Upgrading RAM?

Hello folks,

after the actual release of Heatblurs F-14, is it useful or necessary to upgrade the amount of RAM from 32 GB to 64 GB?

How do you think of it when flying in VR? Does it matter?

Greetings,

Flummi

PC: Intel Core i7-12700K| Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4| 2x 32GB DDR4 Kingston Fury Beast (KF436C18BBAK2/64)| PowerColor RX 6800 XT Red Devil| 3x SSD-Drive (one for DCS only)| 3x HDD-Drive| Cougar Panzer Max| custom water cooling| Fedora Linux| Windows 11|

Gear: Meta Quest 3| Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS| MFG Crosswind v2| Leap motion controller|

I have the F-14 but likely won't get a chance to check it out till the weekend.

I would think you are fine with 32GB.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Hi, i have a new hibrid firecuda HD And helps to charge all stuff faster, 16gb ram should be fine, or an optane module should help too, on Linus Tech Tips has a vid regarding RAM speed and they said over 3000mhz shows no big diferences And prices goes really expensive.

I5 8600K  - MSI 3070 - 32Gb DDR4  - 1 TB NVME - 1TB SSD - :joystick: TM Warthog

FC3 - Mirage - Hawk (RIP) - F5E - L39 - F14B -A4E C- UH1H - AV8BNA - F16C - FA-18C - Ka50- Apache-A10CII - MB339

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

16GB's of RAM, and 32GB pagefile. No issues...

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Haven't checked the numbers but running a heavy VR rig in multiplayer and yeah, I noted the difference at 32Gig from 16. Out of all honest, I also noted a difference when I went to 4266Mhz Ram. Again, I haven't run the numbers but you can see the difference.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

I would guess you will not see much of gain in FPS, but you will see improvement in fluidity. No hiccups and stutters as there is no need to swap anymore with 32GB of RAM.

Do, or do not, there is no try.

--------------------------------------------------------

Sapphire Nitro+ Rx Vega 64, i7 4790K ... etc. etc.

Then if I should spend more money into my system, I should invest in a better graphics card like a Geforce 2080 or in future the new AMD Navi.

PC: Intel Core i7-12700K| Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4| 2x 32GB DDR4 Kingston Fury Beast (KF436C18BBAK2/64)| PowerColor RX 6800 XT Red Devil| 3x SSD-Drive (one for DCS only)| 3x HDD-Drive| Cougar Panzer Max| custom water cooling| Fedora Linux| Windows 11|

Gear: Meta Quest 3| Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS| MFG Crosswind v2| Leap motion controller|

Just keep in mind for Starforce DRM stuff changing RAM will cost demerit points towards your activation count. :music_whistling:

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

An activation will be required if the hardware/software changes exceed 12 points as rated below:

CPU ID: 13

Windows PID: 3

Computer Name: 3

Hard drive volume serial number: 3

MAC address: 6

RAM amount: 6

Attache ta tuque avec d'la broche.

computer name....that is silly, I mean really, a name ! I get the rest, but the name is too far off to replicate any misuse or theft or piracy.

ED, you can do better !

* actually, MAC address is silly too, I have 3 adapters in mine, so if I change the one in use..will it..or will it not...ahh.

Time to kick StarForce as far as we can see....NO, kick it further, further than I can see.

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Yes I swear at the model given that swapping out and in SSD's RAM and so forth for simply testing as I do often at least when everything goes over to user name that will be helpful.

I even think I got pinged when Windows did an upgrade a couple of days ago, you can tell when DCS starts up and it asks for you user name and password again,...

Edited by FragBum
<typo>

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

IMHO it's not just the amount of RAM that matters.

16GB of fast RAM, and a video card with at least 8GB onboard, appears to do the trick.

The DRM is slowly migrating to the new account based system. Can't happen fast enough.