Cougar/ TUSBA TQS stick on full AB

Hi, had to do a clean install to get my supercarrier module installed and in the process forgot to back up my saved games folder......D’oh.....:(. Anyway, just re setting all my controller bonds etc and found an issue with my TQS TUSBA2 combo, which was working fine before, basically, when in the jet, it’s stuck on full AB. Physical throttle movement has no effect , the throttle in the sim cockpit is stuck fully forward. Whatever mission I choose, it’s the same.

I have carefully removed all other axis assignments that DCS annoyingly assigns, so this is the only controller for the F-16 axis commands (why does the sim do this, it’s really irritating...)

So pretty sure there is nothing else in a position that could be causing this.

Any ideas what the issue is and how to stop? In the Real simulator software, everything shows as working as it should, axis goes up and down when you move the throttle, same in windows device controller, it’s not stuck in either of these.

Thanks

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

I have a tusba as well and I am about to connect it to my F16 TQS for the first time.

What stopped me till now was many people reporting calibration issues with tusba like yours for example.

But now I need to use it to enable the Idle/cutoff detents.

Anyway try to read here and see if it helps.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=273095

You seem to have a slightly different problem but may be it comes from the same source

That's my thread as well.... let me know if you need any help,

cheers

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

OH sorry about that

I didn't realize it was your thread

I hope you can find a way to fix the issue you have.

Today I installed my Tusba for the first time and it works as intended with the thrustmaster TQS so I don't really know what is causing the issue you have.

The issue I have instead is..

I mounted my TQS on a F16 throttle replica arm and I am about to install a throttle guide rail replica as well.

But for the moment I am not able to match the movements between the real throttle with the virtual one.

The virtual throttle reaches the mil and max afterburner before the real throttle reaches those gates

OK.....I have solved this...remember me moaning in OP about how DCS assigns axis to everything and mostly they are wrong?

Well I did not notice, but the assigned axis DCS had given the throttle was Rz, instead of Ry like it should have been. Changed this and voila, it all works as it should. Feel a bit stupid, but why oh why does it do this? its no help and can really f*ck you up......

Gianlu, what you describe can be done, see this thread here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=250033

Its a little complicated and I have not tried this yet.....

@markturner1960

Thanks a lot for the tip.

I have read that thread but it's quite complicated.

I might have found a better way

After reading your previous post I also assigned RY to the throttle axis and it's working very well !

Before reading your post I was using slider1 as throttle axis, and it was working well from idle to just before afterburner were it was all screwed.

I have read a bit the manual and even if it is not very clear I was able to figure it out.

Basically all the other axes RX RZ etc are used by Tusba for the detents.

You basically use RY as axis assigned to throttle in dcs and via tusba software you calibrate Cut off, Idle, Mil and afterburner

So now my throttle guide rail gates in the real world match perfectly the gates in the virtual world.

Hi Gianlu, that is interesting, Manuel at Real simulator advised me to not use the software points, when I was having issues getting it all set up initially, so I currently dont have these operational. I will try again using these.

Glad you are all good to go.

I would have preferred not to use them as well but I couldn't find any other way to match the gates in the real throttle with those in the sim.

If you are not interested in the gates you are good just by setting the min and max values.

But if you have a phisical guide rail then matching the virtual gates with the real ones it's a must.

Anyways I totally agree with what Manuel told you.

The first setup and calibration should be done only setting the min and max values.

When you have those properly setup you can start adding the cut off point and the rest.

It's quite amazing being able to turn on and off the engine like the real one.

IMG_2621.thumb.JPG.2c8d2b58c19453b598d0694ea985c244.JPG

IMG_2622.thumb.JPG.ba1dfece1af85d1c07cd515ca43e26d9.JPG