Bug with the GPU gen?

alfredo_laredo

Wlth the custom key for Comms gives you the GPU on the ground. (great feature)

After startup and engine at idle before conecting the Airplane Generator if you disconect the GPU using the comm key the whole aiplane turns off.. even the engine and battery.

Gracias!

Y felicidades es un excelente avión y la cabina sorprendente.

A.K.A. Timon -117th- in game

that may not be bug, once gpu is connected, the battery will be cutoff. so disconnecting gpu will cause power off of whole a/c I think.

you can follow the training mission for a detailed startup procedures.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=137880

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

Hi,

Please check this thread here: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=137778

There are normal checklists that you can follow. Battery should be ON. GPU causes the batteries to disconnect, and it powers only the secondary bus. You must then connect UNION BARRAS which will then allow the GPU to power both the primary and secondary DC bus, and will enable the whole aircraft to be powered.

Best regards,

Tango.

Edited by Tango

Well the battery while the GPU is connected its always on. The GPU even recharges the battery.

The problem here is that if a sudden disconect of the GPU, the electrical system shoudnt fail with the battery in the On position.

But bigger issue here is the engine already on and on Idle. and the engine have no reason to shut down.

A.K.A. Timon -117th- in game

Well the battery while the GPU is connected its always on. The GPU even recharges the battery.

No - the generator controller logic causes the battery contactors to open, disconnecting the batteries from the primary DC bus (you will see two OFF lights for the batteries when the GPU is connected and the battery master is ON). The battery charger is separate.

The problem here is that if a sudden disconect of the GPU, the electrical system shoudnt fail with the battery in the On position.

But bigger issue here is the engine already on and on Idle. and the engine have no reason to shut down.

Are you able to get a video, or a series of screenshots of the problem?

Best regards,

Tango.

no power so the engine rpm indicator has no digital display. So it looks like that engine is down i guess.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

Thank you! 8)

Well.. after a couple of times happening now I cant reproduce the issue.
Just to confirm - you are using our GPU (with model/sound) and not the GPU in the comm menu?

Please go to the key settings, click CUSTOM KEYS drop-down, and set a key for GPU there.

Best regards,

Tango.

From DCS World\Mods\aircraft\C-101\Input\keyboard.lua

{combos = {}, down = 100001, cockpit_device_id = 2, name = "GPU Connection", category = "CUSTOM KEYS"},

{down = 100001, cockpit_device_id = 6, name = "Comms Menu", category = "CUSTOM KEYS"},

isn't it?

Yes, Im using the Key assigned "GPU" in Custom Keys

And apparently does the same as the "Comms" in custom keys.

see this

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2298415&postcount=1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]