TWS Hotas controls

raelias

Is there a way to go in and out of tws on the HOTAS? Also switch from MAN/AUTO and switch bars/azimuth scan?

Also is there a way to just "unlock" everybody while tws is active?

Win10 64, MSI Krait Gaming Z370, I7 8700K, Geforce 1080Ti FTW3 ,32 GB Ram, Samsung 980 EVO SSD

Modules: Combind Arms, A-10C, F-86F, F/A-18, F-16, Flaming Cliffs, KA-50, L-39, P-51, UH-1, Christen Eagle II, Persian Gulf

Not at this time. Someone more knowledgeable may have more info, but it's possible some of the functions will someday be clickable with the TDC like the scan bars and some other options.

Reset should unlock everything.

Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Foxx Mount | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | Logitech G Throttle Quadrant | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | SSD

Reset should unlock everything.

Reset?

Win10 64, MSI Krait Gaming Z370, I7 8700K, Geforce 1080Ti FTW3 ,32 GB Ram, Samsung 980 EVO SSD

Modules: Combind Arms, A-10C, F-86F, F/A-18, F-16, Flaming Cliffs, KA-50, L-39, P-51, UH-1, Christen Eagle II, Persian Gulf

Reset?

It’s a button on the ddI radar page.

Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Foxx Mount | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | Logitech G Throttle Quadrant | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5

Ah ok was looking for a hotas command, thanks tho

I don't know if its normal on a real Hornet's radar, but I'm somewhat surprised that you can't range bump with the cursors at the top or bottom of the scope to change the radar range or bump the sides to change the scan azimuth like you can in the F-16. That's pretty common radar mech across many RL platforms, so I'm very surprised the Hornet is not mech'd that way either. Or is it just a feature DCS hasn't modeled yet?

System HW: i9-9900K @5ghz, MSI 11GB RTX-2080-Ti Trio, G-Skill 32GB RAM, Reverb HMD, Steam VR, TM Warthog Hotas Stick & Throttle, TM F/A-18 Stick grip add-on, TM TFRP pedals. SW: 2.5.6 OB

I don't know if its normal on a real Hornet's radar, but I'm somewhat surprised that you can't range bump with the cursors at the top or bottom of the scope to change the radar range or bump the sides to change the scan azimuth like you can in the F-16. That's pretty common radar mech across many RL platforms, so I'm very surprised the Hornet is not mech'd that way either. Or is it just a feature DCS hasn't modeled yet?

You can change the range by going to the top or the bottom (but unlike the F-16 it doesn’t move the cursor straight back to the centre.) You have to either use the cursor to select azimuth or the button next to the MFD unfortunately.

You can change the range of your radar by putting the TDC cursor over the range arrows beside the OSBs and klick TDC depress.

Yeah, I found that. it's just a really clunky way of doing it. Is that how the real Hornet radar works? If so, leave it up to the Navy boyz to find the most difficult way of doing something easy. :music_whistling:

System HW: i9-9900K @5ghz, MSI 11GB RTX-2080-Ti Trio, G-Skill 32GB RAM, Reverb HMD, Steam VR, TM Warthog Hotas Stick & Throttle, TM F/A-18 Stick grip add-on, TM TFRP pedals. SW: 2.5.6 OB

You can also change range by moving the cursor over the top of the radar screen to the edge of the screen and then back again

Is there a way to go in and out of tws on the HOTAS? Also switch from MAN/AUTO and switch bars/azimuth scan?

A solid "no" to all of your questions, even in real life. The HOTAS implementation in Navy birds is weirdly sub-par compared to Air Force birds (looking at you, Viper).

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

You can also change range by moving the cursor over the top of the radar screen to the edge of the screen and then back again

Yup. You can "range bump" in the Hornet, it just works a bit differently than the F-16 or F-15. You need to move the TDC outside the radar box and back in again within a specific period of time (half second?).

For the rest, you can change bars and azimuth with the TDC over the specific value. You can also always bind DDI buttons to your stick so long as you always have the radar on the same DDI.

You can simply bind the appropriate OSB button to your HOTAS, given that you display the RDR ATTK page on the same DDI, so yes - in DCS, you can bind it to your HOTAS to switch back and forth from RWS to TWS.

You can depress the "RESET" button to clear tracks that you have chosen but unless you change the parameters, at least one will most likely repopulate.

Cheers,

Don (callsign Ziptie)

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria