DCS World Patch Notes Discussion Thread

BIGNEWY

I'm actually impressed, I'm seeing next to no losses with my usual stuff, haven't done much testing though.

Supercarrier performance isn't great, though my system is below spec GPU wise.

It is eating nearly all of my RAM so far on basic free flight missions with only a couple of assets.

Edited by Northstar98

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

You can configure the DCS updater to temporary download the files to a different place before installing them. To achieve that take the attached file and put it in your DCS installation folder. Then open it and change the path to wherever you want it to temporary download the files to when updating.
This is a very handy application to have when the need arises. Dcs is constantly growing in size with update.

Not needed now but will keep this somewhere safe.

QuiGon

Edited by Eaglewings

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

I got equivalent performance, but sweet jeebus flying the new ka-50 from the new kuz over Dubai in the evening was beautiful!

Before installing the update, I deleted all the shader files, so perhaps that helped

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

I never ran the Beta, only the previous stable.

Can someone explain this to me: (From the Patch Notes)

Added FLIR Pointing Modes (HUD Pointing Modes/Snowplow Pointing Mode/Velocity Vector Slaved (VVSLV) Mode)

Note: New Targeting pod pointing modes are in work, but were not ready for this update

So which pointing modes WERE added and how do you access them?

- I did see that WP SLAVE seemed to be working with a WP Designate, but I had trouble with VVSLV. No indication in the TPOD as there was in one of the Videos I saw when it was introduced in Beta. Some threads in the F/A-18 forum suggested a Double Tap on UNDESIGNATE entered VVSLV. I got that to work once, I think, but then couldn't re-enter..

Thanks..

I never ran the Beta, only the previous stable.

Can someone explain this to me: (From the Patch Notes)

So which pointing modes WERE added and how do you access them?

- I did see that WP SLAVE seemed to be working with a WP Designate, but I had trouble with VVSLV. No indication in the TPOD as there was in one of the Videos I saw when it was introduced in Beta. Some threads in the F/A-18 forum suggested a Double Tap on UNDESIGNATE entered VVSLV. I got that to work once, I think, but then couldn't re-enter..

Thanks..

See here:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Hey ED, can we get the torrent downloads back. Since I live in a part of the world, where DL speeds are not great, it is a real pain downloading 50 GB of 2.5.6 Update.

Rig - I7-9700K/GIGABYTE Z390D/RTX-2080 SUPER/32-GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE RAM/1-TB SSD

Mods - A10C / F18C / AV8B / Mig21 / Su33 / SC / F14B

This is the video I was referring to. In the current Stable 2.5.6 I do not see any VVSL option on the TPOD...hence my confusion.

at first i did not seem to have VVSL. you have to make sure there is no current target designation. undesignate, point the velocity vector towards the target and then designate. the VVSL option "disappears" again until you undesginate. hope this helps

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

• ED Team
Hey ED, can we get the torrent downloads back. Since I live in a part of the world, where DL speeds are not great, it is a real pain downloading 50 GB of 2.5.6 Update.

Can't promise torrents, but we are working on the DL speeds.

You can submit a support ticket with your region and external IP - the guys will give you some test URLs which may help us to improve the situation.

Dmitry S. Baikov @ Eagle Dynamics

LockOn FC2 Soundtrack Remastered out NOW everywhere - https://band.link/LockOnFC2.

at first i did not seem to have VVSL. you have to make sure there is no current target designation. undesignate, point the velocity vector towards the target and then designate. the VVSL option "disappears" again until you undesginate. hope this helps

Thanks. Will play with it. I didn't notice the VVSL option even when I first turned on the FLIR, sitting on the runway but maybe it is a WOW issue. Pretty sure that I tried UNDESIGNATING everything in flight and still didn't see it, but will give it another shot.

Can't promise torrents, but we are working on the DL speeds.

You can submit a support ticket with your region and external IP - the guys will give you some test URLs which may help us to improve the situation.

Already did that Sir, while trying to download Open Beta few days back. Could not complete the download, because of the speed.

Nothing improved. The DL speeds are still pathetic(220-230kbps). :helpsmilie:

Edited by apolloace

Rig - I7-9700K/GIGABYTE Z390D/RTX-2080 SUPER/32-GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE RAM/1-TB SSD

Mods - A10C / F18C / AV8B / Mig21 / Su33 / SC / F14B

Hi Folks, I am on OB but if you are experiencing FPS issues this mod may help temporarily. Not sure if it passes IC, you would have to check. It is unofficial so ED are not responsible. Best to back up your original files but repair will reinstate them if you wish to revert back to standard at any point.

The mod just renders distance shadows and ground shadows differently i believe and helps alot at low levels.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=268560

So 2.5.6 has now moved to stable. That's very... brave.

System spec: Intel i9 13900KF @ stock,  Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB GDDR6X, Gigabyte Z690 UD DDR4, Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3600MHz C18, Samsung 980 EVO 500 GB NVME M.2 SSD (system drive), Samsung 970 EVO 1 TB NVME M.2 SSD (games drive), Cooler Master ML360 Illusion CPU Cooler, Asus XG43UQ Monitor, Oculus Quest Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

Hello, why is the stable update a full download (more than 64 GB to download) and not a copy of the Open beta as before?

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - Intel I7 4790K - Artic cooling freezer 7 pro rev 2 - GSKILL 32 Go - SSD Crucial M5 120 go - SSD Crucial 2To - HDD western digital caviar blue 1 TO - Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming G1 - Windows 10 home 64 bits

I think their position is that the game breaking bugs are resolved... so it’s “stable”

I think that their position is "look guys, it's been months now and people are getting antsy, JFDI and hope for the best."

System spec: Intel i9 13900KF @ stock,  Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB GDDR6X, Gigabyte Z690 UD DDR4, Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3600MHz C18, Samsung 980 EVO 500 GB NVME M.2 SSD (system drive), Samsung 970 EVO 1 TB NVME M.2 SSD (games drive), Cooler Master ML360 Illusion CPU Cooler, Asus XG43UQ Monitor, Oculus Quest Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

Didn't do the last update for OB , as i read of a lot of targeting pod bugs (Hornet) .

So now i have the unusual situation of my stable build being later than my OB :)

Edited by Svsmokey

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Not in campaigns or missions. Aren't those all still broken because of AI taxiing?

Yes!

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Didn't do the last update for OB , as i read of a lot of targeting pod bugs (Hornet) .

So now i have the unusual situation of a stable build being later than my OB :)

I've read most of those, too, but I have had zero negative impact and it's been business as usual dropping JDAMs just as i did before.

Actually, it’s been 5 months and 5 days BTW!

Wait, you're right... shouldn't have posted from the future, silly me luna-trcv.png

EDIT: In a very basic free flight mission, in the Hornet, over water, I'm even getting better FPS than the previous 2.5.5 stable! surprise.gif

Seen that as well. Never had the rate rising above 45 in the Rift before, in the SC release version I had it somewhere between 50 and 60 over the water. I guess they might be able to squeeze out even more in general, as in some situations I still have less than in 2.5.5. Well, optimizing is a process that never ends twilightsmile.png

Edited by Eldur

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg