Viacom ProLocking DCS (Stable) at%

Mangrove Jack

Viacom Pro seems to be blocking load of latest DCS (Stable) at 10%. I have to keep repairing DCS.

VA and Viacom Pro both up to date. Voice Attack is in default drive "C"

Did not have issues until latest 2.5.6 update of DCS.

Viacom does say at load that "Using Registry entry for 2.5"

see file.

Currently cannot start DCS 2.5.6 unless Viacom Pro not loaded.

Any suggestions

1403532848_LoadProblem10percent.JPG.26e37cdd13a8fa6b958a040278844fab.JPG

Intel i7-7700@3.6GHz 16GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX1060 6GB

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4311067&postcount=5

Maybe check out the one for DCS getting stuck at 10%, ie the 4th one in the troubleshooting set

Thanks Greyman but no go on that. I had seen that post but as nothing special and had all worked up to last night I had not tried. So I have just set path as per your link. If that is just to the DCS install folder. and retried and still hung on 10%.

The Saved Game path and the install path are correct when VA loads. As is regedit path. It shows in the image I had posted.

Beta/stable basically meant 2.5.5 or 2.5.6. Yesterday 2.5.6 released on stable branch so you need to run beta settings for now (until next version of VAICOM)

Andrew just to clarify: so instead of putting switch to 'release' (in Config Tab) I should put it to 'openbeta' or wait till update released for Viacom Pro?

Definitely works on Steam (release version downloaded, VAICOM set to beta).

Not sure about standalone, I think it has some stuff like settings put elsewhere when running a beta branch. But if nothing else, you can switch DCS to beta as well, right now beta and release are identical, at least for a week.

Edited by AndrewCZ

I thin Andrew is right - you may need to enter a custom path in the box above the sliders otherwise VAICOM will be looking for the wrong key in the registry

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

I can confirm this worked. I had the same problem as the OP. I was able to fix by...

1) Viacom config Menu ->Config Tab ->Slider from 'release' to 'openbeta'

2) same tab -> check 'Use custom DCS path'

3) same tab -> set custom path to DCS install directory.

4) close voiceattack

5) repair DCS without resetting user modifications

6) launch VA

7) launch DCS

Afterwards...

1) DCS launches as expected

2) Communication menu no longer randomly turns on and off

Also I expect to have to revert this as soon as an update for VAICOM is released.