Mission 2 Bug

countermeasure

Hi,

So far, I am really enjoying the campaign but I can't get past mission 2. Partly because of my flying skills. However, I also think it needs a bit more feedback whether or not the cargo is "accepted" in the cargo zone.

Moreover, and thats the actual bug, Wolf 1 keeps sliding into to the small river and explode a while after landing. I tried to be fast enough to bring the four cargo items over the river but I can't manage it. I think it is a bug that shouldn't happen.

Did someone else see this as well? How did you manage this mission?

Best

Hey

broken cargo don't count in DCS.

But there is a solution to that problem.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4031564&postcount=16

Please refer to the designated Spring 2025 Thread above you find all the information there.

The cargo issue is also mentioned in the documentation, still missing in DCS but available on the DISCORD mentioned below.

Have fun. If you have any questions or you face any problem we are here to assist you.

It may be faster over the DISCORD but most tricky parts are already mentioned in the Thread above :pilotfly:

Always happy landings ;)

Hi,

Thanks for your fast answer. I finally managed to finish this level. You can't imagine how much I cursed you during every restart... :-D

Anyways, if your aim was to teach people how to handle sling cargo I'd say mission accomplished. I feel like an absolute pro now and only half of my cargo crashes horribly into the ground :-P

The fact that I played this mission at least 10 times now without giving up, also tells you how much I like your campaign so far. The level of detail you put in is absolutely fantastic.

Keep up the good work!

P.S. How could I not see a whole subthread about the campaign? I must have been blind...

Hi,

Thanks for your fast answer. I finally managed to finish this level. You can't imagine how much I cursed you during every restart... :-D

Anyways, if your aim was to teach people how to handle sling cargo I'd say mission accomplished. I feel like an absolute pro now and only half of my cargo crashes horribly into the ground :-P

The fact that I played this mission at least 10 times now without giving up, also tells you how much I like your campaign so far. The level of detail you put in is absolutely fantastic.

Keep up the good work!

P.S. How could I not see a whole subthread about the campaign? I must have been blind...

I forgive you cursing me. Teaching or forcing to learn was never intended. :smartass:

Every mission starts with an idea, and then comes the reality in the form of the Mission Editor. :cry: In the end, its a compromise.

But I am glad about you and all the positive reactions to the campaign that it is excepted as a challenge and not seen as a constant source of frustration. :thumbup::worthy:

Always happy landings ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Also having problems with this mission, but it have nothing to do with my piloting skills: since Argo and Oilfield campaigns, sling cargo on helicopter is not a problem for me. Tried mission once so far, and there is an absolute mess with cargo menu. It is unclear (for me at least) which cargo is which. I figured out what the tank is. Delivered. Figured out what the container is. Delivered. For the next cargo's (stuff in the net), tried to find the right one by cycling all cargo's one by one. Ok, got red smoke over one of them. Hooked it, made a turn, and suddenly mission closed, and last thing I seen, is ANOTHER red smoke over cargo that I delivered from Batumi port. In the mission log, there is only a message that pilot died, and only 50% is completed. Will try again, but so far I'm confused: what happened? It could be that I crushed cargo to the ground somehow, but I really doubt it - to my estimations I was high enough, beside I never got a cargo crashed message.

Edited by Lehmen

OK, I think I understood what the problem is. It is seems that there is hard order in which cargo need to be transported over river. This time I had delivered oil tank from Batumi (because there is no oil tanks on the station). Then I delivered container over the river. Then I delivered tank over the river. And then I hooked that stuff in net, and once again got second red smoke. But I misinterpreted it first time - it marks landing zone. And again I immediately died. To notice - in both attempts I saw that red smoke only when 3 cargo's were already in the landing zone (one that I delivered from Batumi, two that I hauled over river), and forth cargo is in the air. Also, this time I did it differently: on first attempt I never landed, second time I landed every time I needed to hook the cargo. Same result.

So, what is the correct order of doing those cargo's and not dying for no reason?

Edited by Lehmen

I did some reading, and now I know that mission indeed bugged and become a race again time. So, it need to be treated accordingly, no relaxing flying trying to do it as nice and smooth and easy on airframe as possible with those cargo's.

I'm sorry for the confusion regarding the transport task in Mission 2.

Especially because it could be so unnecessary. :(

There is special information about this " issue" within the campaign documentation, but the documentation is still missing even in this week's update.

We've been from the beginning totally aware that this mission is a challenge and maybe frustrating because of issues with broken cargo or time in regard to WOLF1 and his desire to take a bath.

So we intended to deliver the information and the solution in advance in The "Mission 2 Cargo Transport issues" document.

I would not say that these are bugs, because it is simply related to, how the mission editor works right now. With the upcoming AI update, landed AI helicopter may stop sliding on even small slopes.

The red smoke is for any reason a relict in the mission code from an earlier version of the mission and our efforts to solve the problem with broken cargo differently but has no effect at all to he mission itself.

You find the complete documentation on our DISCORD channel

https://discord.gg/CXCA7rf

Always happy landings ;)

Well, those cargo are not a problem when you aware that time is limited. In fact second cargo's are more challenging - at least you need to monitor EGT. Finished at first attempt when I was aware of time limit. So far - interesting campaign!

• 4 months later...

Worst thing about this mission is I move both pieces of cargo and get permission to leave (thanks for hints BTW, they really did help) and as we depart the area Wolf1 crashes on take-off and the mission fails!

I'm not able to get past this point. Can I request a different AI pilot for Wolf1? Maybe a sober one? ;)

Worst thing about this mission is I move both pieces of cargo and get permission to leave (thanks for hints BTW, they really did help) and as we depart the area Wolf1 crashes on take-off and the mission fails!

I'm not able to get past this point. Can I request a different AI pilot for Wolf1? Maybe a sober one? ;)

Do you use 2.55 or 2.56

Are you talking about taking off at Tango/Bravo Checkpoint?

Always happy landings ;)

No, this is at the power station. 2.5.5. I'll try for the third time and post my results.

UPDATE: I got past that point on the third try, Wolf1 took off and lead me to the next state.

Not sure what to say is that this is the hardest campaign I've ever played! lol

Edited by Mango

No, this is at the power station. 2.5.5. I'll try for the third time and post my results.

UPDATE: I got past that point on the third try, Wolf1 took off and lead me to the next state.

Not sure what to say is that this is the hardest campaign I've ever played! lol

Sometimes strange things happen. :noexpression:

If everyone has the same experience, please let me know, so we can look into it.

Mission 1, 2 and 3 are updated, but only in the 2.56 update if you have the beta installed also maybe you can copy the mission files from 2.56 to 2.55.

Always happy landings ;)