NAVGRID and LANTIRN in MP while Flying Solo

bonesvf103

So I notcied while flying MP that if you have Jester as your RIO, you are not able to do strike missions since he has no LANTIRN ability and you can't jump in the RIO seat to work it yourself.

Also, I found that you can have him turn on NAVGRID but if you wanted to, say, change the range of the display or even HCU offset it, you can't, which makes it sort of unusable in MP.

Is there a workaround?

v6,

boNes

"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot

There is a workaround for the first problem: Use dumb bombs or JTAC/buddy-lasing. That way the Tomcat can still do strike misisons.

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

There is a workaround for the first problem: Use dumb bombs or JTAC/buddy-lasing. That way Tomcat can still do strike misisons.

Ah, yes, good point!

v6,

boNes

"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot

The only proper workaround I found is a human rio unfortunately.

Which isn't a workaround. It's how it should be. ;)

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Which isn't a workaround. It's how it should be. ;)
True... though I don't let everyone on my backseat. Actually only one guy an when he is not around jester has to fill in or I fly something else ;)

Maybe the future improvements to jester will close the gap between them. Though I always prefer my RIO

Gesendet von meinem SM-G960F mit Tapatalk