Naval Operations Wish List

Wags

Correct simulation of flight dynamics with the dynamics of the movement of ships, until this fix anything that may be requested.

Avoid falling down the helicopters flight decks, avoid airplanes appear 5 meters above the flight deck, etc ...

Naval aircraft projects are conditioned until this is resolved, like advanced flight models .....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Correcta simulación de la dinamica de vuelo con la dinamica del movimiento de los barcos, hasta que no arregle esto nada de lo que se solicite será posible.

Evitar que los helicópteros caigan por las cubiertas de vuelo, evitar que los aviones aparezcan 5 metros sobre las cubiertas de vuelo, etc...

Los proyectos de aviones navales están condicionados hasta que esto se solucione, al igual que los modelos avanzados de vuelo.....

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pardon me if I've missed it, or it's been discussed, but i haven't seen any discussion on the use of current harbors or ports as rearming areas for ships. As a simulation of the region, perhaps naval bases have no role yet, but for the next map with a coast, even if it is not a base, harbors or basic piers should be dockable for ships of various sizes.

Likewise, can rivers be addressed to allow smal vessels to navigate them?

Owned: Ryzen 3900x, MSI AMD 470x mobo, 32gb 3200MHz ram, Gtx 1660 Ti, 970 Evo Plus 500GB, MsFFB2, TIR5, TMWH+18c Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Buttkicker/SSA, WinWing F-18C . Next is VR for simpit

Art Of The Kill:

Check them :)

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1806938&postcount=7

A harbour / port can "convert" on a suitable target to attack / defend them, and a warehouse to rearm / repair zone. Need your expecific funtionality and 3D models to integrate them into DCS: W at same level of a FARP or airport / airbase. 3D model examples can be realistic harbours into Theaters, and can deploy "Piers" as FARPs to small sea units to rearm and repair on sea / riveline operations.

Not bad see "realistic" dock / leave ports operatios with signal / light beacons and a vessel traffic service (VTS) into ports with realistic radio channes and harbour practice.

Amphibious and large merchant marine vessels

It would be nice to get some amphibious ships. Tarawa class LHA hulls, and or Landing Platform Dock , like U.S.S. New York (LPD-21). Ships that are made for maritime operation of helicopters.

Large merchantmen hulls that support a small flight deck.

Towed artillery for both NATO and Russia. M198 or M777 towed howitzers for NATO, and D-30 for Russia.

Landing craft/ships capable of unloading troops and armored vehicles onto land in-game for an amphibious assault. Here are some examples of US and Russian landing ships:

LCAC

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/cf/LCAC_19970620.jpg

Ropucha-class landing ship

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/cb/Project_775M_AZOV_2009_G1.jpg

Zubr-class landing craft

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/5c/Zapad-2009_military_exercises.jpg

P.S. The Ropucha-class and some other Russian landing hovercraft were previously in Flanker 2.5, but weren't capable of loading or unloading cargo in the game.

• 2 weeks later...
It would be nice to get some amphibious ships. Tarawa class LHA hulls, and or Landing Platform Dock , like U.S.S. New York (LPD-21). Ships that are made for maritime operation of helicopters.

Large merchantmen hulls that support a small flight deck.

Towed artillery for both NATO and Russia. M198 or M777 towed howitzers for NATO, and D-30 for Russia.

Yes please, plus the LCAC hovercraft and Boeing MV-22 Osprey.

• 3 weeks later...

Is it possible to have Carriers modeled to have a functional hangar and elevators?

Owned: Ryzen 3900x, MSI AMD 470x mobo, 32gb 3200MHz ram, Gtx 1660 Ti, 970 Evo Plus 500GB, MsFFB2, TIR5, TMWH+18c Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Buttkicker/SSA, WinWing F-18C . Next is VR for simpit

Art Of The Kill:

Is it possible to have Carriers modeled to have a functional hangar and elevators?

+1. I also would like to add a LSO station, a sea boss station, an air boss station, and of course, the famous mule station , all as multiplayer stations. That would be possible in the year of our Lord 2018 - 2019.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

I want some correctly working Submarines with missiles. And a mod that will let me control ships.

DCS: F-4E really needs to be a thing!!!!!!

Aircraft: A-10C, Ka-50, UH-1H, MiG-21, F-15C, Su-27, MiG-29, A-10A, Su-25, Su-25T, TF-51

I'd love to have ships prioritize incoming threats/AShm's in order of danger presented to engage those closest with a higher degree of effort than those further away.

Also, the SM-2 on the Ticonderoga shouldnt use the exact same stats in terms of Engagement time/Reload time as that of the Oliver Hazard Perry, to the best of my knowledge. Plus, the Aegis system is only modeled with two-targeting channels rather than the six it should have :(

what do you mean on "functional hangar" ?

elevators can lift aircrafts up/down it's up to the animation and collision model but it's another question how will do this ? by radio menu ?

my wish: add hovercrafts plz :thumbup:

sign-pic4.jpg

what do you mean on "functional hangar" ?

elevators can lift aircrafts up/down it's up to the animation and collision model but it's another question how will do this ? by radio menu ?

my wish: add hovercrafts plz :thumbup:

Yes, I figure the elevator works on radio command up and down. The primary concern is getting

The primary concern my idea attempts to solve is making space for players and AI to spawn and idle away from catapult and ski positions as well as the arresting area. As it stands: the Kuznetsov can spawn 3 units. 2 on the ski ramp takeoff slots, and one behind and to the left. Any further units spawn into the 3 spot and conflict, or are prevented totally with the "flight delayed" message.

With the DCS/CoreTexDesigns F-18C/E modules announced and hopefully worked on or near completion, this may be slightly different. The current US carrier can spawn a whopping one more plane on the deck. Cats 3 and 4 block the landing strip though. As with the Kuznetsov, allowing functioning hangar and elevators means more players can get in their plane, arm it, begin the starting process, and then begin taking off as necessary/planned without interference due to limitations.

Art Of The Kill:

i think the DCS World should focus on the 3D renderer engine too, update to DirectX 11 and 12 together and provide support for all DX9,10,11,12 together? in the same time? implement PhysX and CUDA engine earlier for realistic fluid simulation that will be benefit on Naval module in future? with realistic depth charges or torpedo drop on water effect? beaches? or missile blast out from SUB on the water surface? realistic ship and sub physics on water? sea wave, bad weather storm?, together it may help the material particle and physics much realistic over the twist and flex of aircraft? and allow to change the game setting for GPU PhysX mode, CPU PhysX mode or off for those ATI user?

• 2 months later...

Just thought [maybe someone said already but] how about ships going into wind automaticaly while player [ai] asking for take off and landing?

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

What changes and new features would you like to see in DCS regarding naval operations?

This is in regards to Combined Arms type game play, not aircraft carrier specific operations.

Matt

Implementation of:

SONAR

SOSUS

Naval RADARs Surface/Air

Thermodynamics/thermal layer

Undersea operations

Seabed

Wave height, line of sight and earth curvature

Weapons typical of theatre

In a nutshell, harpoon/Silent hunter etc. I'd rather the platform was there so we can mod into it than development time was spent on weapon capability research and modelling little people on deck etc, that can by all means be modded into.

fwiw i'm still playing SH4 modded, there's an interesting market of nerds to be uncovered beneath the waves.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

• 1 month later...

There is a lot honestly, but I can settle in the short term for some nicer models, especially for the two carriers. I would like some love to go to the Kirov class though, that magnificent ship deserves an absolutely stunning model like the Ticonderoga's! :smilewink:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 4 weeks later...

Are there ever going to be controlable ships in DCSW? I wish I could control the Kirov-class nuclear battlecruiser. Even a Sovremenny would be nice :thumbup: But my biggest wish are submarines! A Dangerous Waters style DCS module.. one can only hope

• 2 weeks later...

I have the idea about a scenario that cold take place on the current map or a even a new/dedicated one, i.e. Gulf of Florida ( US, Mex, Middle America in general ).

It would need some kind of Naval Soldier that could mount a vessel ( speedboat, drug-submarine or another smaller and fast vessel ) and also land on the beach and mount a truck to follow a path ( scripted or player ) and some sort of cargo unit that could be handed of from truck to ship and back on the drug or helicopter etc.. .

The mission could be: Intercept the delivery of Manpad/Drugs/etc. so it would be the goods that you actually have to seek & destroy, either by Helicopter, Marine vessel, A-10C or whatever.

Middle America incl. the southern coast of the US would also be a cool spot for a map. There are plenty of nations, coast, mountains, landscape etc... and lots of water and islands.

Imagine a Helicopter and Coast Guard mission to intercept speedboats or small subs scenario.

With troops that can land we could do a lot and together with trackable goods new mission ideas and HVA Missions would be possible.

Maybe the cargo for choppers is somewhat such a trackable good ? So maybe it is already somehow modeled ?

Team A needs to deliver those 3 boxes of XYZ and Team B must intercept them before they reach the destination coordinates. That could be like a Rally thing. Limit it to Helicopters and planes with camera only ( TF-51 or A-10 with no weapons allowed, REC. only), speedboats and there you go.

??

Bit

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

In addition to below posted by another user. I propose the following;

SH-60B/R flyable with systems and proffessional flight model

AH-1W flyable with systems and PFM

AV-8B+ flyable with realistic systems and PFM. Especcially realistic in transitions.

Accurate and realistic wind conditions over decks of CVN, CV, LST, LPD, and LHA that would be added. Especially for helicopter simulations.

More high fidelity SAM systems from international providers. SPYDER for example.

Deck activity and parked aircraft on carriers and LHA(if provided). Landing on an empty deck is not realistic.

Infantry ground units defined as squads/teams, platoons, companies, and battalions. Not as individuals.

Units:

- Submarines (with realistic surface / sumerge capability)

Realistic IA:

- Realistic formations (AAW / ASW / point defence barriers)

- Picket ships

- Evasive actions on ships

- Attack Pattern on ships

Realistic capabilities:

- Antisubmarine Warfare (ships / hello / aircraft):

Sosus systems

Sonar engine

Antisubmarine torpedoes / depth charges

Sonobouis on helo / aircrafts / ships

- Antiship Warfare

Sonic countermeasures and decoys (towed / deployable)

Antiship Torpedoes / missiles / mines

Realistic antiship missiles

- Amphibious warfare:

LHA and similar heavy units

LST and similar small units

Heavy units can carry small landing units into them and deploy on sea to travel to landing beach's by crane or wet interior bay.

LST and similar can carry units into them and deploy on sea to travel to landing beach's and deploy them cargo

Vehicles with sea capability can deploy to Heavy landing units and travel to the beachs

- ECM / ECCM / Decoys / Chaffs / Flares on ships

- Datalinks on ships

- Cooperative engagement capability or similar on ships

- EOSAT / ROSAT or similar satellites to detect targets

- Out The Horizon detection and launching weapons

Mine Warfare

- Mine-hunting sonar

- Deploy mines (contact / hydrostatic / influence / etc)

- mine-hunting equipment to disable, destroy mine fields

Logistic

Ships can make Replenishment on sea by Fleet Oiler or AOR ships

VERTREP replenished by Helos

Weapons

- Assisted rocket Torpedo / Stand-off missiles on Submarine / Ships

- Anti-ships / cruise missile weapons with way-points

- Anti-ships can reattach / search pattern (some Harpoon and other anti ship missiles)

- Inertial / Mid-course correction / other sensors on anti-ship / anti-air / cruise missiles

- Anti-ship missiles can be launch to a pattern area.

Other:

Ports and Naval bases (the ships can anchor on them)

Improved naval environment weather and sea state

And that only have a short list :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

If DCS is still going the route of you being able to make all of your own scenarios, then I think that we should get some Battleships. Like the Iowa class for instance.

All 4 were refit in the 1990s in order to counter the Russian Kirov class.

they all have tomahawks, as well as CWIS, and those huge 16 inch guns. with close to 15 inches of armor, most missiles will not penetrate the hull.

Aircraft: A-10C, Ka-50, UH-1H, MiG-21, F-15C, Su-27, MiG-29, A-10A, Su-25, Su-25T, TF-51

Not to burst your bubble but battleships have been decommissioned in the 90's. Still possible to see them be used with other time periods but not modern as in today.

umm, most USAF aircraft have not had refits since the 90s. And most modern missiles are designed to punch through 3/4 inch of armor and fragment, not to go through 16 inches.