Free face tracking - No lamps, reflexes or anything - that WORKS!

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Help me for ppjoy. I can't use only when the W7 64bit is on test mode. When deactivate test mode show this error .Can't open the ppjoy device driver .Please install ppjoybus.sys first. The error is the certificate of the driver. But i try to install that in manual. But any solution in this way. I try to remove the watarmark, but not solution. Why in my system there is this problem?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

To install and use ppjoy Windows must be set to test mode.

;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OS: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit - CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K - MB: Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero - RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB DDR4 3200 - GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX2080ti

Controllers: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals

Head tracking: FaceTrackNOIR+FreeTrack 3 Points Cap

VR headset: VALVE Index

I read on support PPjoy. It's run only with test mode. But in the video it's deactivate the test mode. Any people use ppjoy with normal mode. I don't want use test mode. Or i see beta 5 or final release of A10C to use wit faketrackIR or freetrack with any trackir fixer.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That's why I wrote that the video is not clear. It just shows you how to install ppjoy and return to normal mode. Stop.

You don't see that guy running ppjoy in normal mode.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OS: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit - CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K - MB: Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero - RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB DDR4 3200 - GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX2080ti

Controllers: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals

Head tracking: FaceTrackNOIR+FreeTrack 3 Points Cap

VR headset: VALVE Index

Is there any way to see or match the axis definitions on the three programs? In FTNI the values are displayed as you can see below (X, Y, Z, rotX, rotY and rotZ). It would be great to be able to read the values in ppjoy and DCS to see which axis correspond to which of the others, in other words if for instance a change in the rotX value in FTNI create changes in X Rotation in ppjoy.

I tried following Daniels walktrough but ended up having to start over in the DCS axis settings, choosing one axis at a time until they all matched. Perhaps this was casued by some snafu from me, but still annoying. I just noticed that Daniels instructions for setting up ppjoy has rotational axis first, then the non-rotational ones. Again, I have no clue to if this is right or wrong, but seeing that FTNI at least displays the non-rotational ones on the left and the rotational ones on the right got me thinking that I´m not sure that the axis are mapped correctly. The original post also have the axis the other way around in ppjoy (hope I´m making some sense).

After doing this one evening everything was wrong the next evening. Perhaps due to removing the USB connector for the webcam? I think this happened after I switched from a webcam to the PS3 eye. Had to start all over again. :(

To put it another way, when figuring which axis to choose in the DCS axis settings, is there a faster way than choosing one, then starting up a mission (I use a training mission), see if the virtual and real head movements match, end the mission, go to options, rinse and repeat?

Instructions for 64Bit version of Windows 7 Home Premium

1-Install PPjoy 0.8.4.6 as shown at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScuYfagMixU but do not deactivate Windows Test Mode or you won't be able to run and configure PPJoy.

2-In PPJoy create a virtual joystick and set it like this:

ppjoy1.jpg ppjoy2.jpg ppjoy3.jpg

3-Close PPJoy and deactivate Windows Test Mode. Reboot and you shouldn't see the Test Mode watermark anymore.

dseo.jpg

4-Install the faceAPI

5-Install FaceTrackNoIR v130 and Update4. Ste "Face API" as Tracker Source and "Virtual Joystick" as Game protocol.

Check the "Invert" fields as shown, don't pay attention to the numeric values now.

ftnoir.jpg

6-Start DCS A-10C and you should see the new joystick.

CLEAR every field in PPjoy column and set the axis as shown here:

a10ce.jpg

At this point you can use your head. :)

Tip: to tweak your settings, run A-10C in a window, not full screen.

This way it is easier to change the settings in FaceTrackNoIR while you fly.

I hope this can help! :joystick:

Edited by Tord Hoppe

• 2 weeks later...

My experience with facetracknoir and FC2:

Installed faceAPI.

Installed facetracknoir V1.30 plus Update4_20101103.

Tried the TrackIRFixer, but it said "cannot find code to modify".

Go to my bed very frustraded...

Next night, runned facetracknoir, set to faketrackir.

Run LOMAC 1.02 (older program, may be it is compatible, who knows). It worked! But i didn't made any tunings in facetracknoir.

Next, run FC2 (last patch), and it works again!

Cannot zoom in/out in the cockpit by the keyboard anymore. Using keypad 0 to see instrument panel. Joystick hat switch stopped to. A little slow to move view from one side to another. No up/down movement.

I need to fine tune it tonight (may be monday night, tonight is beer night!).

My system: W7HP-64; Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 2.83 GHz; Nvidia 9800GT 1Gb (SX98GT1024D3GVP); 2 x KVR800D2N6/2G 2GB 256M x 64-Bit DDR2-800;

Samsung SyncMaster T240M LCD.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Core 2 Quad Q9550 2.83 GHz; Intel Board DG41RQ; Sparkle GF 9800 GT 1 GB DDR3; 2 x Kingston KVR800D2N6/2G 2 GB DDR2 800; Samsung SyncMaster T240M LCD; Samsung HD502HI 500GB 5400rpm; Samsung CDDVDW SH-S223C; eXtream X-Raptor 650W FEX-65P14HE; Leadership Commander 6731; Clone Cobra 01654; Leadership Twin Turbo 1021;D-LINK DWA 510; WISE RJAC-323 Black Piano; Zalman ZM-F3 LED 120 mm; Windows 7 HP 64.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, i am very noob

i have installed facetrack noir software last nihgt,

It worked with Lockon and FSX, but i couldn't get back and forward movements worked.

doesn't it contain face api? or should i install it seperate?

and should i install ppjoy?

i have only lofc 2, not dcs products.

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

• 2 weeks later...
I'm using digital version and says:

pngwo.png

Yeah, i too got the same exact messages. One success and one failure. I can share my fixed newinput.dll file if it's legal.

EDIT: What's a "digital version"?

Edited by mig29

Yeah, i too got the same exact messages. One success and one failure. I can share my fixed newinput.dll file if it's legal.

EDIT: What's a "digital version"?

Flaming Cliffs 2 has two versions, digital (wihch is downloaded from Internet) and fisical (which you can buy in Amazon for example).

The trackir fixer do not work in 64 bit version ..Also hope to create the trackirfixer for that version.

Of course, I'm talking about 32 bits version.

Strange. I have Win7 64-bit and FC2 32-bit. But my trackirfixer fixed that newinput.dll. Please check if there is some misconfiguration in TracknoIR because the fixed dll is working fine with freetrack that I am using.

• 2 weeks later...

If you guys could tell me how you got IPP to work becuse no matter what i do i just cant get IPP to install correctley i am using Win 7 x64 and CPU's i5

i tried using the cmd line to install didnt do much and installing the faceAPI had no effect either.