Stability without Tail Rotor?

komemiute

I managed, after arduous and rigorous testing, to break on purpose (eh-rm) the tail boom.

What surprised me was that the Hip was, albeit spinning quite strongly, incredibly stable.

I could handle altitude and general direction with little problem... is that really so?

• 7 months later...

A track would be useful.

--Maulkin

Windows 10 64-bit - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @ 3.7 GHz - 32 GB DDR4 3600MHz RAM - EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 - Asus Crosshair VIII Hero motherboard - Samsung EVO Pro 1 TB SSD - TrackIR 4 Pro - Thrustmaster Warthog - Saitek rudder pedals - Lilliput UM-80/C with TM Cougars

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello to everybody

Modest request: Mi-8 diverge at speed 250 km / h, the rotor pitch in degrees 11 to 12 When you pull the lever cyclic control for himself and helicopter nose starts to rise, torn off the back of the tail rotor balancing. I feel that there is a change in the strength of the module. Before that, the tail not keep. Is that right or wrong? The helicopter must withstand greater strength for sure. Previous versions did not do this.

Edited by simapajik

<White Tiger>

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The manual says that the maximum rotor pitch in degrees 12. When I can set the maximum rotor pitch of 12 degrees, why is torn tail.

In flight, the tail will break upon exceeding 3 Gs (indicated by the small gauge on top of the front panel). This is probably what happened when you pitched up.

DCS modules are built up to a spec, not down to a schedule.

In order to utilize a system to your advantage, you must know how it works.

In flight, the tail will break upon exceeding 3 Gs (indicated by the small gauge on top of the front panel). This is probably what happened when you pitched up.

Yes ... it looks like I have to keep an eye pointer accelerometer. Very good note. Thank you.. :thumbup:

<White Tiger>

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...

Tbh, I have broken MANY tail booms and often I manage to land the bird while spinng & spinning.

I have no idea if this was possible in RL, I actually doubt it.

Here's how I manage to do it.

1. LOOK at your VSI !!! stabilize it

2. fight the up/down oscillating and compensate as much as possible, it is possible

3. GENTLY set the bird to the ground with 1-2m/sec on your VSI

4. repair ;)

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X