Low FPS (cockpit and external) with Oculus Rift

Tellurico

Hi all,

I am doing some extensive testing with the Titan X and the Oculus Rift DK2.

I found a good compromise between quality and performance and I created a benchmark mission I am using to test the various aircrafts.

I can keep constant 75fps (no judder) with every plane (Hawk and A10C included), even with cockpit and flood lights on, but there is no way to get the C-101 working at that frame rate, I always get bad judder which makes it unusable with the Rift.

The problem is mainly visible in cockpit view (as if there is too much geometry or it is not very well optimized) but also looking the aircraft with F2 causes the problem.

I can get to 75fps just in extremely sparse situations (over the sea for example) but as soon as I get close to an airport judder starts again.

Turning on the cockpit flood lights makes things much worst. Unfortunately, there is no way to shortcut the other light controls from the hotkey assignment panel and the clickable cockpit is unusable with the Rift.

It's such a sin because I love to fly this plane, I would really love to get a smooth experience as the other planes.

Giuliano Golfieri aka Tellurico

36° Stormo Virtuale

Italy

Edited by Tellurico

• 4 weeks later...
Probably because the C-101 is optimized for EDGE, not the current DCW World graphics engine.

OK thanks, I'll wait for DCS with EDGE even more impatiently now :)

? clickable cockpits work perfectly in the Rift.... set rift as primary and turn it on when mission is loading...

Thanks for the hint, I've always used the DK2 as secondary monitor :doh:, will try as primary :joystick: