Where the skins go?

Stratos

In the saved games directory is the preferred location.

The livery files (1 .lua file and one or several image files) should go on this folder for the EB:

C:\Users\%USERNAME%\Saved Games\DCS\Liveries\C-101EB\%Livery folder%

And this one for the CC:

C:\Users\%USERNAME%\Saved Games\DCS\Liveries\C-101CC\%Livery folder%

Your DCS folder might be instead called DCS.openbeta or something similar.

The livery you have downloaded might come as loose files or with the appropriate folders already created. If they are loose files you will have to create the folders that they go into yourself.

The livery files (1 .lua file and one or several image files) should go on this folder for the EB:

C:\Users\%USERNAME%\Saved Games\DCS\Liveries\C-101EB\%Livery folder%

And this one for the CC:

C:\Users\%USERNAME%\Saved Games\DCS\Liveries\C-101CC\%Livery folder%

Hello Etten,

I've a doubt, maybe you can clear it out for me? It seems to me that there is no difference between the CC and the EB from the point of view of a Livery .. It seems that I can apply an EB livery to the C101CC and viceversa, with no ill effect .. I'm correct?

If my impression is true, I want to use a single livery folder for both versions (using a windows folder junction), just for the sake of saving a bit of hard drive space and not having liveries duplicated.

Best regards,

Eduardo

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

From what I can see it is set up so both the EB and the CC use the same texture files so it shouldn’t be and issue. For the liveries I have made that are available to both the EB and the CC I just made one .lua file and one set of textures and used the same for both.

What might be an issue is using a livery made for the EB on the CC, in that case the texture for the gunpods will be one of the default ones (either white or blue) which might clash with the rest of the livery.

EDIT: However, I believe you will still need two separate folders one for the EB and one for the CC. The files can be the same.

Edited by Etten

... However, I believe you will still need two separate folders one for the EB and one for the CC. The files can be the same.

Thanks a lot for sharing your view .. I will try to use the same liveries for a while, and hopefully won't encounter trouble.

The Windows junction facility, allows me to have an "alias" for an existing folder, so that DCS sees two folders but they are actually the same one .. it's done with this command:

b94uyNG.jpg

Best regards,

Eduardo

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB