Which DCS module has the best flight model?

Fred00

Purely from the fun aspect of it - Mi-8 all the way. It's one of the modules that just flying it gives a lot of fun. With every other aircraft after a while I wan't to switch to some other tasks. L-39, Spitfire and MiG-21 (love that fast landings) from the fixed wing units. MiG-15 and Sabre are also quite fun to fly. A-10C for me is the least of the pilots plane - the only one that can take a bird strike to the back of the engine :D

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

This just got added to the update this week...does this mean the AJS-37 now has an all English cockpit?

'Added customized cockpit support (EN Cockpit incoming!)'

Has anyone tried this all English mod...how is it?

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=183175

I tried using the English cockpit. It worked well. It was however, the mod, and not a Heatblur update. Unfortunately, it also fails the integrity check in multiplayer. I had to delete it to use any module in multiplayer, not just the AJS-37.

Additionally, the flight models for the Huey and the Gazelle have been updated. They are both "less twitchy."

Edited by Balzarog
Additional information.

When all else fails, READ THE INSTRUCTIONS!

i-7 8700K Coffee Lake 5 GHz OC CPU, 32GB Corsair 3200 RAM, GTX1080 Ti 11Gb VRAM. Controls - Thrustmaster Warthog H.O.T.A.S., Saitek Pro rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Oculus Rift S, Rift CV1

Huey......lol but I am the CSAR guy in my unit and pretty much fly only that, so.....

My point for writing that is because It's subjective. I happen to be better at flying this helicopter better than the other's and better than I can a fixed wing a/C. You should decide what you think is neato and buy it. You may or may not be happy with it, hell I have buyer's remorse for two modules I never fly, but at least you'd know for yourself.

That’s all up to the flight simmer so you are going to get infinite answers on this.

I’m a fixed wing tricycle or bicycle type of guy.

My personal faves as of now is as follows

1) My first choice is the harrier because it is a lot of fun right now even it is an early release

2) the new release SU33 because I’m prepping to be good at carrier ops for the Hornet or Tomcat

3) L39C because it is unique to fly well

Hope this helps

Cheers

Lucky

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

LUCKY:pilotfly::joystick:

Computer Specs

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 6-Core 3.4 GHz| GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 6Gb | RAM: 32 GB DDR4 @ 3000 MHz | OS: Win 10 64 bit | HD: 500 Gb SSD

Unfortunately, it also fails the integrity check in multiplayer. I had to delete it to use any module in multiplayer, not just the AJS-37.

I thought that had been fixed.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

The DCS Huey gets into VRS very easily as well. Aside from translating out of it, you can also break it just by tilting the rotor out of the horizontal.

No idea how accurate that is, but once you learn to avoid it it only happens rarely. I'm not sure how real helicopters pilots could survive the lessons I've had about it though. ;)

For me (which is admittedly a very amateur opinion), of the modules I've flown, it would have to be the L-39.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

A very seasoned real world pilot in our ranks often talks about the Mig-21 having a very real feel to it.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

The DCS Huey gets into VRS very easily as well. Aside from translating out of it, you can also break it just by tilting the rotor out of the horizontal.

No idea how accurate that is, but once you learn to avoid it it only happens rarely. I'm not sure how real helicopters pilots could survive the lessons I've had about it though. ;)

Sounds like the "vuichard recovery" method

Intel 5820k | Asus X-99A | Crucial 16GB | Powercolor Devil RX580 8GB | Win 10 x64 | Oculus Rift | https://gallery.ksotov.co.uk

Patiently waiting for: DCS: Panavia Tornado, DCS: SA-2 Guideline, DCS: SA-3 Goa, DCS: S-300 Grumble

but I don't have this problem in other helicopters?

Well the Mi-8 only does that if you're in a hover and exceed the ~3 m/s limit. But if you keep your descent rate in check, you're fine.

No idea if this is accurate or not, BTW. But I don't even remember the last time I got into a VRS and I fly this module all the time, so I'm finding it at least manageable myself. Just my $0.002 though & YMMV...

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.