Voiceattack crashes

PhoenixRising

Lately, every time I play, VA crashes in the middle of my play session, after several minutes of working correctly. I am currently running OpenBeta, but I recently changed from stable, where I had the same issues.

Does anyone have any ideas of what could be causing this? I really only use it for DCS, so I am not sure if it is a Vaicom issue or a VA issue. Both programs are on the latest version.

Thanks!

I also have this problem, already reached out to Hollywood about it, but he had no idea what may be causing it. I've reinstalled VA, VAICOM all to no avail. It only happens with VAICOM installed, and I may be running another profile, as long as VAICOM is installed it keeps crashing from a from a couple minutes to over half an hour, but it always ends up crashing. Didn't use to have this problem I think only started to happen after .17 to .18 I think.

Yup my Voiceattack has crashed 4 times today. I am also having random issues with easy comms off when i manually tune a frequency it will force back to a default radio frequency on the manual radio channel. It is not working well when SRS is active either. It is like it is getting confused. The only way vaicom works normally is in single player with easy comms off.

I noticed that since i have easy comms off that when I get into a server that has it on it forces vaicom into that mode and it shows in the vaicom config window in the PTT tab that easy comms is on. This was causing the radio to revert to the Manual channel and a default frequency when I try to tune to specific airfield, carrier or tanker. It was reverting to a channel for the closest ATC which it says was a Hazard class ship that of course cant respond and just say go to alternate. As soon as I left the server and went into single player then it said easy comms was off. Still had some weird issue where the same frequency that was being forced in the multiplayer server was forcing in single player manual radio channel. I had to close VA and start it up again then it started to work and I could tune manually and get the airfields to respond normally.

Edited by BMGZ06

System Specs: 13900K, Strix Z790 Gaming E, MSI 4090 Sprim Liquid X  OC'd, 64gb Gskill Trident Z DDR5, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 SSD,. Winwing throttle, Winwing panels/MIPs and VKB GF3/MCGU stick, MFG Crosswind V2, HP REVERB G2.

I have been in touch with the VoiceAttack guys to investigate some reports.

But also with them any attempts to reproduce have come up short.

Instability is consistently not reproducible on reference systems.

Possible causes is guesswork ranging from dubious drivers to usb power scheme settings etc.

In any case it is clear generally that some user environments are more stable than others.

As a preview for plugin 2.5.20: this will have a VAICOM compagnion app that automatically restarts VA when it detects VA has exited during a mission.

This is hands-free so you you can continue flying your mission uninterrupted without user action required.

trayicon_orig.png

Grtz

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

I have been in touch with the VoiceAttack guys to investigate some reports.

But also with them any attempts to reproduce have come up short.

Instability is consistently not reproducible on reference systems.

Possible causes is guesswork ranging from dubious drivers to usb power scheme settings etc.

In any case it is clear generally that some user environments are more stable than others.

As a preview for plugin 2.5.20: this will have a VAICOM compagnion app that automatically restarts VA when it detects VA has exited during a mission.

This is hands-free so you you can continue flying your mission uninterrupted without user action required.

trayicon_orig.png

Grtz

Just a heads up, I can consistently get DCS to crash using Viacom by calling "platform" while in the F-18 Supercarrier Case III in the persian gulf. Doesnt happen in other maps or missions. using easy comms

Crash only occurs when calling through VA/Viacom. Keyboard commands dont cause a crash

Can anyone else attempt this and see if they get the same thing?

System: Ryzen 5900x, G.Skill 3600 32GB, MSI 4090 suprim liquid X, samsung odyssey+ headset 

Can't reproduce: works fine with both easy comms on and off.

Grtz

Thats odd. I ended up switching easy comms off, and the crash no longer occurs. Thanks for testing

System: Ryzen 5900x, G.Skill 3600 32GB, MSI 4090 suprim liquid X, samsung odyssey+ headset 

Having the same issue as sigfan86: DCS crashes consistently in Case III missions of Supercarrier when making the "platform" call. On my system it happens in PG and Caucasus map.

Do you happen to have an amd processor in your pc? I should have put up my system specs in my original post to see if its possibly hardware related or software/ settings related. It works fine when i turn easy comms off and use the select carrier command.

R5 3600

2070 super

32 gig trident z neo

Steam & game stored on sabrent rocket 2tb

Steam version of dcs beta & voice attack

• 5 months later...

Is it just VA / Vaicom that crashes or is it all of DCS?

are there any specific activities you have been doing just before the crash, or is it after about the same amount of flying each time

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal