Naval Operations Wish List

Wags

How about being able to land on the boat without sliding off of it? That'd be a great start.

Hopefully this is a must on ED's list as part of updates released prior to the Hornet. The current lack of stability on the boat is unacceptable for an aircraft so dependent on naval operations.

Edited by boomerang10

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the F-18 and WW2 coming along we now have the potential of fighting over large bodies of water as well as naval warfare. So i began to wonder what role surface to surface radar plays in DCS and whether or not they will simulate the radar horizon. that would help simulate long range low flying anti-ship missiles that exploit the radar horizon, ships beyond horizon, low flying aircraft, etc.

Will the CVN only get the upgrade? the rest of the ships in the carrier group need a touch-up as well especially if we'll be seeing them in action in the Straight of Hormuz protecting you and your carrier.

being able to control the deck would be cool too. multiplayer enabled carrier with players starting in the hanger and lifts queued up to launch. yaa no spawn fragging.

being able to scramble diff types of AI aircraft in a Fleet Command manor for dynamic missions.

Edited by Krunkskimo

I'm hoping ED will do what Silver Dragon just posted.I'd like to see something similar to Combined Arms that uses the seas and oceans instead.It'll be just like the game Battleship.:DJokingly aside,i think naval warfare would be interesting in DCS.I hope if we do get to have battleships,destroyers & subs.I would like to see ASW aircraft and helos like the P-2 Neptune,P-3 Orion,SH-3 Sea King.But i would absolutely love to fly the S-3 Viking the most.:thumbup::joystick::pilotfly:

• 2 months later...

Naval Ambient not enter into plans? a retrospective…

Three years have passed since the release of DCS: World and Combined Arms, and it seems that the naval environment continues to be subdued in the saga. While two years ago, Wags put a wish list referring to the naval environment, this seems to have been a mere footnote page, no sign of any news or developments in future releases. I do not stand here "plans" on aircraft carrier operations that may come in future module F / A-18C, or any IA unit may come with the Strait of Hormuz theater, which, being only a plan, have not been confirmed (everything is subject to change).

I will not start another review about what the address of DCS: W (not my intention), I simply put on the table some shortcomings in my opinion, is missing an important part of the spectrum of the current war are limiting Combined Arms both as DCS: World itself. It also included a part of the community combat simulation that within the limitations of DCS: W, has no representation.

-The lack of "pilot-able" naval units within Combined Arms or in the future, DCS: World. Call it self explainable, currently we have no way by which we can´t add one pilot-able naval unit DCS: W, even through combined arm(although you can give Pseudo-orders through the interface of the commander).

I think that seeing the current limitation of CA, he might have made a kind of technology transfer between vehicles and airplanes to ships, even if it lacked the entire spectrum of physics, technology, systems and corresponding sensors. CA has two years with very slow but steady progress of improvement on the land envirotment, while including the ability to create MODs vehicle, some as created by the community and compatible with CA.

In my point of view, we have a unit that would have easily served for these tests, and the motorboat. This could easily have behaved like a tank, but sailing on the sea. Any attempt to fly a naval unit currently using CA, present or via MOD results in the message "Invalid drive type". Also, if a vehicle tried to behave like a ship, this just sinking.

-Any news on improvements naval environment. Another big unknown, many fans of this environment, we know that it will require a great update to have any news concerning this (perhaps DCS: W 2.5 / 3.0, etc.), but leaves one somewhat frustrated certain capabilities are not currently present, and by the news we know, the next will allow neither.

Lack of physical sea environment is one of the greatest shortcomings, is currently not affected by time or by the shape of the coast, affecting the operation of naval units and these behave realistically. Nor we have the underwater environment. essential for certain types of submarines and naval weapons, and as a new IA and capabilities currently available in any naval unit DCS: World and that in reality is common, lease anti-aircraft artillery, anti-surface and antisubmarine weapons, electronic countermeasures, decoys, chaff and flares and of course, landing operations capabilities to give some simple examples.

Like other issues, the fans of this naval only have the pain of being the "ugly duckling", and having to wait until it happens. We'll see what see ahead in a far far future

PD: By a frustrate Modder.

Personally, I think that if you bought DCS hoping it would become a naval combat simulator, then you made a mistake.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

• ED Team
Personally, I think that if you bought DCS hoping it would become a naval combat simulator, then you made a mistake.

I mostly agree, but I dont think everything SD listed is unreasonable to want to see within the idea of DCS World right now, although I think a lot of it would be a reasonably large undertaking and could explain why we havent see it so far.

Honestly though, I dont need to ability to 'drive' a battleship, but a patrol boat or something might be nice.

Anyways, I think the most probable answer right now is they are more focused on the ground game right now, CA is getting a lot of love, maybe one they refine the ground units more, then maybe we can see some naval love.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

There is something to be said for a more functional marine environment with ASW, mine-clearing, amphibious operations from L-class ships, etc. At the moment the water is more or less nothing more than a decorative part of the map that has no real function or effect. I am hopeful for the future, as we move into DCS2 and beyond that the marine environment will mature along with the land.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1480510&postcount=1

DCS stands for “Digital Combat Simulator”. DCS is a world simulation engine permitting the user to operate or direct a growing number of combat and civilian aircraft, ground vehicles and ships, from different historical eras, in different geographical locations and at different levels of fidelity

If this is not real, as you say, then it is better not to waste more time chasing impossible dreams.

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to Sim the P3 Orion - Dangerous Waters style but in DCS. With Multi Crew and MAD and Sonobuoys etc. then this could be good.

What would your Ship do? It would probably have to be a Air Warfare Destroyer protecting your Carrier Group - so perhaps the best step is to model the Radar and Weapons and not actually driving the boat which would just follow the Bottlegroup as per the mission plan and AI?

• 2 weeks later...

Now that a complex F-14 A/B + F-18C are on the way......dont you think its time to start developing a complex fully controlable Carrier in ALL its envelope ???

Any team interested ?

Rgds.

I'd love to have ships prioritize incoming threats/AShm's in order of danger presented to engage those closest with a higher degree of effort than those further away.

Also, the SM-2 on the Ticonderoga shouldnt use the exact same stats in terms of Engagement time/Reload time as that of the Oliver Hazard Perry, to the best of my knowledge. Plus, the Aegis system is only modeled with two-targeting channels rather than the six it should have :(

+1 man, spot on. I hate seeing 3 ships guarding a carrier ingame as they all volley SM-2's at the same KH-22.

My personal wish though would be to see an early Arleigh burke class destroyer. I think down the road we'll have some updated CVN ops. Just would be more immersion. I'm not saying going full fledged on a model and it needs to be done ASAP or anything. But hey, it would be nice to eventually see one down the road. They're just such a huge part of a CVN group now.

DCS Naval?

Hey Guys,

Have you ever think about making some naval/sub module? Dangerous Waters is a bit old and could use some refreshing :)

It would be awesome to "drive" fully detailed Arleigh Burke and hunt some Akulas... or oposite :)

Not mentioning droping sounboys from Seahawk...

Consider it :thumbup:

better carrier textures. they look very bad and abandoned

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there

I would love it if the following could be included in an update/new version of the sim.

1) Implemented and accurate carrier wire trap modelling - where the correct trapped wire pulls behind the aircraft.

2) Stats or broadcast indication of which wire has been caught. Great for improving your landing skills (plus, as in real life, adding to your status as top aviator ).

Thanks,

Sender

• 1 month later...

Difficult Carrier OPs

Real World, Night time, Pitching deck, Rough Seas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4HTXBTkcpg

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

:shocking: holy cow! that made me cringe just watching. it definitely makes me want to try it in DCS now! :P

Link to my Imgur screenshots and motto

http://imgur.com/a/Gt7dF

One day in DCS... Vipers will fly along side Tomcats... Bugs with Superbugs, Tiffy's with Tornado's, Fulcrums with Flankers and Mirage with Rafales...

:)The Future of DCS is a bright one:)

I made some practices on carriers and these guys form the video just rock.

Intel Core i5-8600k + Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Gigabyte GTX 1070 Aorus 8G | 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengance LPX Black 3200MHz | Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 | WD Black SN750 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Green 240GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA 3 | WD Caviar Blue 500GB SATA 3 | EVGA 650 GQ 80+ Gold | Samsung CF391 Curved 32" | Corsair 400C | Steelseries Arctis 5 --- Razer Kraken X Lite | Logitech G305 | Redragon Dyaus 2 K509 | Xbox 360 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Thrustmaster TWCS | TrackIR 5

thanks for sharing this, very nice to see!

embedded video:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"There's nothing to be gained by second guessing yourself.

You can't remake the past, so look ahead... or risk being left behind."

Noli Timere Messorem

"No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always been there first, and is waiting for it."

Terry Pratchett