Cant lock target in Mig 29 A/G

ObaMarc

Hey guys,

my problem is that the setting for locking targets is greyed out. I can keybind that in the Mig 29 C but not in the A or G variant. Why is that? Am I doing something wrong or is it a bug? And if so, how can I fix that?

Regards,

Marc

If this is still an issue for you, you might try repairing your installation. I have the keybinding available for all varients.

EDIT: I do have it available, if I go directly to the Control Options from the Main Menu. OTOH, I notice that the G model does not seem to be available as an A2G platform.

Edited by Ironhand

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

OTOH, I notice that the G model does not seem to be available as an A2G platform.

This is not a new thing, it's been like this for years.

I'd presume the German Air Force disabled any A2G weapon support when they modified the ex-DDR 29's for their service and they reflected this in DCS.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

This is not a new thing, it's been like this for years.

I'd presume the German Air Force disabled any A2G weapon support when they modified the ex-DDR 29's for their service and they reflected this in DCS.

:) I almost never fly the MiG-29's and I don't think I've ever tried to load the German version for A2G tasking. So it's something I hadn't noticed until now and caught me by surprise.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

:) I almost never fly the MiG-29's and I don't think I've ever tried to load the German version for A2G tasking. So it's something I hadn't noticed until now and caught me by surprise.

Yeah, I was (unpleasantly) surprised as well; just five years earlier.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!