Logbook Data missing

Krazee

I have recently visited my logbook and it appears to have been reset...months of flight logging and data is no longer there. 1000's of hours logged in various aircraft, medals all gone. Even noticed my campaigns have been restarted, set to the beginning. The campaigns I'm not so bothered about. I thought the point of a saved games folder is to save information. I didn't think updates touched that information.

When 2.5 was released, everyone was warned that the logbook would be reset and so we were advised to backup the files. But that was because it was a major change. We haven't had a major change like that, since...have we? Oh well. It doesn't bother me too much but it would be nice to know why it was necessary to replace my files.

In a recent update, it mentions the logbook will now work with the Yak-52. Was this the update that killed my data?

I've also noticed there are a lot more squadrons listed in the logbook, far more than I remember seeing. Mostly under USA but I haven't checked anywhere else.

I guess I need to start backing up the saved games folder. Anyone else lost their data or is it something else I've done wrong?

Hardware:

Intel i9 7920X@4.2

EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra Hybrid

128GB DDR4 3200

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + PENDUL_R Rudder

VIRPIL MongoosT-50CM2 + Base

HP Reverb Pro

I have recently visited my logbook and it appears to have been reset...months of flight logging and data is no longer there.

The logbook, in spite of its name, isnt really logging .. its more of a running totalizer. I replaced it with my own Excel spreadsheet, that I update at the end of each flight (with help of data from Tacview) ... this way I can actually see what missions I've flown on each aircraft, not just the total hours and total kills :) ... it looks like this:

l7az24L.jpg

... I didn't think updates touched that information.

I've never had an update mess with my Logbook before. Are you sure that you are still using the same Pilot?

When 2.5 was released, everyone was warned that the logbook would be reset and so we were advised to backup the files....

You dont backup your user's folder regularly? I backup mine once per month, and critical data is in the cloud, where it keeps a backup of every changed file.

I guess I need to start backing up the saved games folder. Anyone else lost their data or is it something else I've done wrong?

My logbook is still intact, didnt notice anything out of place .. I have Openbeta with the latest updates.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

All was not lost. I did a search for logbook.lua on all my drives and I found my old Mission Editor folder with my logbook still intact... on my desktop. I look at the desktop everyday when the computer starts so how I missed it and further more, how it got there... I have no clue. Still, it made me think about backup so all is good with the DCS World.

Hardware:

Intel i9 7920X@4.2

EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra Hybrid

128GB DDR4 3200

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + PENDUL_R Rudder

VIRPIL MongoosT-50CM2 + Base

HP Reverb Pro

• 1 month later...
I did a search for logbook.lua on all my drives and I found my old Mission Editor folder with my logbook still intact...

I'm glad you posted that information.

I am on the tail end of a new complete re-install of everything (new gaming rig) and found my Pilot Logbook to be blank.

Knowing what file to look for (on my old HDD's) helped me recover my logbook stats.

So thanks for that.

SnowTiger:joystick:

• 3 years later...

This just happened to me.  I just opened up DCS and my Logbook is blank.  My pilot's profile is gone, all my stats are zero'd out, and all medals gone.

I searched my hard drive for anything called logbook.lua but it turned up zero results.  anyone else have this happen recently and know what the fix is?  

It should be in your savedgame/dcs directory  in the mission editor folder

Did you just migrate feom open beta to stable or vice versa? Or have both on your machine ?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE