Help With 3D Modeling...

Zoren_VSB

Hi,

Over on the Russian forums there is a file that seems to talk about building the 3D models for Lock-On. I haven't been able to translate the file into English, at least not very understand English.

The last paragraph is the one that is most insteresting to me as it seems to talk about dummy-helper objects and the Bounding Box property found with LOMUtils. I am in the learning stage of 3DS Max as most of my modeling experience comes from an application for flight simulator called FSDS.

Following the instructions, I tried the following experiment. I create my inner cockpit shell and then a dummy-object. I assign the dummy-object as the parent to the inner cockpit shell. The dummy-object is sized to the correct size I need. Everything compiles, but the inner cockpit doesn't show up anywhere. If I break the link between parent-child, it show up but is the wrong size.

The inner cockpit as been assigned a basic material with the Material Type of Cockpit for LOMUtils. The dummy-object is assigned the Bounding Box property. According to the 3DS Max books, this is suppose to be used to help with animations etc. You assing it as a parent, do your animation on the dummy-object, and all the children move accordingly. Helper objects are not suppose to render but the children should.

Below is a cut and paste from the Manual.rar file found on the Russian side. Can anyone explain it to me or help me understand what is required.

Thanks

Zoren_VSB

FROM Manual.rar:

Дальше в этом файле заниматься прописыванием текстурных параметров, а если ваша модель содержит только одну текстуру, то файл Skins вовсе можно не создавать.

«Списки аргументов анимации смотрите в прилагаемых файлах.»

Да.

Перед выгрузкой нужно не забыть создать описывающий модель дополнительный дамми-объект, путем его масштабирования по отдельным осям. А в LOM Utils назначить ему свойства в окошке Type – Bounding Box, иначе могут возникнуть проблемы с восприятием камерой продукта производства, а так же, – проблемы с его уничтожением и т.д. Одним словом, эта операция необходима для нормальной работы модели в среде ЛО.

Вот вкратце, все, что необходимо дизайнеру для работы с выгрузкой моделей.