Inaccurate Tracks

WelshZeCorgi

The shorter the track the better. Make airstarts alligned just before the target, on his 6, etc.

Usually the track doesn't need to be accurate to show off something in the video.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

Another thing that has helped me before is to use the track from another computer signed in to observe only (or the server if no one flies an aircraft on that PC). Obviously this takes additional hardware, but have seen the tracks to be much more reliable than from a computer that does NOT have an a/c flown from it.

Zimmerdylan,

That would be a recording of the flight instead of a track. Difference being, with the track file you can change perspectives where a recording you can not. Lots of options to get recordings, not so much for tracks, other than the extra computer logged in to observe.

Zimmerdylan,

That would be a recording of the flight instead of a track. Difference being, with the track file you can change perspectives where a recording you can not. Lots of options to get recordings, not so much for tracks, other than the extra computer logged in to observe.

Someone that finally get the point; thank you!

It's a pretty major problem I think, especially since so many reported bugs get ignored with a [NO TRACK FILE] tag.

Lately I have been attempting to record track files for some of these bugs so they can get fixed, but I have given up since the tracks usually screw up so badly that they don't show the bug.

Eg I just recorded a track to show the F/A-18C MAVF bug where after you fire some MAVFs and reload, the cooldown timer doesn't show any more.

I fired off 4 mavericks, landed on the carrier and reloaded more, then showed the bug.

I then saved and replayed the track... It shows me fire 1 maverick, look at the ground and try to lock a random bit of dirt for a bit, then crash into the sea. It didn't reach the point where I could show the bug.

How can ED expect us to show bugs in track files when the playback is THAT bad??

Pleeease fix or at least improve this!

How does ED and the 3rd parties make promotional videos and trailers without accurate tracks? I wanted to try my hand at making a "movie trailer" like video.

1. Short tracks.

2. Fewer AI. AI sometimes makes different decisions in the replay than they did in the original.

3. Multiplayer server tracks also have near 100% replay reliability as well, for some reason. I don't understand why that can't also be the case for clients.

4. Avoiding quirks; for example, Harrier tracks break if I use GBUs, so I just avoid using GBUs.

5. I've discovered that deleting my fxo and metashaders2 folders before replaying a track helps reliability somewhat.

It's a pretty major problem I think, especially since so many reported bugs get ignored with a [NO TRACK FILE] tag.

Lately I have been attempting to record track files for some of these bugs so they can get fixed, but I have given up since the tracks usually screw up so badly that they don't show the bug.

Eg I just recorded a track to show the F/A-18C MAVF bug where after you fire some MAVFs and reload, the cooldown timer doesn't show any more.

I fired off 4 mavericks, landed on the carrier and reloaded more, then showed the bug.

I then saved and replayed the track... It shows me fire 1 maverick, look at the ground and try to lock a random bit of dirt for a bit, then crash into the sea. It didn't reach the point where I could show the bug.

How can ED expect us to show bugs in track files when the playback is THAT bad??

Pleeease fix or at least improve this!

I think that fly involving the carrier screw up the track pretty bad

I just fired up DCS and installed 2 updates over the weekend. It looks like the"fly again" button on exit is just doing a "play track" and not allowing you to actually fly a mission again in my saved F-86 missions. Is this true? Was it always this way? Also, I am getting some water artifacts when rolling inverted and such. I have an nVidia GTX 1060 and sometimes the low level terrain around Kobeleti is water until it loads later. Not sure if it's just my system pre caching for a while or if something else was done.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's perfectly ordinary banter Squiffy, "Bally Jerry, pranged his kite, right in the 'how's your father.'" - Monty Python, RAF Banter Sketch.

Squiffy, a. slang. 1. Intoxicated; drunk. 2. Askew, skew-whiff. - OED

"Put that sucker in a 4G turn and keep it there!!" - Maj. Gen. "Boots" Blesse