F-16 MFD Readability

USA_Recon

Hi guys, i have been folowing this thread and i have the same issues as you guys.

I found a fix that makes it all good again. (for me).

I actually realized that the default view is too far aft from the ICP or consoles. And even when you move forward physically you don't really get any closer with the track-ir.

I did assign the zoom function to my Track-IR axis so that when i look at my MFD's, if i move my head slightly foward i actually zoom in a bit on the MFD's,as if i was getting my face closer to the MFd's.

I can read the MFd's much better and to zoom out or get back to a normal view i just get back to my natural seating position and it makes the trick for me.

I hope this can help and maybe in the future, ED could change the default view to be a bit closer to the consoles that it actually is. It only takes a few inches of head forward movement to actually have a confortable readability of the MFD's.

I also think that the MFd symbols could be a tiny bit larger. Maybe a change of fonts/police size.

Hi guys, i have been folowing this thread and i have the same issues as you guys.

I found a fix that makes it all good again. (for me).

I actually realized that the default view is too far aft from the ICP or consoles. And even when you move forward physically you don't really get any closer with the track-ir.

I did assign the zoom function to my Track-IR axis so that when i look at my MFD's, if i move my head slightly foward i actually zoom in a bit on the MFD's,as if i was getting my face closer to the MFd's.

I can read the MFd's much better and to zoom out or get back to a normal view i just get back to my natural seating position and it makes the trick for me.

I hope this can help and maybe in the future, ED could change the default view to be a bit closer to the consoles that it actually is. It only takes a few inches of head forward movement to actually have a confortable readability of the MFD's.

I also think that the MFd symbols could be a tiny bit larger. Maybe a change of fonts/police size.

can you share TRACKIR profile? also MFD script?

I did not edit my Track-IR file.

Sorry I didn’t make myself clear. I actually assigned the zoom function via the DCS axis assignments menu in Settings. On top of having my normal Track-IR functions to look around I also now have a zoom function assigned to it when I move a bit forward. It is all very natural and I was surprised how it actually makes things much easier.

Hope this can help you guys too.

I zoom all the way in to where the MFD just about fills the screen and blue line are barely visible.

I wonder why such a deficiency in a primary instrument would not be considered a bug?

aka Badger

X570 Aorus Master, Ryzen 3700X @3.8, 32GB DDR4@3200,RTX1070 Super, GTX 1070Ti, Win 10 Home, HOTAS Cougar, and some other DoDads

I was told its because its a feature thats not malfunctioning because its not implemented yet(brightness and contrast functions), its not a bug. Thats from E.D. themselves. But hey, its module breaking for me and the Viper will stay in the hangar till its fixed, and consequently will be the last module I buy. Fool me twice, shame on me.

GTX 1080ti FTW3, Intel I7 9700k 5.0Ghz Gigabyte Aorus Gaming 7 Z370, Rift S

You know that with the latest update you can go into the control page of your HSD and actually remove the cyan rings ? You can edit what shows up on your HSD page. I think it is unfair to call it a showstopper, annoying at most but definitively not stopping someone from using the F-16. But that is just me.

MFD's extremely dark in VR

The display screens are very dark compared to Wag's videos on youtube and what other people report. The lines and self cross are almost unable to be seen and the display brightness rocker doesn't work at all it seems.

This may seem like a request but it's a need if we want to use the plane at all depending on the situation. Compared the F-18 to the 16 screens, something needs to be adjusted with them, at least in VR....

Screen_191129_002227.thumb.jpg.1a80df20eee9635923836b8a032cb82f.jpg

Screen_191129_002253.thumb.jpg.5ebc03445c00be0dbbd50abcf6b23e6c.jpg

You know that with the latest update you can go into the control page of your HSD and actually remove the cyan rings ? You can edit what shows up on your HSD page. I think it is unfair to call it a showstopper, annoying at most but definitively not stopping someone from using the F-16. But that is just me.

Thats your opinion and you're welcome to it. Just as Im welcome to mine and its certainly not unfair. Im glad you you can enjoy the jet in its current state and I wish you many hours of fun. To me theres no point to fly the 16 if I cant see whats on my MFDs clearly and we shouldnt need a mod to make it happen. Furthermore, I want to see the rings. Thats the problem. You can hardly see them. The white is dim and washed out compared to gagues and other cockpit items. E.D. is in no rush to fix it by implementing contrast and other functions, and thats fine. Im just in no rush to support them in the future or fly the jet. E.D. is dismissing people by telling them to not take place in early access if people dont want to deal with these type of things, so Im going to do exactly that. Thank you E.D. for the splendid advice.

Thats your opinion and you're welcome to it. Just as Im welcome to mine and its certainly not unfair. Im glad you you can enjoy the jet in its current state and I wish you many hours of fun. To me theres no point to fly the 16 if I cant see whats on my MFDs clearly and we shouldnt need a mod to make it happen. Furthermore, I want to see the rings. Thats the problem. You can hardly see them. The white is dim and washed out compared to gagues and other cockpit items. E.D. is in no rush to fix it by implementing contrast and other functions, and thats fine. Im just in no rush to support them in the future or fly the jet. E.D. is dismissing people by telling them to not take place in early access if people dont want to deal with these type of things, so Im going to do exactly that. Thank you E.D. for the splendid advice.

+ 1

Brightness and contrast functions may be yet to come and thats ok (probably rarely needed outside night flights) but no reason why the default setting should be anything less than fine in normal conditions. It is not and quite remarkable that the issue has never been acknowledged.

Windows 7/10 64bit, Intel i7-4770K 3.9GHZ, 32 GB Ram, Gforce GTX 1080Ti, 11GB GDDR5 Valve Index. Force IPD 63 (for the F-16)

+ 1

Brightness and contrast functions may be yet to come and thats ok (probably rarely needed outside night flights) but no reason why the default setting should be anything less than fine in normal conditions. It is not and quite remarkable that the issue has never been acknowledged.

+1

I’ve not seen, not saying they haven’t, an acknowledgement from ED.

aka Badger

X570 Aorus Master, Ryzen 3700X @3.8, 32GB DDR4@3200,RTX1070 Super, GTX 1070Ti, Win 10 Home, HOTAS Cougar, and some other DoDads

The display screens are very dark compared to Wag's videos on youtube and what other people report. The lines and self cross are almost unable to be seen and the display brightness rocker doesn't work at all it seems.

This may seem like a request but it's a need if we want to use the plane at all depending on the situation. Compared the F-18 to the 16 screens, something needs to be adjusted with them, at least in VR....

What is your gamma setting ? Have you tried to play with your screen settings ? Just a guess.

After we are on page 12 in this thread you can bet your money on "it is not the gamma nor screen setting" ;)

I haven’t read the 12 pages. But you are surely right. There is definitely a problem with the readability of the MFD’s , contrast is not good, size of the symbols neither and many more things. I just try in the meantime to tweak things so that it is bearable. I am not in denial about the issue, just trying to work with it.

Over on the input output/VR pages several of us have been tweaking our VR settings with Nvidia Profile Inspector and are having some amazing results both in performance and visual quality. I’ve confirmed the settings work on all HMD’s. By using the latest Nvidia drivers you can dramatically sharpen the text and readability of the entire cockpit..... except for the MFD’s. They are still too dark to see clearly without at least leaning in. In fact, with the implementation of Link16, for me it’s a little worse . The red contacts are extremely difficult to see and leaning in does not work. I have to zoom if I want to see where they’re pointing and if they’re bugged or not.

Here’s my plea... lol, I’m not interested in getting cool new toys in the jet if I cannot see them and use them as intended in the REAL jet. I’m guessing ED is putting in these features to sell more modules, as a 30 year salesman I’ve found that if you’re selling an idea that is only partially fleshed out, make the features given up front the best they can be. It’s one thing to be missing MFD pages and totally understandable. It’s a totally different story when you can’t see the pages we currently have. Please make the MFD’s the next priority.

Probably a Block 30. Monochrome MFD’s....

IMG_2067_zpsvjip9uso.jpg

Edited by Wicked.-

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz HT Disabled, Asus RoG Strix z390E Gaming, 64GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200, Asus RoG Strix RTX2080Ti OC @ 1.9Ghz, 1TB Samsung Evo 970Pro M.2 TM Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals, Samsung 49" Curved Gaming Monitor, Samsung 50" 4KUHD TV, Acer 27" Touch Panel, CV1, Pimax 5K+, Valve Index, FSSB3 Lighting, F-16SGRH, 3 TM Cougar's and a Saitek X36 that I can't bring myself to part with.

i said it before in order to be better visible the HSD could have white lines for Range rings ...or could be an option in lua file to change HSD lines color .....

The tape is 4.2 for F-16 block50 that is simulated like MLU_3 manual with blue HSD range rings and symbols but if it is too difficult to view them i think the ED must reconsider to change the color of the ring with white

It is pretty obvious the MFDs in the F-16 is a pain to use as it is so I am curious.

Is ED aware of this complains?

How difficult is it to improve them or would fixing it break something else?

If the current state of the MFDs is realistic to the actual aircraft, can we have options to select a non realistic but usable MFDs for sim sake?

Are there some Lua files we can alter to improve the MFDs while waiting for an official fix?

The Hornet recently got some cockpit texture touches which for me is very good with my vr headset. I really wish the artist doing the Viper can hear our complains and touch-up the MFDs at least.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

Hey guys, we are aware and have answered this in other threads. We plan to implement brightness, sym brightness, and contrast. Also, have the option to remove reflections.
Thank Nineline. Pleasant to know this. All the best on your work. Cheers.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

Hey guys, we are aware and have answered this in other threads. We plan to implement brightness, sym brightness, and contrast. Also, have the option to remove reflections.

May we have a timeline on this please?