Bf-109K-A Engine Start UP

chuckgrimes

The procedure is so dummy-proof and well explained in manual and/or Chuck Owl's guide, that you can't go wrong with either of these. Unless You forgot something obvious (one of circuit breakers on the right? Some of them are not well visible and can be skipped by mistake) or don't wait long enough for inertia starter to spool up (you can hear when it's maxed out), or don't keep the starter switch pressed long enough.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

My "checklist":

1. Switch on circuit breakers (right side panel)
  2. Switch on oxygen supply (blue valve, right side bottom)
  3. Switch on fuel supply (button under throttle handle)
  4. Switch on magnetos (front panel in front of throttle)
  5. Switch on propeller automation (small button below throttle)
  6. Call Ground Crew -> Inertia Starter
  7. Pump fuel pump 12 times for fuel pressure (red button in left side bottom, manometer on front panel, top right side)
  8. Lift cover and pull starter handle until engine started (Front panel over landing gear buttons)
  9. Close cockpit cover and go :)

Usually that does it. ;)

System specs:

Gigabyte Aorus Master, i7 9700K@std, GTX 1080TI OC, 32 GB 3000 MHz RAM, NVMe M.2 SSD, Oculus Quest VR (2x1600x1440)

Warthog HOTAS w/150mm extension, Slaw pedals, Gametrix Jetseat, TrackIR for monitor use

Sport

Thanks for your checklist, got it started.

Chuck

NP mate.

Next problem shows up at the runway. :D

Good luck. :)

System specs:

Gigabyte Aorus Master, i7 9700K@std, GTX 1080TI OC, 32 GB 3000 MHz RAM, NVMe M.2 SSD, Oculus Quest VR (2x1600x1440)

Warthog HOTAS w/150mm extension, Slaw pedals, Gametrix Jetseat, TrackIR for monitor use

I would say next problem is taxiway :D
:D :D :D :D Don't be shy, next problems list,

-taxiway

-taking off

-not breaking the engine

-aiming/firing targets

-avoiding being fired

-landing in one piece

-taxiing again

-be alive

:lol:

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

• 2 years later...

Unable to start BF-109

Hi there,

For some reason I'm unable to start the bf-109 anymore not sure what the issue is.

I'm starting off on the ramp with no power.

I've followed the steps below with no luck.

Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks

1. Switch on circuit breakers (right side panel)
  2. Switch on oxygen supply (blue valve, right side bottom)
  3. Switch on fuel supply (button under throttle handle)
  4. Switch on magnetos (front panel in front of throttle)
  5. Switch on propeller automation (small button below throttle)
  6. Call Ground Crew -> Inertia Starter
  7. Pump fuel pump 12 times for fuel pressure (red button in left side bottom, manometer on front panel, top right side)
  8. Lift cover and pull starter handle until engine started (Front panel over landing gear buttons)
  9. Close cockpit cover and go

1 Switch on circuit breakers (right side panel)

2 Switch on oxygen supply (blue valve, right side bottom)

3 Switch on fuel supply (button under throttle handle)

4 Switch on magnetos (front panel in front of throttle)

5 Switch on propeller automation (small button below throttle)

6 Call Ground Crew -> Inertia Starter

7 Pump fuel pump 12 times for fuel pressure (red button in left side bottom, manometer on front panel, top right side)

8 Lift cover and pull starter handle until engine started 8 (Front panel over landing gear buttons)

9 Close cockpit cover and go

I went through all the steps up to run enertial starter and no replay.

Any other ideas! Thanks in advance

I´ve just told you. 12 fuel pumps is to much. You are drowning the engine.

Use 4-5 pumps.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Just use 0 like Birdstrike said. There has been no need for the pump for a while and using it usually just makes things worse.

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

I went through all the steps up to run enertial starter and no replay.

Hang on... do you mean there is no reply when you ask to "run the starter"? In other words, you ask to "run the starter", but the ground crew do not say "copy/clear" nor do they do anything?

It might be related to the radios?

Or perhaps to the coalition to which the airfield belongs?

you can bind the inertial starter to a button as well. Then you don't have to worry about weird comms things.

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

Sorry forgot to remove #7 pump fuel, did not pump fuel at all, even tried pumping fuel 4 - 5 times instead, still no go.

1 Switch on circuit breakers (right side panel)

2 Switch on oxygen supply (blue valve, right side bottom)

3 Switch on fuel supply (button under throttle handle)

4 Switch on magnetos (front panel in front of throttle)

5 Switch on propeller automation (small button below throttle)

6 Call Ground Crew -> Inertia Starter. NO REPLY FROM GROUND CREW

Bind the inertial starter to a button somewhere. It should be called "signal starter crew" or something. Then it works everywhere and you don't need to be at an airfield or have the communications options set properly.

9./JG27