AI wingmen - Comm menu and other wingman commands

Notso

I'm running into a weird thing recently with the Viper that I never had a problem with in the Hornet or A-10.

Whenever I switch radios to the tanker or to AWACs, the wingman won't go over with me - on either UHF or VHF. If I send him commands such as change formation, etc while on those other freqs - no response. I have to go back to the original freq we took off on to get him to respond. I've even programmed the various agencies into the radio preset menu in the mission edit window and still no joy.

In addition, I've built several single player ME's with a Tanker track to go refuel on the way into or out of a target or engagement and the command to send the wingman to the tanker in the comm menu is not there. In both the flight or wingman "GO TO...." command menu, the option to "Go to the tanker" menu command is not there. But I never had an issue with that in the other modules. I simply cannot get the wingman to tank.

One final comm issue not related to AI wingman.... how do I change the radio using the preset channels?? I toggle over the preset channel, the rocker sw up or down to select the preset channel, hit enter after selecting something like CH 5 and it just flashes but never actually changes the radio freq. I have to manually punch in the numbers each time. It obviously user error, but it's driving me crazy!

System HW: i9-9900K @5ghz, MSI 11GB RTX-2080-Ti Trio, G-Skill 32GB RAM, Reverb HMD, Steam VR, TM Warthog Hotas Stick & Throttle, TM F/A-18 Stick grip add-on, TM TFRP pedals. SW: 2.5.6 OB

Regarding presets. If you want to switch to channel 2 you need to type 2 into the field where you would type the frequency and hit enter. Afaik cycling the presets only shows you what frequencies occupy each channel.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Amd Fx 8350 4.3 GHz - MSi Gtx 1060 6gb - 16gb DDR3

A-10C - AV8B - F-5E - Mig-21 - FC3 - CA - UH-1H - Black Shark - AJ3-37 - M-2000C - F-16C Viper - F-86F - Spitfire - Fw-190 - F/A-18C - F-14 - Normandy - NTTR - Persian Gulf

...In addition, I've built several single player ME's with a Tanker track to go refuel on the way into or out of a target or engagement and the command to send the wingman to the tanker in the comm menu is not there. In both the flight or wingman "GO TO...." command menu, the option to "Go to the tanker" menu command is not there. But I never had an issue with that in the other modules. I simply cannot get the wingman to tank...

Currently, the go to tanker command is not available in the F-16C stock comm file. You have to add it manually. I did that here at the link below:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=251477

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

...Whenever I switch radios to the tanker or to AWACs, the wingman won't go over with me - on either UHF or VHF. If I send him commands such as change formation, etc while on those other freqs - no response. I have to go back to the original freq we took off on to get him to respond. I've even programmed the various agencies into the radio preset menu in the mission edit window and still no joy...

When using realistic radio comms, you always have to be tuned into the correct frequency in order to communicate/hear wingmen or another flight.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

Currently, the go to tanker command is not available in the F-16C stock comm file. You have to add it manually. I did that here at the link below:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=251477

Thanks, I thought I was doing something wrong in setting the tankers up or something.

System HW: i9-9900K @5ghz, MSI 11GB RTX-2080-Ti Trio, G-Skill 32GB RAM, Reverb HMD, Steam VR, TM Warthog Hotas Stick & Throttle, TM F/A-18 Stick grip add-on, TM TFRP pedals. SW: 2.5.6 OB

When using realistic radio comms, you always have to be tuned into the correct frequency in order to communicate/hear wingmen or another flight.

Yep, I understand that. The issue is the Wingmen don't seem to follow ME when I go to a different freq.

Regarding presets. If you want to switch to channel 2 you need to type 2 into the field where you would type the frequency and hit enter. Afaik cycling the presets only shows you what frequencies occupy each channel.

yes, but after switching to a preset on the DED as you describe, back on the c&i page (dobber left) you can use dobber up/down to place those little up/down arrows next to your UHF or VHF indication, and then the rocker switch allows switching presets.