[FIXED] LD10 hitting target causing crash

ShadowFrost

Shooting an LD-10 causes crashes when missile hits target (in this particular instance, target is SA-15 Tor). This only happens while in F1 view, as I watched the missile in F6 (ordinance cam) and it did not crash. It crashed while I was watching it in F1 (cockpit cam) view though.

The game crashes in such a way it is not creating a track file or log. Trying to get a log currently, if you have any additional information to allow me to get some useful files. Do let me know.

Note- Firing LD-10s in SP mode causes crash. ACT mode does not cause crash.

Note- You can turn RWR off (after launching in SP mode) and game will not crash when Tor is killed, at least in my testing.

Edit- I have recently repaired and cleaned the game (6~ hours from time of writing)

Edited by uboats

thanks for detailed description, i think it's enough for us to pinpoint the cause

we've already improved the hsd render code, hope it's fixed.

unfortunately, i didn't have such experience when i tested ld10 in sp since day 1 :(

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

thanks for detailed description, i think it's enough for us to pinpoint the cause

we've already improved the hsd render code, hope it's fixed.

unfortunately, i didn't have such experience when i tested ld10 in sp since day 1 :(

You guys are doing a great job looking forward to the patch -hopefully today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• ED Team

Reproduced in singleplayer, thanks

Edited by USSR_Rik

Men may keep a sort of level of good, but no man has ever been able to keep on one level of evil. That road goes down and down.  
Можно держаться на одном уровне добра, но никому и никогда не удавалось удержаться на одном уровне зла. Эта дорога ведёт вниз и вниз.

G.K. Chesterton

DCS World 2.5: Часто задаваемые вопросы

what could be the problem that i tried many times, cannot reproduce it :cry:

What i experienced is that when using a mission with only one radar unity Ld-10 was working fine. When i added more than one unity to test RWR situations it starts to crash. Test it with a SA-10 and another SAM elsewhere on the map

What i experienced is that when using a mission with only one radar unity Ld-10 was working fine. When i added more than one unity to test RWR situations it starts to crash. Test it with a SA-10 and another SAM elsewhere on the map

could you upload your miz?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

Shooting an LD-10 causes crashes when missile hits target (in this particular instance, target is SA-15 Tor). This only happens while in F1 view, as I watched the missile in F6 (ordinance cam) and it did not crash. It crashed while I was watching it in F1 (cockpit cam) view though.

The game crashes in such a way it is not creating a track file or log. Trying to get a log currently, if you have any additional information to allow me to get some useful files. Do let me know.

Note- Firing LD-10s in SP mode causes crash. ACT mode does not cause crash.

Note- You can turn RWR off (after launching in SP mode) and game will not crash when Tor is killed, at least in my testing.

Edit- I have recently repaired and cleaned the game (6~ hours from time of writing)

could you also upload your miz?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

could you also upload your miz?

Gotta love the mission name.

Let me know if you can reproduce now. To reference, I generally fired just two LD-10s in SP as soon as a Tor's radar went active, then turned 90 degrees and watched. Though I dont think the number will make any difference, that is just additional information that may help.

Edit- If necessary, I can also screen capture (record) everything that way there are no doubts on what I'm doing since it doesn't generate logs when crashing. Just let me know.

TrainingMissioadasdnJ17.miz

Edited by ShadowFrost