Alerax's LSO AI Script

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely brilliant. Thank you.

A few suggestions:

1. On the mission, perhaps start with slightly less fuel as you can be around 34,000lbs on the first landing.

2. Is it possible for the script to save the landing "score" or rating to an external file so we can create a logbook of our carrier landings and grade. Would be great to have a log book that capture:, a/c type, grade, case 1, 2 or 3 and night / day.

Again, thank you very much.

OK found were to put files all in corresponding files in saved game it worked great got wave off then a landing but, it will not work on a second landing do have to always go around start at 800feet 350 knots on downwind is there a way you can just relaunch stay a 600 feet go 1-2 nm do 30 bank to reciprocal of BRC 30 turn at the round down roll out on BRC call ball at3/4 ml then land and get the LSO to come on and grade. If you are practicing or doing CQ you would just launch and stay in pattern at 600 feet need to add I removed the plans on cat 2 so I could use that if it makes a difference I also recorded the session

Can you enlighten me please exactly where to put the Sound folder in Saved Games. It looks fantastic, but it's doing my head in as I get no sound from the LSO. Thanks

Edit, it’s ok, I’m just a crap pilot lol. Wasn’t hitting the triggers

Edited by mr_mojo97

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

LSO Script tutorial

Alerax

Is it possible for either you or your girlfriend to do a how to video in YouTube as to setting up your mod, especially the trigger thing. I am not familiar with the ME.

Here you go. I was adding it to a mission so I went ahead and recorded it. It's not edited (so it shows the *entire* sound addition process), but it does have a table of contents, so once you get the hang of the first (of three) step, you can jump ahead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pAWFZZH80k&t=5s

(please note - I am just a fan - I'm *not* Alerax's girlfriend :D)

Thanks again, i tested it and it worked.

One Suggestion, Turn Up the volume of the LSO calls for the next iteration.

I dont have the settings hear like helmet implemented, as i need to hear the sound of the engines for aa refueling and Traps, otherwise its really awesome.

Keep up the good work

Cheers Evilfisher

Nice...going to give it a try.

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

Question if you launch after a trap and do it all over will it still keep track of the last 15 for ur bird or do you need to do hook up touch and go to ghet last 15 passes(pest ant I)

rephiled - the LSO AI Script does keep the latest 15 landing grades after you land. However, note that this is the latest 15 landings the Carrier sees, not necessarily your last 15 landings. So if someone else lands after you, it will be recorded and report as well.

Is this correct?

Considering this is 'slamming on deck and trapping'?

Or is this 'slamming on deck and bolter'?

majapahit- Yes you are right, slamming on deck and trapping, not bolter. I'll update the changelog for clarity. Thanks for pointing this out.

Hi donkeyrider - Thanks for your suggestion. Will reduce the mission starting fuel a bit further (currently at 75%). Also, definitely - I was thinking about adding this feature as well. Will put this in the list for improvements for next major update version.

Edited by Alerax

Thanks again, i tested it and it worked.

One Suggestion, Turn Up the volume of the LSO calls for the next iteration.

I dont have the settings hear like helmet implemented, as i need to hear the sound of the engines for aa refueling and Traps, otherwise its really awesome.

Keep up the good work

Cheers Evilfisher

Hi Evilfisher- I've definitely looked into the sound file volume. Just so you are aware, these sound files were amplified as much as possible. So if you play this outside the DCS game, it's really loud.

Have you tried increasing the Hornet comm volume? I find that it helps quite a bit to max it out.

Very cool add-on.

I increased the voice volume (I found it too low), but you've got a good add-on here. It would be nice if you could build on it to provide guidance to the port hold and commencing etc. It would also be cool it on the initial contact to Marshall the pilot would receive BRC, winds, altimeter etc.

You're on to something very neat.

Well done!

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

Interesting mod.

But something like that I would expect from ED to include to the F-18 & CVN.

+1

Could I offer a suggestion? Maybe a comms entry in the Carrier Info menu section for a Comms check. LSO could respond "5 by 5" or something. To make sure that the sound files are loaded. I'd like to find a way around having to add all those triggers by having some other script load them all at mission start.

I agree. :thumbup:

Hi donkeyrider - Thanks for your suggestion. Will reduce the mission starting fuel a bit further (currently at 75%). Also, definitely - I was thinking about adding this feature as well. Will put this in the list for improvements for next major update version.

Thank you!

Very cool add-on.

I increased the voice volume (I found it too low), but you've got a good add-on here. It would be nice if you could build on it to provide guidance to the port hold and commencing etc. It would also be cool it on the initial contact to Marshall the pilot would receive BRC, winds, altimeter etc.

You're on to something very neat.

Well done!

Hi BoneDust- thanks for the suggestion. I'm definitely thinking about a marshal stack script as well. Stay tuned!

I've been looking for a long time for that next best thing since sliced bread, and today I think I finally found it. Excellent work!

i9-9900K @ 5.1GHz | MSI Ventus 3X OC RTX3090 24GB | 64GB 3200MHz DDR4 | Asus ROG Strix Z390-E | Asus Xonar DGX 5.1 Sound Card | Virpil T50CM2 base w/ F/A-18C / A-10C / Virpil T50CM2 Grip | WinWing Super Taurus Throttle | MFG pedals | TekCreations Hornet UFC, Landing Panel, Right Console | WinWing Hornet Combat Ready Panel | Buddy Fox UFC | Foxx Mount | 3 x TM Cougar MFD | HP Reverb G2 | Wacom Intuos S (with VRK) | Honeycomb Alpha Yoke | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | CH Fighter Stick Pro & Throttle | MS Sidewinder 2 FFB | Track IR 5 | Oculus Rift CV1

善く戦う者は、まず勝つべからざるを為して、以て敵の勝つべきを待つ。

donkeyrider- FYI, just checked the current mission file. At 75% fuel (which it is right now), you start at 34,189lbs which should get you to ~34,000lbs at the first landing.

Correct, and that's 1000lbs too heavy - that's what donkeyrider wanted to tell you.

How do I increase the volume for the voice files of only this mission further? .lua editing?

Correct, and that's 1000lbs too heavy - that's what donkeyrider wanted to tell you.

How do I increase the volume for the voice files of only this mission further? .lua editing?

Hi Shadoga- reread NATOPS and both you and donkeyrider are right on. Thanks for the clarification, for some reason I had 34K lbs in my head.

As for the volume- I feel like it's an issue for a lot of people as well. I'm trying to figure out how do fix this from the sound file, but I suggest doing the following in the meantime:

- Turn up the comm volume on the Hornet

- Turn down all other volume settings in the DCS volume menu except "In-Cockpit" and "Helmet")

- Turn up Windows volume

My volume setting in DCS is as follows and I've been able to enjoy DCS and hear the comms pretty well.

- Volume: 15%

- GUI: 100%

- World: 10%

- In-Cockpit: 50%

- Helmet: 100%

- Music: 0%

Let me know if this helps.

how do you install this ? is it supposed to work from the get go using their mission ?

I get the grading system at the end, but never heard the LSO voice..

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

@Akerax Thanks you for making this mod/script. I've used Vlso on P3D and this is what DCS needs for Carrier Ops. My Squadron uses the Stingers LSO mod but that takes away 1 or 2 human pilots.

Now, we have tried out your script and ran into some problems. 2 ship hornet overhead 350 kts 900ft just to the right of the carrier. break at about .5 miles and 1.1 miles. downwind at 600ft at 140 kts maybe 1.2 miles from the carrier. Now I got WOP LIG and wingman got WOP TCA. which is fine. but that's where the problems starts. we were never able to get the script running again. did the overhead break again flew correct pattern.. nothing. 3rd hornet did the break and perfect pattern and no LSO calls. it never worked again and should no errors with the script.

Since there no LSO calls at the break. Can I suggest to have the script start at the abeam call. that's when LSOs start looking for the aircraft at Paddles Contact. that'll be great because if you wave off or bolter. you can just enter back in the pattern on the downwind and not have to do the break again.

thanks again for the great script

FC3 | UH-1H | A-10C | F/A-18C | F-16C | F-14B | P-51D | F-5E | AV-8B |

Caucasus | Nevada | Normandy | Persian Gulf | The Channel |

SuperCarrier |

Loving the script!

I've also noticed (like Magic above) that sometimes it doesn't play nice with other aircraft in the circuit. Lots of "too close in the pattern" calls when separated by quite a bit of spacing. The other thing I've noticed is that the script seems to stop running after awhile. For example, we did some traps and all worked well, then went off to fight the war for a bit, and when we came back, we couldn't get the script to trigger again. Is anyone else having this, or maybe is it conflicting with some of the other triggers in my mission?

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2