[REPORTED] AGM-65F issues after rearm

BlueAngel

Hi.

I browsed the latest reports and didn't find this issue (at least not in a title).

Situation: Create a mission with the aircraft already armed or equip your set of AGM-65F via ground crew. Take off, deploy those weapons following procedures (IR cooldown, AG mode, Master Arm On, etc).

Then, RTB and attempt to rearm the same ammunition (or just take any AGM-65F on station).

Issue: After rearm, the AGM-65F will no longer show a IR cooldown countdown, even after reselecting the station or resetting the Master Arm/AG mode.

Further issue: After about 3 minutes, without warning the seeker will look like it's ready to uncage. However, if you fire this first AGM-65F, the others will not show the IR seeker video and wont operate. Again, no IR cooldown countdown is shown.

"The natural function of the wing is to soar upwards and carry that which is heavy up to the place where dwells the race of gods.

More than any other thing that pertains to the body it partakes of the nature of the divine." — Plato, Phaedrus.

You have to hit the step button to select another 65F.

I've noticed this only after rearming and returning to the fight

I'm not entirely sure I've done this. I'll have to try.

And, do you get the counter? Technically you would need to cool down the new missiles upon rearm. And it does look like they do it, it's just not showing this counter.

"The natural function of the wing is to soar upwards and carry that which is heavy up to the place where dwells the race of gods.

More than any other thing that pertains to the body it partakes of the nature of the divine." — Plato, Phaedrus.

I'm not entirely sure I've done this. I'll have to try.

And, do you get the counter? Technically you would need to cool down the new missiles upon rearm. And it does look like they do it, it's just not showing this counter.

Neg on the Timer Countdown. You basically have to look at the time you launch and wait 3 min

"There is an art … to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

Douglas Adams, The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy

https://www.cag-51.org/contact

Hi.

I browsed the latest reports and didn't find this issue (at least not in a title).

Situation: Create a mission with the aircraft already armed or equip your set of AGM-65F via ground crew. Take off, deploy those weapons following procedures (IR cooldown, AG mode, Master Arm On, etc).

Then, RTB and attempt to rearm the same ammunition (or just take any AGM-65F on station).

Issue: After rearm, the AGM-65F will no longer show a IR cooldown countdown, even after reselecting the station or resetting the Master Arm/AG mode.

Further issue: After about 3 minutes, without warning the seeker will look like it's ready to uncage. However, if you fire this first AGM-65F, the others will not show the IR seeker video and wont operate. Again, no IR cooldown countdown is shown.

You have to hit the step button to select another 65F.

I've noticed this only after rearming and returning to the fight

I've experienced both of these exactly as described.

i7-8700K (6 Core, 12MB Cache, 4.6GHz) 32 GB DDR4 XMP @ 2933MHz, GTX 1080Ti w/ 11GB GDDR5X, Windows 10 Pro, 256GB SSD, TM Warthog Stick & Throttle, TM TPR Pedals, TrackIR5

I've experienced both of these exactly as described.

Same here.

Also today I had the IR head slew freeze after firing the first AGM65F.

Also second AGM65F hangs and wont fire! Well it wont slew anyway so I cant lock anything!

It doesn't help having to assign a Throttle Designator Controller Depress before using the Designator up/down/left/right! Even mapping the slew to a separate joystick access and the controller depress button to the trigger doesn't help. Still freezes!

I have Rock eyes on the other pylons. At least those work!

This is DCS 2.3 release version.

Saitek X55 HOTAS. Second joystick is a Logitek 3d pro.

Edited by Accipiter
Joystick used

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]i7 Haswell @ 4.6Ghz, Z97p, GTX1080, 32GB DDR3, x3SSD, Win7/64, professional. 32" BenQ, TIR 5, Saitek x55 HOTAS.

Search User Files for "herky" for my uploaded missions. My flight sim videos on You Tube. https://www.youtube.com/user/David Herky