Custom Stennis Cameras

DESCRIPTION

This mod contains 14 different camera locations in lieu of the stock platcam, accessed by LAlt+F9 during gameplay. The locations are named according to the nearest landmark on the ship (see included image for approximate locations). Only one camera can be activated at a time.

This mod is JSGME-ready. If you want to install manually, please backup your files, as they may affect the integrity check during online play. It will overwrite the stock platcam position and B&W static effect.

Note that depending on how the mission was made, you may have aircraft parked on top of the camera.

HOW TO ACTIVATE A CAMERA

Navigate to CoreMods/tech/USS John C Stennis and open the 'USS_John_C_Stennis.lua' file with Notepad or Notepad++. Lines 48-61 contain the camera positions, which look like this:

--GT.LSOView = {cockpit = "empty", position = {--[[connector = "",]] offset = {-60.0, 31.6, 24.7, 150.0, 0.0}}} ---BRIDGE BALCONY

--GT.LSOView = {cockpit = "empty", position = {--[[connector = "",]] offset = {-52.0, 33.6, 24.0, 150.0, 0.0}}} ---PRI BALCONY

To activate a camera, delete the '--' at the beginning of the line. For example:

--GT.LSOView = {cockpit = "empty", position = {--[[connector = "",]] offset = {-60.0, 31.6, 24.7, 150.0, 0.0}}} ---BRIDGE BALCONY

GT.LSOView = {cockpit = "empty", position = {--[[connector = "",]] offset = {-52.0, 33.6, 24.0, 150.0, 0.0}}} ---PRI BALCONY

In the above example, the BRIDGE BALCONY camera is deactivated, and the PRI BALCONY camera is activated. Save the .lua file and exit. Remember, you can only activate one camera at a time.

VIDEO DEMO OF VARIOUS CAMERAS

VsfakdLS7G4

DOWNLOAD

Google Drive Download

DCS User Files Download

Edited by Nealius

Great video/ mod Nealius! You have saved me a lot of work. :)

This mod uses the VFA-113 PLAT CAM mod file to remove the B&W TV effect, Nealius was kind enough to contact us and ask for permission to include it in this mod which we happily granted.

Great work Nealius I will use some of the angles in our next movie which covers Carrier Operations.

Edited by JAR VFA-113 STINGERS

Thanks Nealius !

Regards

DL available skins here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?CREATED_BY=Strut

Pictures of my Skins here: https://imgur.com/a/bOQyQqW

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64bit, Intel® Core i7-5820K CPU OC @ 4.50GHz x6, X99A GAMING PRO CARBON, MSI RTX 2080 TI GAMING X TRIO 11Gb, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSD 960 EVO250GB, SSD 850 EVO 500GB, JetSeat, MFG Crosswind Pedals, VPC Mongoose T-50, TMWH, DSD ButtonBox, Pimax 5k XR/BE

Great job!! Thanks. Beautiful angles :thumbup::thumbup: Thanks

Would not be possible to access multiple cameras by a system similar to the saved snapviews?

No idea, I've never messed with snapviews myself. If someone gets that to work it would be awesome! It took me days of recording launches/traps, then exiting the game to edit the .lua for the next camera view :pilotfly:

I am not sure if that would be possible but snapviews are just pre-recorded camera possitions inside the cokcpit and you can call them back any time with a keyboard combination.

Maybe the same „concept“ would be applicable to this. Obviously the carrier is not an aircraft and has no cockpit files so a workaround this should be found but I guess if the sim allows to record and save custom cameras inside the cockpit and call them at anytime using a key combianation, maybe something like this could be done for a carrier.

Just a suggestion to consider

• 3 months later...

Great mod!!

1) How do you turn the camera? I cannot get it to turn with mouse, trackir, or keystrokes..

2) I have a triple screen setup and the FOV is way too close/zoomed. Can I adjust one of the parameters? Can you explain the parameters in the GT.LSOView() command?

Thanks!

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

Excellent !!

Very easy to manually install and configure.

Playing around with the excellent MOD I'd like to raise 2 "issues"

Disclaimer, I know that it's most likely only Eagle-D that can do anything about it, but here goes:

- The Track-ir enabled in outside view setting.. is there any way we can do this with the mouse?

- Option to change viewpoints on the fly..

That would really make this mod awesome!

Edited by Koriel

• 1 month later...

Hi

I have BRIDGE BALCONY camera is activated.

When I press LAlt+F9 I see only sea :) (picture 1)

For normal view need press RCtrl+Num/ for change zoom (2 picture)

How make default normal zoom (like 2 picture)?

885647304_LAltF9sea.thumb.JPG.d24b21a05b536dded4c0c19bbf6150a4.JPG

1442104638_LAltF9sea2.thumb.JPG.407401667b5182af16d91c3813ba5c25.JPG

Окурок, выброшенный в урну, гораздо патриотичнее флажочка на автомобиле

TM Wartrhog Stick + VPC MongoosT-50Base + VPC TMW Extension 150mm / TM Wartrhog Throttle / CH Pro Pedals / 2-VPC Deck Mount / TrackIR5/

i5-10600K Over to 5.0MHz/32GbDD4-3200/RTX4070/System-SSD1 DCS-SSD2/32" 2560x1440

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry I haven't been keeping up with the thread. To answer the questions:

1. There does not appear to be any way to turn the camera without TrackIR and TrackIR External Views enabled in the settings. I'm not sure how VR works but I imagine it's similar.

2. The 5 parameters in the lua file are:

-Bow/Stern location

-Starboard/Port location

-Height

-Camera lateral view in degrees (0=bow, 180=stern)

-Camera vertical view in degrees (0=horizon)

3. I could not find any parameters for the FOV/zoom. You'll have to press Ctrl+NumEnter to select default FOV after you switch to the camera view.

Edited by Nealius

You'll have to press Ctrl+NumEnter to select default FOV after you switch to the camera view.

Ok!

Окурок, выброшенный в урну, гораздо патриотичнее флажочка на автомобиле

TM Wartrhog Stick + VPC MongoosT-50Base + VPC TMW Extension 150mm / TM Wartrhog Throttle / CH Pro Pedals / 2-VPC Deck Mount / TrackIR5/

i5-10600K Over to 5.0MHz/32GbDD4-3200/RTX4070/System-SSD1 DCS-SSD2/32" 2560x1440

• 3 months later...

Update

The 2.5.5 update has broken the ability to change the platcam FOV. The platcam positions still work, but you’re stuck at an FOV of 17.

I filed a bug report on the forums, which was moved to “wishlists”....not particularly encouraging.

As it was in the readme. I don't have problems with mods as a rule. All ships, planes etc work a treat. I use jsgme. Installed it into main dcs directory and not saved games as it didn't specify that. Any pointers would be great. Does the dcs update stop the cameras or is this because of the install?

One other thing, i am using stable version, could that be it?

Cheers

Edited by tmansteve

I use the same package installed through JSGME as well. Have you tried selecting an LSO view (like Bridge Balcony) and tested to see if the locations change? If it's not working, the only thing I can think of is that the folders haven't gone to the right spots.

Nealius,

I have tried every camera position and all I get is the B&W Deck LSO original.

I will have another look at the folders and try again. I know it's not me, so might be what you say.

Update. Sorted it. I noticed another camera line and it looked like the original LSO and hadn't put the 2 dashes in. Then after that, activated the camera I wanted and it worked a treat. Excellent, Thanks!!!!

Cheers

Edited by tmansteve