Still having issues binding RUDDER to Joy Z - Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

deadlyfishes

I'm only getting this issue with the F-14B.

All other modules are fine.

TMWH Stick/Throttle

TM TFRP Pedals

Track IR

So here's my troubleshooting process:

On DCS 2.5.5.32299 Open Beta -

Reinstalled TFRP Drivers/THMW Drivers, updated TMWH Firmware

Reinstalled DCS, Repaired DCS, Cleaned DCS, Reinstalled F-14B Module

Deleted Saved Games Folder so that a new one is created

Once all that is cleaned up and set, I go into the control axis, and remove "JOY RZ" that is already set up for RUDDER and change it to JOY Z.

All is good, I can play. However when I quit DCS and come back to the axis bindings I now see that the RUDDER line is RED. I see my control set to JOY Z, but it doesn't do anything. This RUDDER line for other aircraft is fine, and I can properly use JOY Z.

The only way I'm able to fix this is to delete the F-14B folder in Config > Input and re-do all my binds again (either manually or loading old ones).

This isn't really ideal. I know there are other threads with this issue, but the main problem here is that I've completely re-installed everything DCS and this is on a fresh Windows install as well.

dxdiag attached. please let me know if anything else is needed to look further into this issue.

DxDiag.txt

"Through The Inferno"

Endless, Dynamic, Open-World Experience for DCS World

Even deleting the entire CONFIG doesn't work. I still get the same problem after deleting it, making new binds and restarting the game. It works RIGHT AFTER I make the binds, but next time I run DCS, I get the error again.

For now, my workaround is a BAT file that deletes the proper Input folder and I just load diff files into the controls for the current session I will play. I'd have to load the diff files again next time, but at least deleting the input folder is automated with my start up of DCS...

100% same issue as this post here; https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3951246

"Through The Inferno"

Did some major troubleshooting here.

If I add any bind to Throttle BOTH on my TMWH throttle, the rudder axis line becomes RED and I can't bind it to anything properly.

This goes away if I set L/R throttle and remove Throttle BOTH from my TMWH throttle setting. I prefer to use Throttle BOTH since my differential throttles are slightly offset from each other and do not match 100% of the time.

"Through The Inferno"

Deadlyfishes - Saw your post in the other thread which you linked above.

I've got a different setup from you where i am using the TMWH Stick/Throttle & MFG Crosswind Rudder pedals. I use a profile that adds more DirectX controls to the throttle and it appears as a combined input device.

I've tried remapping the throttles left/right (which is how I have them setup), manually adding the axis for the rudder but none of it works. The only sure way for me to get this to work is to delete the input config folder (in the saved game folder) and then re-add the inputs (using saved profiles) every time I start DCS and want to fly the F-14B.

To say it's annoying is an understatement but I still have no other way to get around this.

Edited by Oesau

...every time I start DCS and want to fly the F-14B.

To say it's annoying is an understatement but I still have no other way to get around this.

Have you tried to make the file read-only? I'm curious if it works or make a DCS crash.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

DCS FIX PLEASE .....Rudder >>>>>> DCS FIX PLEASE

Deadlyfishes - Saw your post in the other thread which you linked above.

I've got a different setup from you where i am using the TMWH Stick/Throttle & MFG Crosswind Rudder pedals. I use a profile that adds more DirectX controls to the throttle and it appears as a combined input device.

I've tried remapping the throttles left/right (which is how I have them setup), manually adding the axis for the rudder but none of it works. The only sure way for me to get this to work is to delete the input config folder (in the saved game folder) and then re-add the inputs (using saved profiles) every time I start DCS and want to fly the F-14B.

I have the same setup.... same issue since last update or so ago......and it is indeed annoying. My :helpsmilie::helpsmilie::helpsmilie::helpsmilie::helpsmilie::helpsmilie::helpsmilie::helpsmilie::helpsmilie:issue is with all A/C

TiGGs

Deadlines..... I love the sound when they go whooshing by.....

Windows 10 Pro w WARTHOG HOTAS and Crosswinds MFG Pedals;

i7 9700 @ 3.8GHz, Asus, 16 GB RAM; NVidia GTX 2070 GDDR5x VRam11Gb; 500Gb SSD; Oculus Rift S and a partridge in a pear tree :punk:

• 2 weeks later...
I posted on the other thread but it seems like the problem is gone now (for me at least)

I get red binding on rudder and throttle when setting throttle both still. My only workaround is just to use differential throttle...

"Through The Inferno"

Guys, one thing to try. Please find your default hardware profiles in the folder:

DCS_main_folder\Mods\aircraft\F14\Input\F-14B-Pilot\joystick

Make a backup of the files and your current F-14 bindings!

Rename temporarily your hw-related files to whatever or just delete. Now clear your rudder\throttle settings (wherever the problem was) and rebind to test, and test again after DCS restart.

If no success restore the files and bindings from backup. It was a long shot but worth a try.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

• 4 years later...
11 hours ago, charlie said:

here's my issue, when I try to bind the toe brakes on my tfrp rudder pedals it won't bind, nothing shows up, any ideas?

Controls > F-14 Pilot > Axis category > double click on left/right wheel brake bind under your device column (TFRP) and press the corresponding pedal whole range and back.

On 3/27/2024 at 11:09 AM, draconus said:

Controls > F-14 Pilot > Axis category > double click on left/right wheel brake bind under your device column (TFRP) and press the corresponding pedal whole range and back.

If the TFRP is connected directly to TWCS then there will be no new device added - all will work within the throttle device column.