Whats after The 47 and the Mozzie?

EthanM

Did the Me262 get dropped?

It wasn't even mentioned on Kate's list of on-going projects .. we will be lucky if we get the Mosquito before 2020 ends. I look forward to the P-47 however, as it was a fighter used by my country :thumbup:

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

In theory the F4U-1D and Essex class carrier from Magnitude should come next after the P-47, but they haven't posted any news since Christmas.

Some time ago ED had a second WW2 map other than the Channel and the free map (Marianas) in development.

Me 262 was just recently confirmed as ED's most likeliest next WW2 plane after P-47 and Mosquito.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4316650&postcount=366

With all the incoming fire they are taking over the 256 merge, I suspect they are holding back future plane announcements as to not further enrage the masses.

The 262 was in works already though, and was part of the original KS plane list.

I hope that the next aircraft will be...

FW 190 F-8

Over a year ago, Nineline wrote:

DCS: Fw 190 A-8/F-8 Shrike Update

Progress remains rapid on the Shrike with a release set for later this year. The Fw 190 A-8 will be an excellent counterpart to the Spitfire Mk.IX and provide a period-correct aircraft for the Normandy map. The F-8 version will provide the Luftwaffe a capable ground attack aircraft to match the upcoming P-47D and Mosquito.

Ref: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3774154&postcount=180 (25-Jan-2019)

Hopefully now that the A-8 is out of early access, there will be some progress (and progress reports) on the F-8 to "match the upcoming P-47D".

Did the Me262 get dropped?

No, Nineline said a few days ago that they are still looking for more information about it in order to speed up development. I guess it will take a while and I hope that ED can develop a 110 or G-6 meanwhile as I assume these will be easier.

i7 12700KF | MSI Z690 A-PRO | Corsair Vengeance 2x16 gb @ 3200 Mhz | RTX 3070 Ti FE | Acer XB271HU 1440P 144HZ | Virpil T-50 CM throttle | Virpil WarBRD Base + MongoosT-50 CM2 Grip | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR 5 | HP Reverb G2

Bf 109 K-4 | Fw 190 A-8 | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | P-51D | Fw 190 D-9 | P-47D | Mosquito FB VI | F/A 18C | F-14 A/B | F-16C | MiG-15bis | MiG-21bis | M-2000C | A-10C | AJS-37 Viggen | UH-1H | Ka-50 | Mi-24P | C-101 | Flaming Cliffs 3

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | The Channel | Syria

We already have two Fw-190 variants ... honestly, I would prefer a totally new aircraft, for example a Stuka, or a soviet fighter, like the La-5 or Yak-9

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I hope they don't get distracted and whatever we get will be more in line with the current maps and existing aircraft.

A 110 or a Ju-87 would not make a lot of sense for Normandy or Channel map based in 1944.

A Tempest V, Typhoon Ib, Spitfire XIV, B-26 would all make sense and the Typhoon and B-26 are already on the roadmap. The P-47 in any Razorback configuration would be logical as would a Mustang III and both would be modifications of existing flyable aircraft.

A 410 and a 109G-6 would be relevant and the G-6 is already on the roadmap. the F-8 is a logical addition since it is a modification of an existing a/c.

Yeah... but... since the A is out already, we'll get the F much sooner than we would a Tempest or a Tiffie. As much as I'd love to see both in DCS as well, mind you...

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

A Lightning? Yeah, why not? The Mossie is a good testbed for ED's twin engine tech, so it could actually be a suitable follower once the implementation matures.

Edited by msalama

In theory the F4U-1D and Essex class carrier from Magnitude should come next after the P-47, but they haven't posted any news since Christmas.

Some time ago ED had a second WW2 map other than the Channel and the free map (Marianas) in development.

Me 262 was just recently confirmed as ED's most likeliest next WW2 plane after P-47 and Mosquito.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4316650&postcount=366

Yeah, the overwhelming silence as of late from M3 isn't really encouraging though. But they did mention some sort of hard deadline on the F4U for this year hence delays on the mig. My guess its gonna come out with the marianas map, but that conjecture on my part.

However the stuff they have showed with the F4U suggests that its fairly far along as of December or whenever they posted those vids.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

1. Spitfire flightmodel fix

2. Ju-88 Bomber and (Night)Fighter versions

3. Me262

4. More AI aircraft

imo :)

Kein Anderer als ein Jäger spürt,

Den Kampf und Sieg so konzentriert.

Das macht uns glücklich, stolz und froh,

Der Jägerei ein Horrido!

Spitfire flightmodel fix

What's wrong with its FM? An honest question. I've got the plane but haven't really flown it at all yet, so I've no clue.

Edited by msalama

Nothing.

Opinions... :)

Imo it deserves to be looked at, at least. Alot of people I talked to think so as well and when I compare the Spit to just about every other warbird it just doesn't feel right to me. I think the wings generate a touch too much lift and the engine is a bit too strong. But then again I've never flown one irl. But I guess Fenrir hasn't either ;) Since the Spitfire was one of the first warbirds it might be time to revisit it briefly and just check if it still holds up to current standards.

Edited by MrExplosion

Der Jägerei ein Horrido!

Engine to strong? it is the slowest of the bunch (not counting the I16), and prone to the same overheating issues as the other aircraft.

But still you can almost take off like a helicopter. It justs feels strange in places.

Der Jägerei ein Horrido!

For the record, Spit is the second latest ED-produced warbird in DCS, being followed by A-8.

The only thing it lags behind the others now are cockpit and windscreen/canopy textures - the rest has been either reworked later (Mustang, Kurfy and Dora), or released later (Anton).

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.