Is my Warthog stick messed up?

sze5003

I noticed the DMS switch on my warthog joystick is not accurate. When pressing DMS up or down it ends up conflicting with DMS Left and Right. I notice this in the control settings too. When I would press DMS Left or Right it would show DMS Aft selected in the control section. I have to press pretty hard on Aft to actually have it show aft selected.

Has anyone else noticed this on their warthog? Is it possible to just buy another warthog joystick and screw it on to the base?

I'm having issues in missions where I need to slave to a waypoint then select my weapons. I notice if I select a weapon with the mouse from the DSMS page, it does not load the profile for that weapon which I configured and saved.

The profile is only active when I select the weapon with HUD SOI and DMS switch..which is what I'm having conflicting issues with. Whenever I am trying to scroll through my weapons it randomly changes my waypoints..and when I get the right weapon, my waypoint/spi changes too.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

I'd suggest to try this in the Win Gamecontroller properties. In case you see the buttons lit as expected on screen it is a binding issue in DCS. If it also behaves wonky in the Win Gamecontroller Settings you probably have some issue with your hardware.

Since DCS give the default bindings to new devices, this results in some double bindings, that somehow interfere with each other. It's rather annoying... In that case look at the device list in DCS and remove all unwanted bindings.

I actually just became a brand new Warthog user today and one thing I immediately noticed, compared to my ancient CH Gear, is that the TM buttons do not allow for any slop off axis. If you mean to push a button toward 12 o'clock or 3 o'clock and you actually push it towards 11:30 or 3:10, you many not get the result you expect. Gotta be deliberate.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

I actually just became a brand new Warthog user today and one thing I immediately noticed, compared to my ancient CH Gear, is that the TM buttons do not allow for any slop off axis. If you mean to push a button toward 12 o'clock or 3 o'clock and you actually push it towards 11:30 or 3:10, you many not get the result you expect. Gotta be deliberate.
I'd suggest to try this in the Win Gamecontroller properties. In case you see the buttons lit as expected on screen it is a binding issue in DCS. If it also behaves wonky in the Win Gamecontroller Settings you probably have some issue with your hardware.

Since DCS give the default bindings to new devices, this results in some double bindings, that somehow interfere with each other. It's rather annoying... In that case look at the device list in DCS and remove all unwanted bindings.

Thanks for the suggestions..yes I tried it in windows game controller settings. Only DMS up shows just that action being highlighted and sometimes DMS down. Pressing 3 or 9 o'clock shows also button 12 and 14 getting lit up. Then pressing up shows button button 11 and 13 getting lit up in the windows controller properties.

Looks like an issue and it may be getting worse. It's been making flying misisons very tough as the only way to select the weapons profiles I saved on the dsms profile page is with the DMS switch.

I always used to just click on the weapon I wanted but that doesn't select the profile parameters I've saved say for a gbu 12 for example. I'd have to go into view profile again and set the parameters.

Tried to contact thrustmaster yesterday but their site was down. I'm going to look on eBay for just the joystick screw in portion because im pretty sure I'd be without a stick for a month or more if I have to send it in.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

When i got my TM WH DMS up didnt worked and opening up the grip showed the cable wasnt soldere on. It took me about 3 Years to realise that :doh: . If you know what you are doing, repair it yourselb but if not get a new grip from TM.

If you remove the 4 screws at the top of the stick you can look directly at the contacts of the 4-way hat. Just dont pull on any cables. They are the cheapest i have ever seen and will come loose if you wiggle them to much.

PC: i7 6700K - GTX980ti - ASUS Z170P D3 - 32GB DDR3 - Samsung 850Evo - 5TB HDD

Displays: BenQ RL2455HM - Acer Pred. XB241H - BenQ RL2455HM

Controller: Modded TM WH grip on VKB Glad.2PRO, TM WH Trottle, TM MFD`s,

Saitek Rudder, 3xArduino Mega+Leonardo for AV8B panels, TIR5,

When i got my TM WH DMS up didnt worked and opening up the grip showed the cable wasnt soldere on. It took me about 3 Years to realise that :doh: . If you know what you are doing, repair it yourselb but if not get a new grip from TM.

If you remove the 4 screws at the top of the stick you can look directly at the contacts of the 4-way hat. Just dont pull on any cables. They are the cheapest i have ever seen and will come loose if you wiggle them to much.

Yea it sucks that something must have happened to the wiring I bet. All I got from TM was an automated email. There's a guy on Reddit that takes these and makes them for left handed people. I may just send it to him.

Where would I buy a new stick? Everywhere I see on eBay shows the joystick for like the prices of the whole set!

Yea it's $273 here on Amazon in US and I have prime too. It was $295 yesterday. I wanted to go with the vkb gunfighter pro stick but it got delayed again until end of march.

Also, no word from thrustmaster support from my emails. So I decided to call the support number. After a 30 min wait I got someone I could barely hear in Europe.

They were quick to get me off the phone and even asked if I had sent any support tickets and if I did then I should have just waited for their reply. Almost as if its a bad thing I called. I told them their site was down and I did email them 2 days ago but didn't even receive an automated reply.

They asked me for proof of purchase and I'm still under warranty. They told me they can send me the parts I need to repair the joystick with PDF instructions.

I emailed them everything they asked for and haven't heard anything yet. Although this time I did get an automated message saying someone will look at my email.

So it looks like I'll be attempting to open my stick up if the parts ever arrive. They told me on the phone they were having a hard time locating a parts center in the US.

If I never get them I guess I'll order the stick only from Amazon. Unless the vkb gunfighter pro is out by that time then I'll just get that stick and keep my Warthog throttle.

For anyone else with a similar issue, I have attached the PDF on how to replace the DMS switch. Looks easy and no soldering seems to be required IF they send you the switch like the one in the picture on the first page.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aiFx4rtGP8keK6UZoni-i2cDUt409M3e/view?usp=drivesdk

Hotas_Warthog_joystick_handle_Exchange_DMS_SWITCH (1).pdf

Edited by sze5003