MAC (Modern Air Combat) Discussion

LCUChap2016

Maybe you should sign up for the Weekly News Letter.

Chances are good they would give updates there if they have anything to share.

:book:

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

It's been radio silence on the subject for a little while, I didn't know if there was any new information on the new title.

No info, but on this video you can see that Matt Wagner already is testing some Mac aircrafts, watch his dcs home icons:

eRfdCHcBWLk

So, its a matter of just being patient.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I'm hungry for updates myself - it is the product I'm excited about.

I do hope they will revise the weapon release for existing aircraft though (e.g. being able to set burst heights for cluster bombs, ripples for MDBs - even if it can only be done by ground crews it is necessary for effective employment - especially as cluster bombs get different default settings to suit the F/A-18c, A-10C etc. - planes that can configure them in flight).

There is also hope that the success of MAC could lead us to see some new aircraft that won't get full fidelity models soon (e.g. Russian aircraft are deprioritised, as are Eurocanards - which can't really be modelled at full fidelity for legal reasons).

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I’m interested to see how MAC turns out. The extended dev time also makes me think a lot of effort is going into it which is nice. I’d imagine attracting more casual players would have to mean pushing the VR aspect considering DCS VR is so awesome. The irony is that in VR a clickable cockpitis preferred so you don’t have a large amount of key binds.

Mind you with the new Jester F-14 UI being so good it would begreat if they implemented something similar in MAC. Maybe pushing the menu button just highlights different areas in the cockpit to turn your head to to active in a simplified menu form. That would keep things casual but at least move peopleinto the concept of working the panel areas should they move to DCS.

With low fidelity I would hope they can give us more modern craft. I imagine there are less restrictions when you dont need to have such detailed documentationon each aircrafts systems to model. I presume that more modern aircraft don’t give that info out so easily.

Id love to see them also do a helicopter version of MAC though :) I remember Gunship 2000 and Janes Longbow too fondly lol

https://www.youtube.com/user/creativeterror

Don't worry I got this... probably

It seems it hasn't been mentioned here yet, but in his guest appearance on the Alert 5 podcast Wags stated quite unambiguously, that MAC will be a standalone product.

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

It seems it hasn't been mentioned here yet, but in his guest appearance on the Alert 5 podcast Wags stated quite unambiguously, that MAC will be a standalone product.

Meaning that it has nothing to do with the DCS World? Not a module like FC3 but a standalone product?

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Not here but it's nothing new:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=228251

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

• 2 weeks later...

Release is planned, but I believe that they have time delays because all the modules that are going to be included in MAC, is required to be fixed before they can release MAC.

Like example look at the MiG-21Bis status, and you can see that it is not near the completed status. Lots of problems with flight modeling, weapons systems, targeting systems etc.

Cant remember if I read it somewhere or heard on a podcast, but Wags said that MAC has taken on a life of its own, and grown a lot from what was initially planned. And more importantly, MAC will not be part of DCS, it will be its own thing.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Was the Alert5 podcast with the Wags interview

https://alert5podcast.podbean.com/e/scramble-04-matt-wags-wagner/

45:02 minute mark.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

MAC 3? Shouldn't they release MAC 1 (and 2) first, before making MAC 3? huh.gif

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

If they do it as own separate product that doesn't allow operating with DCS world, then I think they went totally wrong direction with it.

Why?

DCS world requires new players, there are many who want to do it but thinks FC3 to be too old as they look it's release date.

And while it is true that DCS editor has serious problems in UI and scripting as well AI automation in basic level, IMHO it doesn't mean that MAC should be totally separated.

I have no reasons to buy it to anyone if it is not compatible with DCS world.

It would come with own menu, own missions and stories etc, more like a Combat Ace series, but all should be possible install it view DCS world as module as well, as a standalone.

So I believe they mean that you can install it separately without installing DCS world first, but you can install it as module as well....

While MAC could be a good opportunity to increase DCS World users mass directly, it can also add a new level of exploits by having easier to manage planes. How wil youl be able when you see a Mig21 for example, to diferentiate if it is the full module or the easy one? this could add an extra level of complexity which I don't think will be well received by older DCS fans.

On the other hand some tips could be left on their modules withh messages like... for full features go to DC World" :).

This will also need to have an affordable price to counter the quite high number of arcade games which are at 1999 level of play but with some better graphics. Again, in this context MAC might be able to cannibalize DCS World by adding a large number of planes at a lower price, so that no one will be interested anymore in full flavour modules.

These are some aspects that I think ED also assessed and even they've been rushed last year to announce it, they understood the cons of integration with DCS and they had act accordingly.

Romanian Community for DCS World

HW Specs: AMD 7900X, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, HOTAS Virpil, MFG, CLS-E, custom

Update

The release has been announced for autumn 2018...but there is utter silence from ED ever since...

Is there a release in planning at all???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well it is not MAC3. The game will be Modern Air Combat, yes a separate game as posted by others already.

Here is the update ED gave at the end of 2018:

"Modern Air Combat (MAC) Update

Since the announcement of MAC, we have been listening to customer feedback and we have been busy expanding the product to maximize your enjoyment. In addition to the 14 aircraft and four maps, we’ve been engaged with the following features that will bring the product to the next level flight game entertainment:

A redesigned Mission Generator that allows you to easily create exciting missions based on a selected mission type. This will provide a much more focused and fun gameplay experience that is designed around action and fun.

An entirely new interface. MAC will feature a very modern, intuitive and beautiful interface that will feel at home in 2018!

Taking advantage of the new Dedicated Server system, MAC will allow you to earn accomplishments and points that you can then use to purchase DCS World products. The new system has a detailed point-earning system that is also tied to leader boards and record scores.

Enhanced assists to help new players will come with MAC like auto-trim, navigation and target marker locations, and unified control inputs.

All of this will result in a much better product, but it has extended our development time. We look forward to bringing you MAC in the 2019!"

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

I will definitely purchase it. While I enjoy DCS as a SP guy I find it somewhat lacking, plus spending all the time necessary to even properly learn a module enough to be able to fly combat with it. I currently have way more modules than I will ever have time to learn.

I want something I can easily learn and be able to fly SP campaigns in without having to spend months trying to learn all the systems and nuances of a single plane.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I have no reasons to buy it to anyone if it is not compatible with DCS world.

Agree

i7 6700k / Gtx 1070 / 32GB DDR4 / SSD / Warthog / 2 MFD / Saitek Rudders / RiftCV1 / Rift S...

A10C / F5 / F14 / F16 / F18 / M2000 / HARRIER / FC3 / HUEY / GAZELLE / MI-8 / MI-24 / KA-50 / KIOWA / CB ARMS / SUPER CARRIER / PERSIAN GULF / NEVADA

They said...

So I believe they mean that you can install it separately without installing DCS world first, but you can install it as a module as well....

They confirmed already it will not be a DCS module but a separate product.

Do you remember LO:MAC? At some point, ED introduced DCS as a separate product where you would not need to install LO:MAC first to install Flaming Cliffs as it was designed initially.

Now, they are addressing the old LO:MAC users with the new MAC. Nothing wrong there.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta