I stay connected to the server

the panel correctly displays the frequencies 10 Seconds,

then everything goes back to zero

the installation procedure has been followed

disabling the firewall and antivirus changes nothing

an idea of the solution will be welcome

see my log file attached

I change the IP address of my server

(MainWindow Received AutoConnect xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx)

cordially

http://www.veaf.org/

https://www.facebook.com/veairforce/

clientlog.txt

Is there a way to transmit on say a VHF and UHF at the same time? This would be great for ATC type ops.

Hold down both push to talk buttons or mapping both radios to the same PTT key.

That actually won't work unfortunately - It'll only actually transmit on one of them or randomly on one of the ones you have selected so people will just hear a crazy stutter. Adding multiple transmissions simultaneously is actually quite tricky but i'll add to the list :)

Yes it is working fine. Actually I would like to change my request slightly and say that I want it to auto-connect when joining the DCS server and auto-disconnect when leaving the server. It would then be easy for any server operator to set up SRS and have connecting clients joining in on the Radio fun!!! :)

Thats a good idea - I'll add to the list :)

Hi Ciribob,

did you manage to test out your fixes ?

This has really added another level to our flying and immersion factor, especially mixed helo flights.

Thanks once again:)

I've got a version working but I've going to try to solve the stutter issue again before releasing. If I haven't managed to by late Sunday I'll do a bug fix release anyway.

Hello Ciribob,

I encounter a problem with DCS-SimpleRadio

I stay connected to the server

the panel correctly displays the frequencies 10 Seconds,

then everything goes back to zero

the installation procedure has been followed

disabling the firewall and antivirus changes nothing

an idea of the solution will be welcome

see my log file attached

I change the IP address of my server

(MainWindow Received AutoConnect xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx)

cordially

Nothing obvious in the logs. Could you post your Export.lua please?

• Like 1

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

New Release Version - 1.2.3.0

Changelog

• Re-sampler is now enforced - Maximum compatibility
  • Fixed Intercom working between aircraft...
  • Removed Radio effects option - always on
  • Added Option to Enable Auto Connect Confirmation - By default it'll now just connect silently
  • Fix for receiving on multiple Radios Causing stutter
  • Tuned audio pipeline to reduce latency a bit more
  • Server is now multi threaded to better support 60+ clients
  • Removed Taskbar icon for Overlay - It was causing the taskbar to persist over DCS even if DCS was in the foreground

This release again fundamentally changed how audio is taken from the microphone and also sent to the speakers so please let me know if you have odd behaviour!

The release also has a protocol change so you won't be able to hear people on a different version to you or use a server running an older version.

Microphone Sampling is now done every 40ms consistently and the Speaker buffer should also read consistently at 40ms ticks. This means the stutter for multiple transmissions being received at once should be fixed as well as further improved latency.

If this has finally fixed it (it may instead have broken 99% of other peoples SRS...) then I can finally work on the AWACS panel giving 8 radios which again should hopefully be able to receive concurrently without stutter or high latency.

Other minor change is Radio effects are always on and the Auto Connect confirmation is off by default.

As always - Please let me know if you have issues so I can help solve them! :)

DOWNLOAD HERE - Unzip all files and Run the Installer: https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone/releases/latest

Wiki - Manual + Help

Thanks to Nossarian, there is now a Wiki here which will eventually be a central place for all documentation. Big thank you for the help! :)

https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone/wiki

Auto Connect Feature - Server Owners ONLY - Clients don't need this file!

To enable SRS clients to be prompted automatically to connect just add the DCS-SRS-AutoConnectGameGUI.lua to the appropriate DCS Saved Games folder e.g. DCS.openbeta/Scripts, DCS.openalpha/Scripts or jut DCS/Scripts

Edit the line below to your server address where SRS server is running. Port is optional. DCS must be restarted on the server for this file and any changes to take effect.

-- CHANGE FROM
SRSAuto.SERVER_SRS_HOST = "127.0.0.1" -- Port optional e.g. "127.0.0.1:5002"

--TO
SRSAuto.SERVER_SRS_HOST = "5.189.162.17:5002" -- BuddySpike One
-- OR
SRSAuto.SERVER_SRS_HOST = " 37.59.10.136" -- TAW One (port optional)

And thats it.

If a client isn't connected and has SRS running they'll be prompted to connect automatically. You'll also see the message posted in the chat listing the address when slots change or a client connects.

Finally - I need your help!

If you'd like to help with this project, please help me fill in this sheet of radio info! It'll also help correct any mistakes I've made with the Radios.

LINK: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tzd996zJ1t0heZ-t1PpL7vNUIZbXl7pI6De0GThN1Qw/edit#gid=1869108790

Edited by Ciribob

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Cirirbob the work you do on this why cant you make a little dollar out of it?

I'd rather not actually. Its a labour of love and donations (or even payment) bring expectations that I might not be able to meet. Glad you think its worth paying for! :D

SRS will always be free and open source, otherwise it gives another barrier to entry that'll stop others using it :)

If anyone does want to show their appreciation in a different way, feel free to edit the Wiki on GitHub (PM your GitHub account Name) as I'd really like to have a section per aircraft showing where all the radios are, some information about them as well as any quirks or things you need to do to get them working.

TAW have 2 events tonight and will wait with the updating until tomorrow!

No worries - If you hear stuttering, hopefully this update will fix it :)

Hi,

here is my export.lua file

cordially

Skywalker_42

Hmm all looks fine. Would you mind trying against this one once you've updated to 1.2.3.0 ?

5.189.162.17:5010

let me know if you still get randomly disconnected.

I'd rather not actually. Its a labour of love and donations (or even payment) bring expectations that I might not be able to meet. Glad you think its worth paying for! :D

SRS will always be free and open source, otherwise it gives another barrier to entry that'll stop others using it :)

If anyone does want to show their appreciation in a different way, feel free to edit the Wiki on GitHub (PM your GitHub account Name) as I'd really like to have a section per aircraft showing where all the radios are, some information about them as well as any quirks or things you need to do to get them working.

No worries - If you hear stuttering, hopefully this update will fix it :)

Hmm all looks fine. Would you mind trying against this one once you've updated to 1.2.3.0 ?

5.189.162.17:5010

let me know if you still get randomly disconnected.

Donations is a better way of putting it i apologise :thumbup:

Donations is a better way of putting it i apologise :thumbup:

Not necessary - I understand! :)

229th updated to 1.2.3.0

Had 3 Gazelles up with no problems RE intercom. Works flawlessly thanks

Great! Thanks for the confirmation :)

TAW also did a hasty update just up front of the events. Mostly worked fine, some small plunder on Admin mode etc... I think all got it working in the end. :thumbup: All our servers are now running SRS radio server and you connect automatically when joining a slot on the server. SRS Client needs to be started, that's all.

Great update Ciribob! :thumbup:

All our servers are now running SRS radio server and you connect automatically when joining a slot on the server. SRS Client needs to be started, that's all.

HiJack,

"Connect Automatically"? Is this what the script from page 1 does or is it a different script that connects clients automatically?

Sierra

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

HiJack,

"Connect Automatically"? Is this what the script from page 1 does or is it a different script that connects clients automatically?

Sierra

Auto connect is described in last update post by Ciribob.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2898075&postcount=703

The file is in the download, you only need to edit the IP address to your SRS Server or the SRS server you prefer your users should use.

Auto connect is described in last update post by Ciribob.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2898075&postcount=703

The file is in the download, you only need to edit the IP address to your SRS Server or the SRS server you prefer your users should use.

Ok soooooo its Two questions...

First, I want to put my external IP right? The IP people currently use to connect to SRS. SRS Server is on a separate computer on same network as the computer I fly on.

Second, Does it matter if I host a Server AND FLY on same machine? In either case I m not auto connecting. Attached is the .lua I am using.

Sierra

DCS-SRS-AutoConnectGameGUI.lua

Edited by Sierra99

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

How does one select an airport to perform an ATC role or an AWACS to perform Air-to-air controlling in Simpleradio Standalone?

I watched the video but can't see how this is handled. For a JTAC, once he/she hops into a vehicle, it's location is known so that's not all that different from an aircraft.

For a tactical commander or a LOTATC user, how is this handled?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commodore 64 | MOS6510 | VIC-II | SID6581 | DD 1541 | KCS Power Cartridge | 64Kb | 32Kb external | Arcade Turbo

Ok soooooo its Two questions...

First, I want to put my external IP right? The IP people currently use to connect to SRS. SRS Server is on a separate computer on same network as the computer I fly on.

Second, Does it matter if I host a Server AND FLY on same machine? In either case I m not auto connecting. Attached is the .lua I am using.

Sierra

Yup external IP - That file looks exactly right.

If you're hosting and playing from the same machine in the same DCS (i.e you've not launched two DCSes somehow) then the auto connect won't work for you but it will for every client.

If there are two DCSes running on the same machine and you enter as a client (not the host) it will connect OK.

No issues with doing either - SimpleRadio should work fine :)

How does one select an airport to perform an ATC role or an AWACS to perform Air-to-air controlling in Simpleradio Standalone?

I watched the video but can't see how this is handled. For a JTAC, once he/she hops into a vehicle, it's location is known so that's not all that different from an aircraft.

For a tactical commander or a LOTATC user, how is this handled?

Currently for JTAC / AWACS there is no position exported from DCS or no way to specify the airport you'd like to transmit from so your transmissions will always be heard as there is no Line of Sight or Distance Limitations ( because position is unknown). LOTATC is not yet supported but give me time and I'll get there on both features :)

Edited by Ciribob

A question. What parameters must be set in the advanced settings of the game server?

Thank you!!

You just need to allow player export :)

I have following problem:

If I select the in- and output of my Yamaha AG03 as SRS input and output heavy latency problems start to appear.

If I use preview audio there is for once a constant rate stutter/crackle.

Secondly the latency between audio input and output grows fast to multiple seconds and finally the SRS client crashes.

If I used audio preview in previous releases the constant rate stutter/crackle wasnt as bad but the increasing latency over time resulting in SRS crash was there as well.

In usage the constant stutter/crackle pretty much makes it unusable. I have a el cheapo USB PnP, which I use as input and output if I use SRS. And to be clear, I really love SRS, love what it brings. But entirely rerouting my audio setup including a big downgrade each time i want to use SRS is kind of a bummer.

I would blame the device driver, but the device works flawlessly with every other software.

I checked the DPC latencies as well, they are fine.

If you need anything in terms of additional info etc. I am happy to provide everything I can. Should also be able to record the sound for you if that helps.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

*unexpected flight behaviour* Oh shiii*** ! What ? Why ? What is happening ?

If I select the in- and output of my Yamaha AG03 as SRS input and output heavy latency problems start to appear.

Secondly the latency between audio input and output grows fast to multiple seconds and finally the SRS client crashes.

If I used audio preview in previous releases the constant rate stutter/crackle wasnt as bad but the increasing latency over time resulting in SRS crash was there as well.

In usage the constant stutter/crackle pretty much makes it unusable. I have a el cheapo USB PnP, which I use as input and output if I use SRS. And to be clear, I really love SRS, love what it brings. But entirely rerouting my audio setup including a big downgrade each time i want to use SRS is kind of a bummer.

I would blame the device driver, but the device works flawlessly with every other software.

If you need anything in terms of additional info etc. I am happy to provide everything I can. Should also be able to record the sound for you if that helps.

I had a similar problem before in the previous version, what solved it for me was enabling two services that I had previously disabled: UPNP or SSDP. However when the new version came out my problem came back. Just like you, none of my other software were effected except for SRS. I solved it by going to my router and modem (they are separate devices for me) and enabling QoS (quality of service) then increasing i think it was called upstream bandwidth or something like that from 4 Mbps to 5Mbps, then I ran the setup wizards on both devices and my stuttering went away. I am not sure which one of these steps actually solved the problem as I was trying everything possible to solve it, but after that everything works fine now. Hope it helps.

• Like 1

I had a similar problem before in the previous version, what solved it for me was enabling two services that I had previously disabled: UPNP or SSDP. However when the new version came out my problem came back. Just like you, none of my other software were effected except for SRS. I solved it by going to my router and modem (they are separate devices for me) and enabling QoS (quality of service) then increasing i think it was called upstream bandwidth or something like that from 4 Mbps to 5Mbps, then I ran the setup wizards on both devices and my stuttering went away. I am not sure which one of these steps actually solved the problem as I was trying everything possible to solve it, but after that everything works fine now. Hope it helps.

Naah, my problem is 0 network related, preview audio just bounces it internally at best and with a different audio interface there is 0 problems. So its the way SRS accesses the device I guess.

But thanks for the effort ! :))

Edited by microvax
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

*unexpected flight behaviour* Oh shiii*** ! What ? Why ? What is happening ?

Sorry for the slow reply. It's been a busy week so i've not had any time to work on the radio or write a proper response. Thanks for the detailed report!!!

What you're hearing is a driver / hardware issue and its the sound of a buffer overrun or underrun. Likely an overrun as it crashes after a few seconds.

The reason why will take time so bear with :)

There are 3 main Audio Interfaces for Windows:

• Direct Sound
  • Windows Audio Session
  • ASIO

ASIO - I can't easily use ASIO for SRS as it requires either a special driver for your hardware or a generic driver for unsupported hardware. The advantage is its low latency but there are limits on how many programs can use it so I wont use it.

Windows Audio Session - Added in vista as the "new and better" audio API. Unfortunately its not better, as you can't control the sample rate as windows just assigns one based on what other programs are using the sound card.

Direct Sound - The old sound API - can actually be low latency (now I understand it better) and the default used by TeamSpeak as well as the interface that SRS uses so its not the way I access the sound card :)

That brings me to the second point, sample rate. Internally SRS uses a Sample Rate of 16,000 Hz (16 bit - 1 Channel) and outputs at 44,100Hz (2 Channel - 16 bit). It also uses a buffer size on both input and output that means that audio should be read in from the mic and out to the soundcard at 40ms. The input and output rate must be constant otherwise dealing with packet loss and jitter (differing delivery times for packets) becomes a nightmare.

Normally this is crazy as software wants to input and output audio at the highest possibly quality, not artificially limit it. Radios obviously dont have great quality and as such I do want a lower sample rate. There's also no point bandwidth wise at sending such high quality audio as it will be filtered and effectively down sampled anyway.

Because I use Opus encoding to compress the audio, I have to use a few set in stone sample rates. Reading at 16,000 Hz is great as I can chuck it straight into opus and keep latency low as well as having a good balance of quality that's easy to apply effects too.

The stutter you hear is actually because your Hardware is too good and for whatever reason is throwing a hissy fit and either not giving out audio at the correct tick rate of 40ms OR not reading audio at 40ms OR both. It may even not be sampling at the rate I'm asking for. This is proved by it working on the el cheapo headset which'll happily sample at a lower rate then you would normally which shows its not something else on the PC causing the issue.

TLDR - MAKE IT WORK FOR ME!

This isn't an easy problem to solve for me as I don't have any other hardware to test on other than a USB headset and a Realtek inbuilt soundcard - which works fine for me and for most as well I reckon or there would hopefully be more people reporting problems.

The obvious thing to try is upping the sample rate, but internally I'll have to down sample to 16,000 before compressing the audio.

What I'll try is a version that samples at 32,000 and 48,000 as its easier to downsample for testing to 16,000 and post a version her for you to try. Won't be for a few days at least

I assume the reason why TeamSpeak works is it samples at a higher rate and / or has a way of determining working buffer sizes for your hardware (maybe even at 20ms instead of the 40ms I use). They also have a team of programmers and I am but one... :P

This ending up longer then I thought... sorry!

Thanks again for posting the issue, and if anyone else has issues, always post otherwise I can't fix it and its likely that its not only you experiencing it :)

Edited by Ciribob

Hi Ciribob,

You've helped one of our guys with this problem but I can't find the answer on how to fix it. The client would close out as soon as he clicks on connect. You told him to turn off or deselect the "re-sampler" option. He says it's on the settings page but I don't see anything on the settings page that refers to that. Can you help me out here?

Nvidia GTX-1080

Intel i7-4820K 3.7 Ghz

ASUS ROG Rampage IV Extreme MB

32 GB Memory

Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]