Notices

Old 12-01-2017, 12:11 PM   #1
<Blaze>

Default Speedmaster flight seat

Finally the new version of this bad boy is out:

https://speedmasterseats.de/speedmaster-flight/

just ordered it, can't wait. My wallet hurts for sure though

How do you kill 2 flankers with 1 wing?

A good fighter pilot is either trying to get high or is already high!
<Blaze> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 05:56 PM   #2
Atelophobia

Can this compete with obutto?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
Old 12-04-2017, 06:24 PM   #3
<Blaze>

It depends. I needed something that can fit under my desk, can be used for sim and all types of other games aswell as watching movies etc. The speedmaster seat is modular and you can dismantle the front and only have the chair. I asked for the dimensions from their support and based on that it should fit comfortably under my place, and the chair has a sliding function so getting in and out should in theory not be a problem. I say in theory because you never quite know how a product works out until you get it. Unfortunately no possibility to try it out with this, but IMO it's good enough to make the "gamble" worthwhile.

The obutto looks super uncomfortable for anything other than sim / racing. I can't imagine playing any FPS on such a setup or any other genre in general. No arm rests, hell not even your lower arm is able to rest on anything from what it looks like. That's just straight up horrible.

Old 12-04-2017, 06:29 PM   #4
=Buckeye=

Good stuff, bud. Gotta get you some Slaw pedals now to mount on that nice looking pedal plate

Let us know how you like it once it arrives and you get everything all set up...should be just in time for 2.5

VR Cockpit:
Oculus Rift CV1 | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | JetSeat SE | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | TM Warthog HOTAS (+Nyogel) + 15cm Black Extension w/ Red Spring by Sahaj | Steelcase Leap V2

VR Rig:
ASUS ROG Strix Gaming OC 1080Ti | i7-4790K @ 4.7ghz | Dell U3415W Curved 21:9 3440x1440 on Ergotron LX Tall mount | Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB | (x2) Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB

Soon™:
VKB HOTAS (waiting for TECS release)
=Buckeye= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 10:40 PM   #5
Atelophobia

Yea Im curious too. Obutto seems to have very long production time

This one reminds me of my DIY simsetup (bought it from a talented DIY racing guy). My setup is extremly sturdy but ugly as hell and doesnt work very good with my table. But the worst thing about it is that I have my HOTAS on the table and this really sucks. The Obutto Rev along with Warthog mounts looks really good for this use case. This seat seems to lack some features I’d miss

Old 12-06-2017, 05:38 PM   #6
<Blaze>

To me the fact that it has a nice center stick mount and another mount to have the stick is perfect. Although I'm still worried the stick mount is a little too far forward, we'll see. My #1 gripe is that my current seat is uncomfortable as hell for flying and my #2 is that I need a 5 minute logistic tour to setup or unsetup my flight gear.

My hope is that this will be comfy for normal gaming and flying while my keyboard / mouse will stay on the desk and the permanently mounted flight gear will hopefully not disturb either. Having HOTAS on the table is absolute no go for me, and should be for anyone. It is a complete nightmare for your health. I won't even settle for a side stick config, also incredibly uncomfortable and unintuitive (especially with a Warthog ).

They passed it to DHL yesterday so it should be here anytime within the next 2 weeks. Hopefully it'll be comfy in every way possible. If not I'll have to mod it a bit

Old 12-08-2017, 10:59 AM   #7
Atelophobia

Looks like you had similar goals. I ordered 2 Monstertech Mounts and a Mit freundlichen Grüßen Extension to ease 80% of my pain. Looking at my setup (IKEA desk and DIY simchair made of aluminum sheaths and a racing seat) I needed a proper place for Throttle and most of all Stick. As you said. Hotas on desk is no joy and perhaps one of the main reason I procastrinated playing/learning/relearning DCS. Monstertech is cheaper and way faster than Obutto and now I can enjoy the winter. The Monstertech clamps also have quick releases. I like that. They are already being shipped. I just need to modify my simchair (unscrew the wheel mount) so I can sit higher compared to my desk. Then all my worst problems (stick position, relative TIR5 position, uncomfortable „WASD-Position“) should be fine. The speedmaster would be no improvement for me other than better asthetics compared to my DIY mess. Not worth changing I guess

Old 12-28-2017, 04:15 PM   #8
VampireOne

Oi Blaze... any feedback on your setup? How is the center stick location working for you? Still too far forward?
VampireOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 11:54 AM   #9
VirusAM

Send a message via MSN to VirusAM

Someone knows why they ship only in some European countries (Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Belgium) and not all of them?
It is quite strange
Old 01-03-2018, 01:02 PM   #10
VirusAM

Send a message via MSN to VirusAM

Just for info...i wrote them an email...and suddenly they added Italy to the shipping countries....so if someone also is interested can do the same