Flight model and other early impressions

AcroGimp

elevator trim issue

Hi all,

can someone confirm , that there is still a trim problem with Yak 52 after two years ! And I'm speaking of elevator trim ?

I have severe pitch DOWN tendency constantly, in ALL phases of flight ! Max trim UP makes no difference !? My stick is a MS Sidewinder force feedback 2. I will say this is not a stick issue as have tried with another of the same type , and still the same . I have made all the usual adjustments , axis settings , forces , solo flight ,dual , two blade prop ,three blade prop etc etc nothing makes any difference ... Thanks

can someone confirm , that there is still a trim problem with Yak 52 after two years ! And I'm speaking of elevator trim ?

Can you share a track ?

I don't have an issue adjusting pitch trim with a normal config and speed (200 km/hr).

I can't say if trim changes in flight are correct for the real aircraft but adjusting the trim wheel has the expected effect i.e. FFB stick moves back when adjusting nose-up trim.

As is normal the Force axis is swapped when using MSFFB2 (set in DCS FFB control properties) but if you have that wrong - pitch trim introduces roll.

Check that another axis / FFB device isn't interfering with your stick input i.e. rudder peddles, steering wheel, etc. and that Options>Gameplay "game mode" isn't enabled

Tested Open Beta 2.5.6.50793

Edited by Ramsay
Add note re: other controllers and/or "Game Mode"

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080