The Rookie Thread

RES. OF COCKPIT DISPLAYS controls only the resolution of ABRIS, Shkval and mirrors. The cockpit interiors and everything else in the game is rendered in the resolution selected in RESOLUTION.

Not sure I agree there. When I have it set to 512 every frame, it doesn't matter what angle I look in cockpit the guages are always clear, if I have 512 but not every frmae when I look at an angle they a slighlty blurred.....or is it just me??

"The sky is not the limit.....it's my playground!!" @paraglidecass

Just you, Carney ;)

Additionally http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1032377#post1032377

Cockpit displays performance test

dcs_cockpitdisplays_perf_test_average_fps.png

th_dcs_cockpitdisplays_perf_test_relative_fps.png

th_dcs_cockpitdisplays_perf_test_fps.png

Conclusions:

- not what one would expect - again

- the real choice is only between 1024 and 1024 every frame ; average performance difference ~ 11 %

Use the forum search function to find the topics dedicated to the issue of blurred cockpit textures. There should be at least one. Please post a link to the solution if you'll find one.

In the meantime you can start by...

2. Driver settings: Setting texture quality to other value than highest quality is not needed as I have never seen any performance loss due to this setting. IIRC when I had BS running with 35 FPS stable (no vsync) I couldn't even observe any difference. It's safely to say that even if there was FPS hit it was lower than 3 FPS out of 35.

At the same time the image quality is superior! Just set the highest texture quality and disable all texture optimizations. Take a look at the lighter areas.

th_dcs_black_shark_bucic_apr_2010_015_.jpg

Original ~3000x3000 image here http://www.mediafire.com/?am7hd2606akewks

th_dcs2008-11-1310-47-16-48_edit.jpg

Thanks for the help Bucic (I'll need A LOT trying to FLY this thing lol).

I think its got something to do with just the Gauges in cockpit.

And its not the end of the world, I just don't back camera to far back.

Strange thing is, backed out to blur, a different angel sometimes fix it.

My totally uneducated guess it's got to do with the glass on the gauges,

they looks crisper in Lomac and Flaming Cliffs 2.

I't could also be that they modeled from old looking gauges with

older glass and a little of "That Faded, Vintage, Look".

Hello.

Please help. Quite frustrated. I hate these rockets!

But in some mission i have to use them... How these evil arms works?

I found very difficult to align pipper on target. I am doing all things correctly? This is a quick description of what happen to me.

Hover ...

Laser on...

lock target...

start my run towards target

Autopilot on . Only altitude ( shift "A" ) disabled. The other autopilot 3 are on.

I try to align pipper with target but no way. Once i trim and left the trim button the copter slighly move up or down or left or right and i have to recenter the pipper...push rudder to center and trim with rudder decentered... now copter is flying with little yaw trim... i am also gaining speed...but i have to keep nose down so speeding up... more speed more difficult alignment... now i am near the tasrget to much... they drill me like a cheese ... i am down... again... HEEEEEELP MEEEE !!!!

Do I have to keep autopilot on?

What am i doing wrong? is there a secret alignment mode i don't know?

Sob

thank you

Kite

• Like 1

Kite,

First of all refer to the Rookie pilots - Quick Intro sticky, point 7, and the topic linked there.

Second, don't use autohover and don't mess with autopilot at all prior to rockets training.

Third,

IIRC, Tyger had a better tutorial for rockets, but it seems he has removed the vid. Or is it my memory?

You can find weapon employment procedures in the appropriate 500-page manual chapter.

Edited by Bucic

Hey Bucic.

I read manual 3 times but i was searching for tips .

You mean all 4 autopilot channel to be off during rockets launch?

I meant don't mess with them i.e. leave them at default configuration you get after [LWin + home] startup or when mission starts in the air.

• 2 weeks later...

can someone look at the attached track and tell me why a vikhr wont release at the end, i think im doing everything correct.

also cant i use a custom cockpit in campaign missions? when i load one of dragons training missions it uses dragons sharkpit 2.2 but if i play deployment it uses the standard cockpit

weapon.trk

also cant i use a custom cockpit in campaign missions? when i load one of dragons training missions it uses dragons sharkpit 2.2 but if i play deployment it uses the standard cockpit

The answer is in the FAQ/release notes for the mod. Also that kind of question belongs to the topic on the specific mod ;)

sorry for asking about a mod, any idea about that track though? its really annoying

you did not turn on weapons arm fuse release. its the silver or chrome toggle in between the jettison and ATGM jettison selector on your center panel PUI 800 weapon status and control panel; "armed / disarmed weapon jettison arming switch."

also you are having a problem controlling your aircraft by not using the turn to target correctly use it when you need to keep your heading stead on that direction of target.

you did however figure out how to use the HMS to keep looking and turning you camera which is slaved to your turn to target button.

good effort keep on trying. :thumbup:

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

is that all i am missing? i have run the track again taken control turned on weapon arm fuse and it still wont fire

could the mission i am playing affect my ability to release weapons? im playing dragons trainingpack standard weapons as a sp mission, they are supposed to be mp missions

is that all i am missing? i have run the track again taken control turned on weapon arm fuse and it still wont fire

could the mission i am playing affect my ability to release weapons? im playing dragons trainingpack standard weapons as a sp mission, they are supposed to be mp missions

I think your missing something in the HUD did you hit the y key for the Vhkris?

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

• 1 month later...

I....I....I don't believe it.

When I first bought this I was totally overwhelmed. I read and read and read again the "how to take off and blow stuff up" tutorial. I finally managed to get some control of the heli and got the weapons employment pretty much down. Feels fantastic! It's a shame communication is a little stymied by my lack of a working F7 key.

That was one of the best moments in gaming!

Now to re-learn the start up procedure. And to learn more about the shark and the A10 :D

I'm in a great mood tonight!

One thing though. How do you turn the HUD back to a more nav friendly mode after having used the weapons?

Edited by Rusty_M

really? I thought it was to do with the cheap keyboard, and an unfortunate incident involving Irn-Bru!

Edit: my brain was not engaged last night. I must have been tired from all the sim-learning. I only now realise you were talking about BS and not my messed up keyboard!

Edited by Rusty_M

Your F7-key is not working because the track-ir is intercepting that keypress and doesn't let it get through to the sim. I think you need to uncheck the trap-checkbox for F7 in your profile in the TrackIr-software.

For landings : same as for everything else : practice, practice, practice. What problem exactly are you having ?

Edited by bengo

i7 6700k/GTX1070-8G/MSI-Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon/32GB DDR4 Kingston HyperX PREDATOR DDR4 3000MHZ Vengeance 1600/TM Warthog #6106/Samsung SB350_S27B350H/OCZ Agility3 SSD 128GB / Win10-64/TIR5

or just change the hot keys to shft-F7, shft-F10, shft_F12.

• Like 1