In the future (datalink question)

macedk

Will we be able to hand targets between a-10 , f-18 and f16 ?

In a-10 to a-10 we have some cool features and even in the ka-50.

My thought is that dlink in real life might be super powerful but will we get anything in that area ?

The way that ka-50 works is super cool (might be simplified but still pretty cool).

The way the F-18 is progressing it is a mini/local awacs..the same could be said for the A-10.

Now since it's wireless it should be jammerble. Building a random fail in a computer game is tough.and 90% would be unhappy but it is part of the thing we are doing.

D'Link could be seen as a god's eye but it would in our sence make many more aircraft workable in multiplayer.

Keep at it DCS ...we blame and flame and but your product into fame ;)

CPU: Intel I7 7700k /Ram:32gb_ddr4

GFX: Nvidia Asus 1080 8Gb

Mon: Asus vg2448qe 24"

Disk: SSD

Stick: TM Warthog #1400/Saitek pro pedals/TIR5/TM MFDs

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

as far as i know YES we will be able to share and send targets to wingmen in the future via the datalink. ( the a10, f18, f16 should be able to do this, and im pretty sure we might even be able to send it inbetween these 3 kind of planes.. but we i think it first will happen in 1-2 years from now when f18 and f16 is finished in development. I think its a features we first will see implemented once the ground radar in f18 and f16 is in the game.. Until then our datalink will properbly only show friendly planes and enemy planes and not ground targets.)

I think you need intermediating gateways. F-16 is IDM (and L16), F-18 is the USN Link whatever, and A-10 is SADL/Link 11? Ground JTACs should have the capability to IDM or L16 to F-16 in most cases.

With AWACS around I think the various datalink technologies can be translated between. An A-10 SADL attack task to an F-16 L16 recipient should be possible if it goes through a capable gateway, I think.

As Frederf said, you probably need intermediate gateways.

Today there's the E-11 & EQ-4B BACN (Battlefield Airborne Communications Node). Starting in 2002-ish KC-135's had an optional or "opportunistic" gateway called ROBE (Roll-On Beyond Line-of-Sight Enhancement). Prior to that I think only the E-3, the JSTARS, and maybe the E-2C/Hawkeye 2000 were equipped with stuff like the JTIDS/MIDS/TADL-J to facilitate what you want.

I'm probably missing some platforms & acronyms, but depending on what era ED is willing to simulate thems the breaks for dissimilar U.S. aircraft passing info over datalink. Also I'm no expert, just an enthusiastic amateur so I fully expect that I've gotten at least some of this wrong.

Even a "simplified" range-based system where you gotta have an E-3 or E-2 around for it to work would be super cool. Protect those AWACS if you want the datalink!

| MSI B450 | AMD R5 2600 | TEAM 16GB DDR4 3000 | MSI RX 580 8GB | WD 500GB SSD | Hitachi 750GB 7200RPM HDD | Winblows 10 Pro 64 | 24" @ 1920 x 1200 | 19" @ 1440 x 900 |

As Frederf said, you probably need intermediate gateways.

[...] Even a "simplified" range-based system where you gotta have an E-3 or E-2 around for it to work would be super cool. Protect those AWACS if you want the datalink!

This would be a super cool feature that would make them AWACS even more important in organized missions. Would give a whole new meaning to HAVCAP missions :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Simming since 2005

My Rig: Gigabyte X470 Aorus Ultra Gaming, AMD Ryzen7 2700X, G.Skill RipJaws 32GB DDR4-3200, EVGA RTX 2070 Super Black Gaming, Corsair HX850

I thought f-16 at 4.3/Mt5 tape was sadl and l16?

And without gateway inter flight sorting still allows assignment, shows lock lines, shot lines, missile tracks, but for squadron or sharing among larger force awacs or other asset (many of which obliteron mentioned) was required.

just a dude who probably doesn't know what he's talking about

From what I've read the F/A-18 has Link-16 as well.

Windows 10 64-bit | Ryzen 9 3900X 4.00GHz (OC) | Asus Strix B450-F | 64GB Corsair Vengeance @ 3000MHz | two Asus GeForce 1070 Founders Edition (second card used for CUDA only) | two Silicon Power 1TB NVMe in RAID-0 | Samsung 32" 1440p Monitor | two ASUS 23" 1080p monitors | ASUS Mixed Reality VR | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind

A-10C Warthog | AV-8B Harrier (N/A) | F/A-18C Hornet | F-16C Viper | F-14B Tomcat | UH-1H Huey | P-51D Mustang | F-86F Saber | Persian Gulf | NTTR