Tpod with GPS weapons, weird but workable

oldcrusty

OK, finally had a chance to mess with JSOWs in TOO mode.

I placed 4 targets around a waypoint.

JSOWs aligned and in PP mode.

Tpod working great... as long as I don't go to TOO mode... (Tpod gets locked on some random spot... or stowed (?)

Once I pressed 'WPDSG' on my wpt 2, the pod locked on it. Zoomed in, confirmed my first tgt. with TDC press, the offset cursor showed up. Cool!

Switched the JSOW to TOO and the coordinates showed up. Master arm on, fired when in range.

Moved the Offset cursor to another target within view. TDC lock and pickle. (I could see tgt diamond jumping over on the HUD)

Repeated for the remaining 2 targets.

The pod remained locked on my designated waypoint. I could zoom in and out.

All 4 JSOWs hit their targets.

Now, since all the weapons were gone I couldn't go back to PP mode again in order to operate the Tpod. For some reason I could only switch between snowplow and VVSL when in PP mode.

In order to undesignated the last target I had to cycle the power on the Tpod. When the power came back I could operate the pod with no issues. I'll play with it some more, there has to be a better way... or is there:D

As far as Mavs, both E and F - no issues whatsoever.

I can make a vid if anyone wants to see the crappy and narrow VR footage.

I think someone had said that there was some bug with the undesignate function, no idea if that has been resolved so this might be where your problem is.

DCS Modules: UH1H | F/A18C | FC3 | Hawk | L-39 | AV8B | Viggen | Combined Arms | F-14 | F-16 | Yak-52

DCS Wishlist

Tornado GR4

Sepecat Jaguar

Avro Vulcan

A1H Apache

I think someone had said that there was some bug with the undesignate function, no idea if that has been resolved so this might be where your problem is.

It is. On my follow up test I turned the FLIR power off after designating then undesignating a target with WPDSG.

The HSI was showing correctly but the tgt diamond on the HUD would not disappear. Heck, I shut off the INS and re-aligned it in the air. The diamond on the HUD was still there.

Turning the pod back on didn't fix anything. It wasn't stuck on the previous target anymore but I wasn't able to cycle it with pinky button. VVSL was not available.

There was one reliable 'button' that fixed the issue... 'quit':smilewink:

Edit: If you have at least 1 GPS weapon left set to PP mode The pod works great!

Edited by Gripes323

Try to cycle the tracking options, area, point and no track. It seemed to work for me. after that I was able to use undesignate again.

That was the first thing I tried... no dice.

Were you able to undesignate your last target after all GPS weapons were fired (in TOO)?

That was the first thing I tried... no dice.

Were you able to undesignate your last target after all GPS weapons were fired (in TOO)?

Cycling back around to OPR will at least make the pod responsive to WPDSG so you can bring it back to a target area, but doesn’t restore undesignate function. Also can’t get it back to OPR if the pod is masked so that can complicate it.

There's a bug in the current OB where selecting a JDAM and TOO mode creates a "diamond" that can't be removed, it'll be fixed

Any input on how the logic is supposed to work around JDAMs? Both in PP and TOO.

I assume with no designated target in either mode, pod is snowplowed/VVSLV depending on pilot input. With a TOO designation pod looks at designation, but can be slewed or offset? Allowing redesignation or designating a new spot for a different station (STEP)? Once the last bomb falls does the pod immediately snowplow or does it remain on the last system designation? The latter makes more sense (as the system designation presumably remains even if the bomb is gone), then can be snowplowed with undesignate?

Similarly PP mode - it’s been said a WPDESG shouldn’t be able to co-exist with a valid PP designation (though currently this is possible), does this mean a PP TGT is treated by the AC as a system designation? Does that mean the Pod then slaves to it as it would any other system designation? And again what happens after the last bomb is gone?

The TPOD integration with the Hornet is a little different from our other modules, so just trying to get a sense of how it’s intended to function.

Edited by Subferro

It is. On my follow up test I turned the FLIR power off after designating then undesignating a target with WPDSG.

The HSI was showing correctly but the tgt diamond on the HUD would not disappear. Heck, I shut off the INS and re-aligned it in the air. The diamond on the HUD was still there.

Turning the pod back on didn't fix anything. It wasn't stuck on the previous target anymore but I wasn't able to cycle it with pinky button. VVSL was not available.

There was one reliable 'button' that fixed the issue... 'quit':smilewink:

Edit: If you have at least 1 GPS weapon left set to PP mode The pod works great!

Me too :) I posted something like this in the Patch Notes board but it probably belongs here. Gonna try and record a video or at least a .trk to see if I am doing something terribly wrong, but my experience is very close to yours.. The JDAM TOO bug bit me hard. Gonna see if I can find any logic to the current TPOD without carrying JDAMS to complicate things :).

I could NOT ever get VVSLV back. Suspect it was starting out by selecting JDAM in TOO that messed it all up.

Edited by Recluse