TACAN Marker on HUD tape disappears when Course is entered

TomCatMucDe

Not so sure it is a bug , though . You get the same functionality by putting the course marker on the VV , at least using the INS , to say nothing of the difference between flying a course vs a bearing .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Not so sure it is a bug , though . You get the same functionality by putting the course marker on the VV , at least using the INS , to say nothing of the difference between flying a course vs a bearing .

No, that would work only when you are already in course and if the arrow is looking straight.

but what if you are not in course? let s say the tacan or waypoint is 80 decrees off, and the course is 170 degrees. placing the arrow in front of you and chasing it will give you the shortest way to intercept the course but will not give you where the tacan/ waypoint is.

Now, if you are still far away from the wpt/tacan, you want to first get closer before turning to intercept the course, having a marker would make sense.

If this is not a bug and it is real implementation (and it could be) then one should enter the course only when intend to intercept it immediately.

No, that would work only when you are already in course and if the arrow is looking straight.

but what if you are not in course? let s say the tacan or waypoint is 80 decrees off, and the course is 170 degrees. placing the arrow in front of you and chasing it will give you the shortest way to intercept the course but will not give you where the tacan/ waypoint is.

Now, if you are still far away from the wpt/tacan, you want to first get closer before turning to intercept the course, having a marker would make sense.

If this is not a bug and it is real implementation (and it could be) then one should enter the course only when intend to intercept it immediately.

You could be right . I generally use course as an extended runway centerline , and fly an offset heading until course interception . Thus it is possible that i misperceived the use of the courseline indicator as a waypoint steering cue . Thanks !

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Hi,

I hope there is no need for a track for this!

if you box TACAN you see the tick on the HUD tape normally. As soon as you enter a course for the TACAN the marker disappears.

I hope you can look at this if it is a bug. I believe there is no need for a Track.

Thanks!

I wondered the same back in june, it seems to work as intended in our Hornet version.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=211800

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings