DCS F/A-18C OFP 13C, Lot 20, ATFLIR Thread - Page 397 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 01-12-2018, 05:12 PM   #3961
probad

80$ is beyond cheap for what we're getting
hahaha hey look at me i surely know more about aviation and coding than actual industry professionals hired for their competency because i have read jalopnik and wikipedia i bet theyve never even heard of google LOL
probad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 05:15 PM   #3962
coldViPer

+1 very reasonable price for Hornet, preorder -> done!
Old 01-12-2018, 05:16 PM   #3963
Jabbers_

I think everyone is forgetting the pre-sale price of the A-10C was the same ... 8 years ago. https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php...57&postcount=1

twitch / youtube / facebook / twitter / discord
Jabbers_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 05:18 PM   #3964
outlawal2

While I agree $80 is a lot of money for a module, I do not balk at this price for THIS module. (For example, If they tried to price a WW2 module at this price I would never buy it until a suitable sale came around as a WW2 plane does not warrant that kind of cash)

The F18 does due to the complexity of the aircraft as well as the systems that are being simulated.. In the other thread the OP stated that he did not believe that ED has spent 5 years working on this module. I do.. ED is a tiny company compared to the EAs of the world and do not have the manpower to produce a module of this complexity in a year or 2 it just can't happen.

ED does something that no one else in the world does and that is produce a study sim at a fair price.. The market is a niche market to begin with so the volume of sales are greatly reduced compared to what an EA will bring in. This automatically ensures that prices need to be higher for our modules than other game software is to ensure they stay in business..

The reality is that companies like EA are forcing higher prices when they actually do not need them to survive. They are pushing $60, $70 and $80 prices simply because they CAN.. And this for games that will lose their appeal in a matter of months. Ed has kept their prices at the industry standard for as long as I have been buying modules and that is shortly after the A-10 was released, so a very long time. And long after Call of Whatever has lost it's luster and sits collecting dust, we will still be spending hours upon hours flying the F18... (Just take $80 and divide that by 1000,s of hours of use and the cost simply fades away when you consider cost per hour of use..)

While I don't want to pay $100 for a module I do believe that they require a higher price than industry standard games do simply because Ed is a tiny company and our hobby is a tiny niche.

And yes I have already pre purchased the F18

Last edited by outlawal2; 01-12-2018 at 05:24 PM.
outlawal2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 05:25 PM   #3965
joebloggs

Right price wrong date. It could be end of June before we see this module and there was me thinking it was maybe a month away at most. Especially after seeing all the videos by wags recently
joebloggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 05:29 PM   #3966
Wags
ED Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
Right price wrong date. It could be end of June before we see this module and there was me thinking it was maybe a month away at most. Especially after seeing all the videos by wags recently
Because the Hornet is a very complex project and innumerable things can go sideways during development and testing. Late-Spring 2018 is simply a worst case scenario in which many things go wrong and cause internal delays. This simply gives us a buffer IF needed.

We take our Early Access release dates very seriously, and we never miss them with the exception of the Fw 190 which we missed by two days.

i7 6700K, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1080ti, Windows 10, 1TB SSD, TM Hornet stick and Warthog throttle, and Track IR 5 with default settings.
Wags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 05:29 PM   #3967
Cowboy10uk

It’s a great price for the F18, it was an immediate purchase within seconds of seeing the Email. I really cannot understand why people are complaining, even about waiting until April for her to arrive.

Hell The A10 was on Pre order for 6 months, IF you don’t include Nevada which came with it, which took a mind blowing 5 years to turn up.

I am more than happy to support ED with this aircraft. From the videos they have done an amazing job

Cowboy10uk

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot
Cowboy10uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 05:31 PM   #3968
Wags
ED Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy10uk View Post
It’s a great price for the F18, it was an immediate purchase within seconds of seeing the Email. I really cannot understand why people are complaining, even about waiting until April for her to arrive.

Hell The A10 was on Pre order for 6 months, IF you don’t include Nevada which came with it, which took a mind blowing 5 years to turn up.

I am more than happy to support ED with this aircraft. From the videos they have done an amazing job

Cowboy10uk
Certainly not in all cases, but it helps to look at the context of the a posters posting history...

i7 6700K, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1080ti, Windows 10, 1TB SSD, TM Hornet stick and Warthog throttle, and Track IR 5 with default settings.
Wags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 05:31 PM   #3969
Revelation

Quote:
Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
That is on you, not ED. ED has time and again stated their release policy in regards to dates. The only thing you should have been expecting is the release of 2.5.
Old 01-12-2018, 05:31 PM   #3970
grunf

80$ seems like a fair price. 60$ pre-sale even more so.
grunf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
f-18