DCS F/A-18C OFP 13C, Lot 20, ATFLIR Thread - Page 401 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 01-12-2018, 11:27 PM   #4001
Buzzles

The unannounced price jump is slightly surprising, but it's not out the realm of what it's worth, considering what's being simulated and what other things in the wider market cost.

Full price doesn't bother me anyway as by the time ED get through the chunky to-do list on it over the next year and it is in a place where I want to buy it, it'll probably be on sale again or I'll be able to use my bonuses on it. Or it'll be bundled with carrier related dlc.

Glad to see it's much closer to seeing the light of day though, and I'm sure the EA version will make plenty of people happy.

Last edited by Buzzles; 01-12-2018 at 11:29 PM.
Buzzles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 12:30 AM   #4002
williehayesjr

Hello fellow simmers. I would like to make a comment on the overall sentiment of the protesting DCS players. Let me add, that this post is not for the player with substantial disposable income. First, it is imperative that we understand the nature of capitalist economics and how it relates to and deals with monopolies. Enough said. I will eventually buy this product because there is no other competition; and lets face it, it is a damn good simulation. For we protesters, we must find a way to encourage other established flight sim companies that it is worth the endeavor and investment to entertain even the possibility of joining the genre we so dearly love---military flight sims. Many of these commercial/private flight sim companies already get increasing request for military aircraft. If commercial capitalism is to work, competition must be the single most important constituent.
williehayesjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 12:50 AM   #4003
probad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzles View Post
The unannounced price jump is slightly surprising
https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=190078
hardly
hahaha hey look at me i surely know more about aviation and coding than actual industry professionals hired for their competency because i have read jalopnik and wikipedia i bet theyve never even heard of google LOL
probad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 01:10 AM   #4004
jrsteensen

Quote:
Originally Posted by williehayesjr View Post
Hello fellow simmers. I would like to make a comment on the overall sentiment of the protesting DCS players. Let me add, that this post is not for the player with substantial disposable income. First, it is imperative that we understand the nature of capitalist economics and how it relates to and deals with monopolies. Enough said. I will eventually buy this product because there is no other competition; and lets face it, it is a damn good simulation. For we protesters, we must find a way to encourage other established flight sim companies that it is worth the endeavor and investment to entertain even the possibility of joining the genre we so dearly love---military flight sims. Many of these commercial/private flight sim companies already get increasing request for military aircraft. If commercial capitalism is to work, competition must be the single most important constituent.
*laughs*

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
jrsteensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 01:18 AM   #4005
Revelation

Quote:
Hello fellow simmers. I would like to make a comment on the overall sentiment of the protesting DCS players. Let me add, that this post is not for the player with substantial disposable income.
Having substantial disposable income has nothing to do with it. You had 72 months notice that it was coming, you could have saved $1 per month and be all set...

Quote:
First, it is imperative that we understand the nature of capitalist economics and how it relates to and deals with monopolies. Enough said. I will eventually buy this product because there is no other competition; and lets face it, it is a damn good simulation. For we protesters, we must find a way to encourage other established flight sim companies that it is worth the endeavor and investment to entertain even the possibility of joining the genre we so dearly love---military flight sims. Many of these commercial/private flight sim companies already get increasing request for military aircraft. If commercial capitalism is to work, competition must be the single most important constituent.
This is all just non-sense... How about you start your own Dev company and 3 years later come back and tell us how wrong you were.
Old 01-13-2018, 01:59 AM   #4006
williehayesjr

Default Sorry

Mr. Revelation, please forgive me if I offended you. I was merely trying to say that everybody is not able. As far as saving a dollar a week/month, I'll take that into consideration.
williehayesjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 02:11 AM   #4007
Revelation

Quote:
Mr. Revelation, please forgive me if I offended you. I was merely trying to say that everybody is not able. As far as saving a dollar a week/month, I'll take that into consideration.
I'm not a snowflake; you didn't offend me. Facts are facts. If people weren't able to save $1 per month for the last 72 months, they have much bigger things to worry about and playing video games / sims should be the last thing they do with their time.
Old 01-13-2018, 02:19 AM   #4008
phant

Working launch rails?

Bye
Phant
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Rail.jpg
Views:	317
Size:	154.0 KB
ID:	176076  
Old 01-13-2018, 02:26 AM   #4009
Revelation

Possibly, also you can clearly see at the beginning of the vid that it is CVN 74 - the Stennis. looks like it got some TLC...
Old 01-13-2018, 02:49 AM   #4010
Vitormouraa
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelation View Post
That is up to ED on how they molded it. In real life, yes, there are connections that the pilot makes prior to using the JHMCS.

*** EDIT ***
There is also a panel for the JHMCS where the pilot turns it on and off.
That's up to ED, sure, but it also depends on the documentation available. Pictures, videos, PDFs, all those things are extremely useful.

SplashOneGaming is a community of viewers, players, and content creators built on combat flight simulation. Flowing through our veins is years of flight simulation experience in a multitude of different platforms. We welcome and encourage all of you to join us, whether you are seasoned or green, looking to learn, teach, or just trying to find someone to fly with.
Discord
Website
Vitormouraa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
f-18