Moar dakka pls?

schurem

Yea I wish ed would include an armed version that has gun pods and/or rocket pods. Ie yak52b.

They did this for the l39 jet trainer first including the basic l39c followed by the better armed l39za light attack version.

Unfortunately they started there are no plans for a armed yak52.

Quite disappointed as imo a late 1970s - present unrmed piston trainer is not worth 40 bucks

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Afaik the Yak-52B never made it into service and the project has been cancelled in 1983 due to the aircraft being too light to operate weapons plus the extra weight and drag having a tremendous impact on it's range which isn't very high anyway. Weapons tested were the UB-32 pods, UPK-23-500 and those YakB/GShP pods that we can put on the Mi-8 (the ones are shown on that photo above).

I wouldn't mind having one though, but I huess it's better to put the ressources into other modules. The Yak-52 is a test bed after all with the bonus that we can take her for a stroll now.

And I paid ~25€ for it... it's possible to spend bonus on it which was the first time I actually did that. Had lots of it, but I totally forgot my SA and it expired early this year ('cos I did't buy the Gazelle, that would have saved it). So I thought I'd spend some of the bonus I got for getting the Hornet and PG map.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Afaik the Yak-52B never made it into service and the project has been cancelled in 1983 due to the aircraft being too light to operate weapons plus the extra weight and drag having a tremendous impact on it's range which isn't very high anyway. Weapons tested were the UB-32 pods, UPK-23-500 and those YakB/GShP pods that we can put on the Mi-8 (the ones are shown on that photo above).

I wouldn't mind having one though, but I huess it's better to put the ressources into other modules. The Yak-52 is a test bed after all with the bonus that we can take her for a stroll now.

And I paid ~25€ for it... it's possible to spend bonus on it which was the first time I actually did that. Had lots of it, but I totally forgot my SA and it expired early this year ('cos I did't buy the Gazelle, that would have saved it). So I thought I'd spend some of the bonus I got for getting the Hornet and PG map.

how is the Yak52 a test bed? for what? just because it uses a radial engine instead of a piston driven engine?

It might earned the label of be the first full fidelty Propeller driven Trainer in DCS, but it certainly does not offer anything new technology in other respects, as we have already had Propellor driven aircraft ( warbirds) and trainers already, albeit JEt powered ones beforehand.

IRRC the Yak52 came into being largely because ED ( as per official statement) had a professional contract to develop one for a client, and simply decided they may as well also include it for consumer grade simulation market ( IE DCS)

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Afaik the Yak-52B never made it into service and the project has been cancelled in 1983 due to the aircraft being too light to operate weapons plus the extra weight and drag having a tremendous impact on it's range which isn't very high anyway. Weapons tested were the UB-32 pods, UPK-23-500 and those YakB/GShP pods that we can put on the Mi-8 (the ones are shown on that photo above). [...]

on every other aircraft i can immediately understand, that the devs don't put in those super rare, experimental or quasi-unrealistic configuration, only because the fanbase wants "more of everything".

however in the yak's case, i feel it would make so much sense to add it. i already assumed that the 52b was not a great success in real life, simply by looking at the pictures, however in a module that is solely about flying itself, those weight and drag characterisctics could really add to the experience:

i could even imagine a whole campaign, where you do the evaluation for the yak-52b as a test pilot, eventually coming to the conclusion, that it sucks but still having to fly it in a final combat sortie (exagerated for dramatic purpose).

i don't however know, if the 52b has any siginificant modifications apart from the pylons: additional electronics aka nav lights? more radios? reinforced wings? additional wiring/cockpit buttons?

if it's really only the pylons and nothing else, i cannot even slightly understand, why ED is hesitant with the B...

how is the Yak52 a test bed? for what? just because it uses a radial engine instead of a piston driven engine?

It might earned the label of be the first full fidelty Propeller driven Trainer in DCS, but it certainly does not offer anything new technology in other respects, as we have already had Propellor driven aircraft ( warbirds) and trainers already, albeit JEt powered ones beforehand.

IRRC the Yak52 came into being largely because ED ( as per official statement) had a professional contract to develop one for a client, and simply decided they may as well also include it for consumer grade simulation market ( IE DCS)

Well, they were boasting numeorus times about their very first air-cooled engine simulation with scratch build cooling modelling used here and how it would be a testbed for upcoming Thunderbolt, so at least that part is something new in their franchise.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
It would be nice, especially smoke rockets so i can use it as a FAC. Also a proper damage model and a pilot in the other seat would be nice so it doesn't look like a ghost is flying when I do multicrew.

I agree: Damage model (even if not super sophisticated) and multicrew pilot models are very much needed and would be a more logical addition than the armament at the moment...

Guns would still be great!