VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

Chaff

Having some difficulty with the AI RIO dropping CM

I am not sure if this is a request post, or a "I need help" post, but...

I can't figure out how to tell Jester to drop chaff. I've tried all the "chaff/dispense order" commands, but with no good results. Is there a "Drop Chaff"? command, or can there be?

Modules: A10C, AV8, M2000C, AJS-37, MiG-21, MiG-19, MiG-15, F86F, F5E, F14A/B, F16C, F18C, P51, P47, Spitfire IX, Bf109K, Fw190-D, UH-1, Ka-50, SA342 Gazelle, Mi8, Christian Eagle II, CA, FC3

Can somebody please send me keywords.csv file that can be found in VoiceAttack folder\apps\VAICOMPRO\export folder... You can export it through "Editor"tab - clicking on round button with right arrow /which is ussed to toggle export/import button.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

Ok thanks but i dont see new command scan sector which is used in new AIRIO version like this;

Scan Sector, Angels [0..70] for/at [0..150]

Radar scan specific sector (use multiples of 5 for the numbers). Example:

“Scan Sector, Angels fifty for forty five” – Scan sector at 50.000ft range 45NM.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

Hey Hollywood, I updated to the latest Viacom with Airio and I see the new Scan Angels command in the documentation. I see there is 809 new commands in the editor. But when I do the finish, edit and up date the Viacom profile I'm still only get 808 commands. I'm also not seeing the command phrase Scan Angels, am I missing something?

I also have same problem...Can somebody that sees new command Scan Angels, or Scan Sector in their keyword configuration tab in VAICOM pro - send me their update keyword.csv file?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

I just cant get new commands for scan sector to show up in my profile although i did the import thing (ctrl+a delete ctrl+v thing) ? Please help me. I have on one side list of 804 commands and on the other i have 825 commands.

I just cant get in the section Keyword collections new commands for scan sector to show up....Clicking on test i get a ok message

I read your question completely wrong.

I also have 804 keywords in the keyword editor, and those are the keywords that gets pasted in the editor. Not the other way around, right?

I do not have the "Scan Angles" under extensions pack, and neither in keyword.

-EDIT

Read once more and followed instructions in the manual, and added the AIRIO.vap profile, and copied into VAICOM profile.

The commands do not show up in the keywords editor. But are they supposed to? The manual says something about daisy-chaining the AIRIO.vap profile into the VAICOM profile, and I know Hollywood has a video link on his site on how to do that.

I was planning on doing that for some other profiles to input keyboard commands, specially for the free modules that are without radio like the A-4E-C and MB-339PAN.

Edited by MAXsenna
Adding text

Can Hollywood_315 please help us or send us updated and exported keyword.csv file with new scan angels / scan sector command?

Although i did everything by tutorial, i have new commands when i open profile VAICOM PRO for DCS World.vap, but i cant get them to bee available in keywords.csv file (and i did the copy paste thing per manual) both page 30 and 36..And also manual states:

Note: There is a known VA bug showing the field as empty. Ignore this: content is there. but i dont have field empty in any moment

Edited by hreich

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

The Scan Sector command is not in the dropdown, it must be added to the VA profile.

Manual page 36-38.

Is that also what is preventing it from applying?

System Specs: System Specs: MSI Tomahawk Z590 wifi, I9 11900K Processor, 64gb Corsair Vengance 3600mhz ram, 3080 Nvidia Video Card, Windows 11 Pro, 2 Samsung NVMe SSD (2tb and 1 tb), Valve Index VR system

The Scan Sector command is not in the dropdown, it must be added to the VA profile.

Manual page 36-38.

Okay, so one must first do this (and having the F-14 module installed I presume)

Setting up

• The AIRIO dialog extension is a separate download from the http://www.vaicompro.com website with a separate license code. Use the About tab of the Configuration Window to activate.

• After your license activation, confirm on the EX tab that the Enable option is selected.

• Enable Extended Command Set on Preferences page. Restart both VA and DCS.

• After VA restart, new keywords will have been added to your alias database. Follow the regular FINISH steps (see page 30) to update your VA profile with the new keywords.

• Restart VA again, and then start DCS.

• In DCS options under Special, confirm the Radio Menu setting for the F-14 is Default.

• Look on next page for adding additional AIRIO commands to your VA profile

The above will add the keywords to the Editor, and one must copy as usual to VA VAICOM profile.

And then you import the AIRIO.vap and copy the missing commands to the VAICOM profile.

Correct procedure, Hollywood?

Manual page 36-38.

Ok, but when i do that i get this in attachment - profile already contains "scan sector command"

After that i dont see new commands in keywords? If i do the page 30 after that, i still dont have them (the part with finish button, ctrla+a, delete, ctrl+v)??

C'mon please help me this is my 3rd day i am spending on fixing this!!!

And i see i am not alone with this problem - obviously somehing is not clear enough in manual, or something else..Please help me.

4.thumb.jpg.492e1c9d1b6ca7d716e72e2eb752eec9.jpg

Edited by hreich

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

Well there is no problem.

The Scan Sector command is not in the dropdown

The command is in the profile, as said it's not supposed to be in the keywords list.

You already have it in your profile so you can just use it, no need for any more steps.

Hope that helps grtz.

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

Well there is no problem.

The command is in the profile, as said it's not supposed to be in the keywords list.

You already have it in your profile so you can just use it, no need for any more steps.

Hope that helps grtz.

Ah! Okay. So it's already in there then. But how do yo go about training and issuing the command.

Maybe that's what is unclear.

I don't have the F-14 module myself, so I cannot test it, and I am too busy with the Viper anyway.

That said, taking the break from the Viper to get VA with VAICOM working.

I had almost given it up, but then I decided to really train and add every keyword and train it in Microsoft Speech Recognition, while I was waiting for the module to be released.

Spent about 4-5 hours waiting and adding to the database.

Found out that a lot of my problems where due to mispronunciation of airport names.

So I went over to https://www.howtopronounce.com/ to get help, and it worked.

But for some reason MSR want let me pronounce French names in French, only if I do it with an English accent, they will work.

So, the Viper was released, and I had gotten as far as Ford in the list. And what do you know! It was working!!! Almost flawlessly, at least the ATC commands, rearm and refuel.

So I decided to go back for a little test in the F-5E, which had given me "air supply" grief!

Didn't work. ATC works fine, rearm and refuel. But connecting air supply. No way!

So I am starting to think that is something wrong with either the module or just that command. Because if you look at the pics I've added you can see it is absolutely notMSR's fault, and when in training it works with no hiccups. But as soon as i start the module and try to say the command, it shows as understood in the little MSR window, but but no entry in VA/VAICOM, so it is not passed along to the sim, is my feeling.

2019-10-04_22-40-14.png.0da9c4ce876a777224b970dcfbb39488.png

2019-10-04_04-30-33.thumb.png.e83f84415caa6eb27b54eecadb4364e0.png

If I have issues with particular words, I open notepad and use the speech recognition as a dictation tool. It's often quite funny when you first start with a word and speech recognition thinks that you have said something totally different.

My pronunciation of some of the Caucusus airfields is not right at all, for the most part, but once I have added my version to the speech recognition dictionary, it doesn't matter. For example, for Vaziani, ATC pronounces it as Vazarni but I say it as I see it, ie with 2 "i"s ;)

Ah! Okay. So it's already in there then. But how do yo go about training and issuing the command.

Maybe that's what is unclear.

I don't have the F-14 module myself, so I cannot test it, and I am too busy with the Viper anyway.

Yep i saw it working ingame yesterday, but today i cant get it to work - how can i train my speech engine if there is no keyword comand for Scan Sector? Can i add it somehow? In my profile VAICOM PRO for DCS World.vap i see entries for it:

<Description>AIRIO - Set Radar Scan Sector</Description>

<Category>Extension packs</Category>

<UseShortcut>false</UseShortcut>....

Edited by hreich

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

still need help - with scan sector command for F14 AIRIO

Ok..so this is my fourth day not managing to get scan sector commands to work. I even created tutorial but i am not sure it is right procedure so please help me update or correct manual if i got the steps wrong.. I also added attachment that shows other scan command recognized by VA but no Scan Sector..How can i add keyword / aliases to get Scan sector command recognized by VA?

In my profile VAICOM PRO for DCS World.vap i see entries for it:

<Description>AIRIO - Set Radar Scan Sector</Description>

<Category>Extension packs</Category>

<UseShortcut>false</UseShortcut>....

VAICOM TUTORIAL FOR UPDATE.doc

1.jpg.329fc41ec3ee5ed89529ef34cc4bfb79.jpg

Edited by hreich

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

I am having an issue with getting TX-1 VHF to work in the F-16C. TX-2 UHF works fine but when I go into the Viacom control panel and look the TX-1 is not activated .The TX-2 is. When I press the button for TX-1 nothing happens. I have checked the setup for TX-1 in VC and it is correct...I am at a loss...

It looks like it might be a display issue on the PTT tab, as for me, the TX1 button has unboldened text, VHF Radio AN/ARC-222, and it does appear to work when you press it.

edit: i have just tried it again and both TX1 and TX2 allowed me to speak with ATC, on their respective VHF and UHF frequencies, so it is working.

Edited by Greyman

With AIRio in the f14

Are we able to use the Map marker to IP point or Surface target for Auto mode bombing? Or does Rio need to be in IP mode to use a pre determined bomb point?

Edited by NakedSquirrel

Modules: A10C, AV8, M2000C, AJS-37, MiG-21, MiG-19, MiG-15, F86F, F5E, F14A/B, F16C, F18C, P51, P47, Spitfire IX, Bf109K, Fw190-D, UH-1, Ka-50, SA342 Gazelle, Mi8, Christian Eagle II, CA, FC3

Probably a stupid question but how do i get jester to tun a specific VHF freq?

Radio Tune ### decimal ###

Just a little update on my problem...and Info to Hollywood_315..I just reinstalled everything and now Scan sector works in game, although when i test it without DCS running it doesn,t register new commands at all.Thanks to all for your patience

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

If I press ctrl+alt+c the vaicom pro panel does not appear.

What is going wrong..?

Thanks allready

make sure that VoiceAttack is running and that the VAICOM PRO profile is the active profile.

Edit: you could also check that keyboard shortcuts haven't been disabled.

Edited by Greyman