DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone

Ciribob

I hate to be that guy, and clutter up the thread, but SRS has stopped working for me too.

I've tried to reinstall and delete the export.lua, added files and extra bit code for Viggen but I get no sound and overlay just says Unknown. What am I missing? Didnt have any problem before.

Happened to me too.

I then uninstalled tacview and srs, deleted the export lua, re-installed SRS.

After checking SRS working, re-installed tacview.

Worked for me.

• Like 1

Happened to me too.

I then uninstalled tacview and srs, deleted the export lua, re-installed SRS.

After checking SRS working, re-installed tacview.

Worked for me.

Thanks man. Yep that seemed to fix it for some reason.

+Rep, thanks.

"Hard to imagine bigger engine. its got a beautiful face and an arse built like sputnik." - Pikey AKA The Poet, on 37 Viggen.

I looked and didn't see this mentioned...since the last update, the srs pop up window for the fc3 aircraft doesn't stay in top with dcs. I have to constantly minimize to see and manipulate it. Is this just a bug that's going to be fixed or on purpose?

I9 9900k @ 5ghz water cooled, 32gb ram, GTX 2080ti, 1tb M.2, 2tb hdd, 1000 watt psu TrackIR 5, TM Warthog Stick and Throttle, CH Pedals

I looked and didn't see this mentioned...since the last update, the srs pop up window for the fc3 aircraft doesn't stay in top with dcs. I have to constantly minimize to see and manipulate it. Is this just a bug that's going to be fixed or on purpose?

The last update was November 2016 and there have been no updates since. Have you been seeing it since then?

There is nothing in the code to make the radio behave differently for appearing on top in fc3 Vs full fidelity, are you sure it only affects fc3?

Have a look in settings in the radio as there are two options you can mess with that might help, auto refocus of dcs and another which hides the taskbar icon or not.

One or both should solve it :)

Can't give exact name as still getting windows pc sorted, sorry!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

We have a small problem:

The communication between A-10C pilots and A-10C pilot works - also the communcation between GroundCommander to GroundCommander works perfekt.

But a communication between A-10C pilot and GroundCommander (and back) will not work.

Do you need any additional infos?

Playing: F-16C

Intel i7-13700KF, 64GB DDR5 @5600MHz, RTX 4080 ZOTAC Trinity, WIN 11 64Bit Prof.

Squadron "Serious Uglies" / Discord-Server: https://discord.gg/2WccwBh

Ghost0815

Check LOS and distance options. Try disable both.

But i don't see no freq. number flashing on the radio panel, when somebody (A-10C pilot or GCI) hold the PTT button. Did LOS and distance setup in the SR-server have any influence on this?

Playing: F-16C

Intel i7-13700KF, 64GB DDR5 @5600MHz, RTX 4080 ZOTAC Trinity, WIN 11 64Bit Prof.

Squadron "Serious Uglies" / Discord-Server: https://discord.gg/2WccwBh

Ghost0815

@Ciribob

Just installed the latest version and everything working ok. Tested on BS server. Thanks. :thumbup:

Немој ништа силом, узми већи чекић!

MSI Tomahawk MAX | Ryzen 7 3700x | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | RX 5700 XT OC Red Dragon 8GB | VPC Throttle CM3 + VPC Constellation ALPHA on VPC WarBRD Base | HP Reverb G2

Youtube Follow Me on TWITCH! 

Hi,

I have two questions:

1 - Every time I start SRS I have to select the Speaker Source from Realtek Digital Output to Headset. Can I default to the headset so that I do not have to do this every time?

2 - I've never got the SRS radio to work in the Viggen? Is it not implemented in that module yet?

Thanks!

@Ciribob

Just installed the latest version and everything working ok. Tested on BS server. Thanks.

Glad it's working :)

Hi,

I have two questions:

1 - Every time I start SRS I have to select the Speaker Source from Realtek Digital Output to Headset. Can I default to the headset so that I do not have to do this every time?

2 - I've never got the SRS radio to work in the Viggen? Is it not implemented in that module yet?

Thanks!

Going to try to release a test build tonight for the intermittent audio mixing issue, spitfire and viggen.

Thanks to all the contributors that have added the new aircraft and those that have helped out others with the radio and the support :)

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Ohh Ciribob ¡¡¡¡

Thanks. I´m going to test this build ASAP. The audio mix is one of the worst stoppers for this amazing piece of software.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Hi Ciribob.

Glad to see you're back in the game. Hopefully things are going well and will continue to do so.

Thanks! :) Not much time to work on the radio but things are much better now!

Ohh Ciribob ¡¡¡¡

Thanks. I´m going to test this build ASAP. The audio mix is one of the worst stoppers for this amazing piece of software.

Thanks! That would be appreciated. I've only made some minor changes on a hunch, not programmed in 4 months so baby steps... If this testing version makes no noticeable difference then I'll start on the rewrite of the networking and audio pipeline

Is there a way to disconnect users when not using SR on server ?

There is but it's something you'll have to program yourself using the DCS GameGUI Lua.

The radio exports a JSON file containing all currently connected clients and their name so the way I'd go about doing it is when someone tries to join a plane slot, you disallow them the slot until their name appears in the file. Might be worth PMing DEADBEEF as he did that as part of the Kaukaus Offensive campaign.

New TESTING Version - 1.2.9.3

.NET Version - PLEASE INSTALL THIS or it may not work: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=53345

Windows 7/8/10 N Users - PLEASE INSTALL THIS OR IT WILL NOT WORK - Adds the media codecs you need which are removed in the N Version - https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=48231

This is a minor testing release, and the server is backwards compatible with 1.2.9.2. Please let me know if you manage to reproduce the audio mixing issue with all clients and server running this version and send me a recording if you do! :)

Changelog

• Viggen Partially Implemented - Thanks to aemvee !
  • Spitfire Implemented - Thanks to Tarres!
  • Minor changes for Audio Mixing

Again, thanks to you all for your patience and support. Hopefully now things are back on track and I can start to do some proper work on it too. :thumbup:

DOWNLOAD THIS TESTING RELEASE: https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone/releases/tag/1.2.9.3

Download the Full Release (not testing):https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone/releases/latest

• Like 1

Hi! I'm new with SRS, so pls advise. If I fly a module with modelled radio I have no need to bind hotkeys in SRS interface. SRS activates with in-module keyboard sequences.

And SRS hotkeys are used only in FC3 aircrafts.

Am I right?

Thanks.

=WRAG=345

R7 5800X @ 4,8 GHz; DDR4 32Gb RAM (+32Gb swap); Radeon RX 6800 16Gb; 3840x2160; Win10-64

Hi! I'm new with SRS, so pls advise. If I fly a module with modelled radio I have no need to bind hotkeys in SRS interface. SRS activates with in-module keyboard sequences.

And SRS hotkeys are used only in FC3 aircrafts.

Am I right?

Thanks.

It depends on the aircraft as some have the PTT as an actual button in the aircraft and others not.

Check this sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tzd996zJ1t0heZ-t1PpL7vNUIZbXl7pI6De0GThN1Qw/edit?usp=sharing

If you go all the way to the right it lists if the in cockpit PTT is working or not. If not you just bind a hotkey. The bound hotkey will also work for aircraft with a PTT or not :)

Hi Ciribob, thank you for your awesome software.

In this new testing release, is the intermodulation distortion bug been dealt of?

Possibly... I've never been able to reproduce it though across 3 machines on different connections so please test and let me know.

If not, i've got one more small tweak to try!

New TESTING Version - 1.2.9.4

.NET Version - PLEASE INSTALL THIS or it may not work: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=53345

Windows 7/8/10 N Users - PLEASE INSTALL THIS OR IT WILL NOT WORK - Adds the media codecs you need which are removed in the N Version - https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=48231

Thanks for the quick testing and feedback guys! I've tried something a little drastic with this one so if you can compare to the other testing release 1.2.9.3 and see which is better. You can have mixed testing clients & testing server but ideally keep them all the same version for a better test.

Thanks again!! :)

Changelog

• Minor changes for Audio Mixing - If you can compare to other testing version 1.2.9.3 & see which is better
  • Viggen Partially Implemented - Thanks to aemvee !
  • Spitfire Implemented - Thanks to Tarres!

DOWNLOAD THIS TESTING RELEASE: https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone/releases/tag/1.2.9.4

Download the Full Release (not testing):https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone/releases/latest

Ok Ciribob, test completed.

Three mates doing the test.

1.2.9.3:

Two of us in FM 30. One of us in UHF 251.00. I was speaking all the time in FM 30 while my mate was speaking at the same time on UFH 251.

Results: I was able to hear my mate on 251.000 while i was speaking at the same time on FM 30 CRISTAL CLEAR, but my mate listening in 30 FM to me was listening also my other friend in 251.000 WITH SOME NOISE AND SOME DISTORSION, but not tu much.

Both of them declared that is perfectly understable and even with this noise and distorsion, its less noticeable and tolerable. Also they said being able to hear cristal clear another pilot from another radio while speaking at the same time is a great advance.

Only the one who is listening without speaking is hearing a little noise and distorsion.

1.2.9.4:

Exactly the same results. MAYBE a little less noise and distorsion in the same situation.

Good test overall, and a great step forward, thanks Ciribob.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Ok Ciribob, test completed.

Three mates doing the test.

1.2.9.3:

Two of us in FM 30. One of us in UHF 251.00. I was speaking all the time in FM 30 while my mate was speaking at the same time on UFH 251.

Results: I was able to hear my mate on 251.000 while i was speaking at the same time on FM 30 CRISTAL CLEAR, but my mate listening in 30 FM to me was listening also my other friend in 251.000 WITH SOME NOISE AND SOME DISTORSION, but not tu much.

Both of them declared that is perfectly understable and even with this noise and distorsion, its less noticeable and tolerable. Also they said being able to hear cristal clear another pilot from another radio while speaking at the same time is a great advance.

Only the one who is listening without speaking is hearing a little noise and distorsion.

1.2.9.4:

Exactly the same results. MAYBE a little less noise and distorsion in the same situation.

Good test overall, and a great step forward, thanks Ciribob.

Thank you very much for the detailed test! :)

I think there will always be noise when mixing due to the radio effect being applied before mixing and the purposefully low quality audio at 16k.

However, i will try in a week or so to try input audio at 24k and only apply the radio voice effect ( high and low pass filter) after the incoming transmissions have been mixed, not before.

Now i know this has made a difference for you guys too I'm 99% what's causing it.

Would​ you say a noticeable improvement over the old release version? Worth releasing 1.2.9.4 in this current state?

Thanks again for helping and to Coug4r who also helped out. :)

If others want to still help and give feedback or recordings feel free

Its a step forward. My mates are quite happy and IMHO much better than the current versión. Plus the Viggen and the Spitfire support i think 1.2.9.4 could be a solid release candidate.

There are still room for improvement of course, the ideal situation would be to hear other radios with the same clarity as the one you are using at the same time and only setting different volumes as a meassure for not be bothered while other radios are transmiting.

Great work as always Ciribob.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]