What should happen?

if PSIC fails, you get a warning on the hud 'NO PSIC' and if pressed fire before it, the missile will still go off the rail, regardless of radar not being in PSIC

and of course it wont track

but if you manage to gain PSIC lock after the launch and the target will be within the seeker's FOV, the missile might track

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Exactly, in the game, if you're in PID and press fire, and for some reasons the radar is unable to go PIC, the missile is launched. And often lose. Because of that I prefer to manually Go PIC.

I understand the logical of the real life launch rules but it is not how it works ingame.

Envoyé de mon SM-G930F en utilisant Tapatalk

Are you sure that none of these two is this bug?

"M-2000C radar has bugged NCTR system"

"Radar target selection bug"

I'm sure Razbam is aware of this bug after many months now already after the initial bug report.

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

"read up" where?

So what will it take to get these bugs to the bug tracker?

I guess a petition to Razbam, or a petition to ED concerning Razbam and their communication with the community. (or both petitions)

Edited by DanielNL

Daniel you don't use sectoral scan anyway, why would you even care ? lol

What makes you even believe that??? I use the most narrow beam mode almost 75-85% of the time that my radar is emitting... I even have it setup on my HOTAS (only the medium beam I have to click in cockpit, I don't use that one that often currently)

• 3 weeks later...

Is or ISN'T this bugtracker-bug this bug? "Radar Target Selection Bug" If nobody knows, can we please get an official Razbam statement on this?

Is or ISN'T this bugtracker-bug this bug? "Radar Target Selection Bug" If nobody knows, can we please get an official Razbam statement on this?

Good luck. Seems to me that this is something pretty serious, and them not commenting on it shows. Dont think it will be fixed, due to huge code rewrite, and from what I heard Razbaam only left one guy to maintain the m2000 as the rest of the company is moving forward. Pretty game breaking to me, considering its unplayable oil f you are losing lock.

"oil f" ?

And what's your source for it requiring a "huge code rewrite" ?

We as customers paid our hard-earned money for this module TO WORK in PvP, now if Razbam doesn't respond to this by mid january I'll make a petition and ask you guys to sign it. From there I have other steps under the sleeve to get Razbam to fix this over-6-months (afaik) persisting bug.

-edited-

Edited by DanielNL

Yep, maybe you didn't earn your M2000-spent money as hard as I did. But just this, I'm not gonna get tricked by Razbam another time (Mig-19, super tucano. Too much risk for bugs that make them super bad at PvP). (edited above post)

If you adopt this posture with every module that already have old bugs still not fixed you will find you cant fly anything under DCS.

Maybe is time to move to something else you and your money.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

If you adopt this posture with every module that already have old bugs still not fixed you will find you cant fly anything under DCS.

Maybe is time to move to something else you and your money.

No, I've spent the last 6 years with DCS PvP and I had too many epic combat moments (my YouTube channel shows it

and
) to now simply "abandon" this whole simulator. Btw we're also still waiting for many more PvP servers to finally make CA vehicles fully accessible (to finally drive vehicles in 1st person again and more often, Tor & Osa can be a beast).

Fine.

Good luck with your boycotts.

I don't think it'll even have to get that far, if Razbam sees the amount of (anonymous) signees on the TWS bug petition that probably will change their programming department fast enough.

You're doing petitions and other stuff for a 6 months old bug in a module that is still in development/not finished and yet, there are far older bugs around for finished modules and noone bats an eye.

Maybe you should calm down a bit and wait for the completion of the module. Or turn down your expectations.

No matter what you do, it won't change their way of developing things. If they want, they could also just run away with your money like someone else. Be happy that they even brought you the Mirage.