2.5 settings and Nvidia Control Panel

Hey guys,

After a little bit away, a brand new rig and the release of 2.5 has me coming back.

Can anyone point me towards good settings for the in game menu and the Nvidia Control panel? I have a pretty good rig with the i7 7770k, 1080ti, 16g of ddr4.

Thanks a lot!

I forgot all the tricks and thought this might be a decent thread to make with the advent of 2.5 and, probably, a number of new DCS owners as well as people like me that are coming back.

Thanks again.

I just play the sim in 4k maxed out with no issues, no need to tweak anything really

Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i9 9900k, Asus ROG Maximus Code XI Z390, 64GB DDR4 3200 RGB, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS 2080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick / FA-18C TM Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals. HP Reverb

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lead Terrain Developer / Texture Artist

I just play the sim in 4k maxed out with no issues, no need to tweak anything really

Yup, I'm not getting any fps issues at 1440, but I am getting some pretty serious AA issues. When I Jack up the AA settings to max, my FPS drops to around 15, one notch back, I'm at 80-90, but some nasty jaggies are back.

Thought there might be a trick I'm not aware of.

Edited by JughedJones

• 2 weeks later...

What about Nvidia settings for DCS in general? I have yet to set mine up properly. Had an offer for help a few months ago but no real help after contact. My rig: i7 4790k 4.0 ghz, Zoltac GTX 980 4G, 16gb RAM with a solid state hard drive.

So far all I can tell is that any MSAA kills my frames and creates a stutter. I have been using the same area of the map for testing whilst flying Viggen for all of my test hops so that I can gauge my results effectively. I would really like some help on this please!!

~Rob

There's a number of threads on optimisation, but if you're struggling on frame rates, the optimum seems to include:

Disable: MSAA

Shadows: Flat

Do enable: Deferred shading (cos it looks ace)

Visibility: Long

Water: High (as it appears to have little impact and also looks ace)

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

I do have those settings set in game. I have a nice set up that I think is balanced and runs pretty smooth, even in an area clogged with trees; turning off MSAA and setting my shadows to flat were exactly what did it for me.

I'm looking for a fine tuning set up for the Nvidia control panel at this point! I'd like to be able to hold the in game settings I have at a steady 60fps. Currently I seems to drop into the 40's around heavy trees and towns but it still runs smooth as silk, so my settings aren't crazy nice, but they look good enough to me. The other thing is I have my preload turned up for this teting, but I really keep it turned way down on ops as I flew Huey for my unit, and down low and slow there is no need for crazy view distance or preload.

I use NVidia's special AA in Nvidia Inspector 'Antialsiasing' dropdown',

SUPERVCAA 64X 4v 12

best performance/quality AA trade-off,

even a bit better than NVidia's 16x CSAA

2cts

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

I use NVidia's special AA in Nvidia Inspector 'Antialsiasing' dropdown',

SUPERVCAA 64X 4v 12

best performance/quality AA trade-off,

even a bit better than NVidia's 16x CSAA

2cts

You can make a screenshot of the SUPERVCAA 64X 4v 12 thank you.

🖥️MSI PRO Z690-A DDR4, Kingston 3600 MHz 64 Gb, i5 12600K, Gigabyte RTX 4090, Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus,🕹️VKB NXT Premium.

+1 for the screen shot - I see the above one but I don't see the same settings in my Nvidia control panel under either tab, this is only like my 3rd time getting into the Nvidia control panel lol......kinda handicapped! I will turn on the FXAA for now and see what happens - what specifically should the setting be?

A list for global and the DCS program settings would be super helpful actually!

~Rob

Edited by Robert31178

Hey, guys

Do you have any idea why AA settings in Nvidia CP or Nvidia Inspector are not affecting DCS at all?

Only Reshade FXAA and SMAA are working

YouTube || Copycats - technology and product clones (primarily aviation) || dgrigoriev.com
SPECS: i7 8700K (OK 5GHz), 2xGTX 3080ti, 64GB RAM, 1Tb SSD, WIN 10, 2560x1440, Oculus Rift CV1 || TM Warthog, TIR5, MFG Crosswind pedals

With SUPERCVAA set to enhance and DCS MSAA set to 2x I get the exact same antialising and framerates as with NCP set to application controlled.

Even turning antialiasing completely off I only get 45fps on the ramp.

Edited by Nealius

I was under the impression from numerous post that Nividia inspector settings have no effect.

Can someone confirm or deny this? I really hate chasing these Holy Grail placebo settings only to find out I could have been flying instead.

And if they DO, which ones?

Even though it does work with "enhance" selected, DCS MSAA is such a performance killer it almost makes the NCP tweaks pointless for mid-range setups like mine. It seems like you can only take advantage of them if you have a GTX1080 or higher.

Edited by Nealius